of 25 First / Last

• Stickman 30 Dec 2010 11:16:50 29,664 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "benderbox"

...zing.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Deleted user 30 December 2010 13:08:15
    So help me out here please. I want to play a game and it says I'm still level/rank 1 and haven't unlocked anything (despite knowing I have), I play for say half an hour and unlock something, I then turn it off. I decide to play later in the day and I'm back to square one again. What is going on, is it recording any of my progress just not telling me because the stat servers have crashed or something? When it decides to fix itself what situtation will I be in, will I get my original progress with the unlocks plus all the bits of progress I have made since the stat servers went tits up, or what?

It's kinda hard to enjoy the game when you are making zero progress thanks to the shit stat servers. This game really more than any other I have played depends on unlocks over skill, so I'm going to have to give up on it if it is never going to let me progress past lv 1!
  • coastal 30 Dec 2010 23:22:18 5,382 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hastings is pretty mad. Nice to see a good collection of vehicles though you don't get far in a boat if a helicopter is circling. Some nice veg to hide in if on foot though you need people in proper squads to win.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• dsmx 30 Dec 2010 23:24:57 7,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol I find hastings a stupidly easy map to play as every ground troop stands out like the hollywood sign. Oh yeah and the m40 kicks ass with magnum ammo.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Captain_Beardface 31 Dec 2010 05:17:32 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems M40 + magnum ammo is Vietnam's noobtube :p
  • dsmx 31 Dec 2010 09:45:12 7,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's either that or improved explosives and we all know how much people hate being killed by a mortar. Besides I always aim for the head, the magnum ammo is just to make sure they die If I get it slightly wrong and hit the chest instead.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 1 January 2011 15:33:08
    Fucks sake. A long game, winning by quite a bit, unlocked two weapons, a ton of pins. Prbably my best match so far and near the end it kicks me because apparently my ping was over 300 or some such bollocks. Game is good but fuck me it can be frustrating at times.
  • BillMurray 1 Jan 2011 19:11:26 7,689 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks to one of these new server scripts I got insta-killed on Vantage Point. Playing as a Yank the enemy had just taken the flag closest to our deployment using a tank, so I come storming out of our deployment firing at and destroying the enemy tank and I get punished for baseraping? How does that work?
  • BillMurray 1 Jan 2011 20:25:29 7,689 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think i'll be leaving that server well alone.

Onward and upward!
  • roz123 4 Jan 2011 10:04:16 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So Hastings was unlocked first on PC. Maybe this will show Dice/EA not releasing a PC version of BF:1943 was retarded.
  • Futaba 19 Jan 2011 12:17:15 3,492 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli, re: your post about the server not keeping your exp gained, I have a couple of idea why it might be doing that. Are you playing on ranked/punkbuster servers? If you don't play on the PB servers your stats aren't recorded. Also, Punkbuster is a background process that needs to be running while you're playing the game: do you have it installed correctly and is it set to start automatically?

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• bannyx 21 Jan 2011 14:49:43 95 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I go on the server browser and no servers show up at all :S Any clues?
  • bannyx 21 Jan 2011 14:49:46 95 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I go on the server browser and no servers show up at all :S Any clues?
  • Futaba 21 Jan 2011 14:58:05 3,492 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you clicked 'Search'?

• bannyx 21 Jan 2011 15:04:46 95 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, I am a noob but not to that extent. I searched around and apparently it's something to do with AV interference (I use Norton 360) but there doesn't seem to be any promising soloution.
  • Futaba 21 Jan 2011 15:11:26 3,492 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No offence intended :p I guess you could fiddle around with your firewalls allow/exceptions list to try to get it working. Or ditching Norton completely would also be a good idea.

• bannyx 21 Jan 2011 15:29:20 95 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I allowed it on Norton firewall. I'm a bit reluctant to uninstall or alter my AV package because I think it should be EAs burden to make their game work around all AVs not the other way around. I think I could bypass the server browser if I just add some BC2 players on steam and then follow them on to servers then add them to favourites (if that works.)
  • bannyx 21 Jan 2011 16:14:27 95 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    is that a promise?
  • mull 21 Jan 2011 16:25:34 463 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone got strong views on whether the RPG or the CG is better overall? I see a lot of high level people using RPGs, which surprises me; I like the CG since I've unlocked it.

Can't wait to get the engineer SMG upgrade, feel I'm a bit disadvantaged vs higher level players in firefights without it.
  • dsmx 21 Jan 2011 17:18:05 7,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CG is a better choice in more fights however if you are taking on tanks at close range the RPG is the one to choose every time. But as with all weapons in this game it's about picking the right weapon for each situation or what situations your likely to be facing.

• Sharzam 5 Feb 2011 10:27:47 2,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I picked this up during the steam Christmas sale, i haven't played a lot admittedly but every game ive joined so far there is no talking at all. So team work goes out of the door without communication.

Is there a regular EG server ? or even a regular day that EG peeps play

Name is Sharzam in BC2 also

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Futaba 7 Feb 2011 23:16:12 3,492 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Sharzam

Just sent you a friend request. Not sure if I have a mic kicking about though :|

• dsmx 8 Feb 2011 01:50:39 7,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you can add me as well if you want I'm dsmx in steam and in BC2

• Futaba 8 Feb 2011 10:32:25 3,492 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    K, will do :)

• BillMurray 8 Feb 2011 10:55:19 7,689 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I *think* my name on BC2 is BillMurrayEG. Could be wrong.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last