Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC version) Page 25

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Next
  • Metalfish 6 Apr 2013 12:01:54 8,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got the same thing. I just assumed it's because I have the least well designed version of xp and am stubbornly holding out for as long as possible.
  • andytheadequate 6 Apr 2013 18:03:40 8,080 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    With this on sale, BF3 not being my cup of tea and my xbox live running out this month (and I have no plan to renew it) I thought I'd try the PC version.

I don't seem to be able to connect to any servers though, I get the same error message along the lines of "please check your network connection" on every server. There are a number of alleged fixes online but they all seem to have scores of people claiming they don't work, so I was wondering if anyone here may have run into this one and found a solution?
    I did exactly the same thing. My Xbox live gold will run out in a few months and didn't want to be without BC2. Let me know if you fancy a game some time
  • Mr-Brett 6 Apr 2013 18:12:19 12,723 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok will do. I have managed to get into games since posting that and so far haven't done brilliantly :)

I need to unlock the guns and equipment plus I have to get used to playing with a mouse because *Warning may offend*: I normally play shooters even on PC with a controller.

Portable view - Never forget.

• andytheadequate 6 Apr 2013 20:08:49 8,080 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    *Warning may offend*: I normally play shooters even on PC with a controller.
    I don't even know you who you are any more :)

It did take me a long time to get used to them again, but playing Planetside 2 and BF3 a bit helped and I'm half decent now.

I had a lot of problems with connecting to BF3 games at first, my wireless is just too shit so had to used a wired connection

Edited by andytheadequate at 18:42:09 07-04-2013
  • GuiltySpark 6 Apr 2013 20:32:16 6,322 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is their still a lot of people playing this on PC then? I bought it cheap a while ago, but didn't think anyone would still be playing it cause of BF3.

I used to love this game on 360.

Get bent.

• Mr-Brett 7 Apr 2013 17:20:48 12,723 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah there's still a decent amount playing, lots of full servers.

I'm getting that annoying error message again, classic EA online.

• captbirdseye 7 Apr 2013 17:28:03 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find that exiting the game and go back in solves this issue. I forgot how much of  a slog leveling up is though, but the game is so much more fun than BF3.
  • andytheadequate 7 Apr 2013 18:43:43 8,080 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried the 360 version last night whilst this was downloading and we couldn't get into a single game
  • Mr-Brett 7 Apr 2013 19:03:43 12,723 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I find that exiting the game and go back in solves this issue. I forgot how much of  a slog leveling up is though, but the game is so much more fun than BF3.
    I tried that earlier and just tried it again, nothing. Also if I go to quick play and search for all modes and all maps it says it can't find any. :/

• captbirdseye 7 Apr 2013 19:24:13 4,786 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I tried that earlier and just tried it again, nothing. Also if I go to quick play and search for all modes and all maps it says it can't find any. :/
    Sounds silly but are you ticking punkbuster and ranksd etc?
  • andytheadequate 7 Apr 2013 19:31:25 8,080 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a problem with the servers, hopefully only temporary...
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 27 Apr 2013 20:18:57 2,431 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was looking forward to getting back into this tonight...then I remembered the patching...here we go...

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 20:19:08 27-04-2013

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Mr-Brett 27 Apr 2013 20:32:04 12,723 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That confused me for a second, then I remembered that Origin doesn't download patches automatically. Good ol' Steam :)

We'll have to organise some matches, my EA account name is I believe (somewhat predictably) Mr-Brett.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 27 Apr 2013 20:44:22 2,431 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, one thing I love about Steam is the auto patching. Still going...

If I'd have realised it was on Steam I'd have have got it there. NVM.

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 20:48:19 27-04-2013

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 27 Apr 2013 21:21:28 2,431 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For fuck sake. I installed and had a go when I first bought it a couple of months back. Then didn't play it and unistalled it from Origin to make way for BF3. Now I've reinstalled it, it asks for the code. I put it in - it's already in use. I'm assuming I already used it the last time and it's not recognizing it this time, right?
    There are about 130 posts on help.ea stating the same thing - not one has been answered by anyone.
    Anyone got any ideas?

• DugBriderider 7 Jul 2014 12:36:27 527 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got back on this weekend thanks to the Steam Summer Sale, it still good and populated, a much tighter game all round. Used to play on XBox

Controls are a little clunky compared to BF3/4 (wish I had a primary toggle) and you do start at a disadvantage with no perks at all!
    But the levels especially in RUSH are fantastic and the gameplay so intense, for me the graphics haven't dated much either.
  • AcidSnake 7 Jul 2014 13:17:52 7,214 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I get heavy lag when trying this, still need to open up a few ports on the router according to some threads I've found...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Next