Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC version) Page 2

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• ChampionAdam 9 Feb 2010 09:35:53 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't pre-order for a Beta key - the pre-order/cancel scam has completely f***ed the beta key deal, and they aren't sending them out any more, regardless (obviously) of your intention.
  • Immaterial 17 Feb 2010 18:00:07 1,334 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enjoying the beta map and game mode, although the field of vision feels too tight. Still can't fly hrlicopters for toffee though.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• ChampionAdam 17 Feb 2010 18:45:13 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really fun so far, although I'm struggling to kill anything with the sniper rifle. Can't seem to get the right adjustment for bullet drop.

I was hoping that spotting before sniping would give me a clue since that's what it's supposed to do in reality (isn't it?) but it doesn't seem to.

Any tips?
  • Jetset_UK 17 Feb 2010 18:54:45 3,563 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I shall defo be getting this little beauty when it comes out.

Not in beta though, so don't y'all be getting too good at it!!!!
  • dsmx 18 Feb 2010 12:39:56 7,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another thing about he sniper rifle is from what I can tell different rifles have very different bullet drop rates. The last one you unlock has very little drop whereas the m24 drops by quite a lot.

However keep the fire button held down after the shot leaves the rifle and you'll be able to watch the path the bullet takes and where it hits so you can correct for your next shot.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Immaterial 25 Feb 2010 13:55:04 1,334 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty sure some clever clogs running by the name of HADDOCK- El MuErko knifed me yesterday as I was busy reviving a squadmate... thanks for that!

• Immaterial 25 Feb 2010 14:53:51 1,334 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    workaround to increase your FoV so you might not get stabbed when reviving someone.

• El_MUERkO 25 Feb 2010 15:00:10 16,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    or you could just wait for the full release when they're putting a slider in the video options
  • El_MUERkO 25 Feb 2010 15:00:44 16,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Immaterial wrote:
    Pretty sure some clever clogs running by the name of HADDOCK- El MuErko knifed me yesterday as I was busy reviving a squadmate... thanks for that!

hehehehehe
  • matrim83 25 Feb 2010 15:08:51 5,587 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Andee wrote:
    I'm just trying to decide wether to go for PC or PS3 version, it seems they are not doing a PC demo though. Battlefield had always been better on PC, but I just had concerns that Bad Company 2 might suffer if it was more of a console port instead of a 'proper' PC Battlefield game.

PC version is great. The only thing that suffers console style is you can't see your ping during the game.

But everything that makes battlefield, battlefield, is here.

I know its kinda late for this (lol) but if you run the game as admin you can/could see your ping as well.

Valar morghulis.

• matrim83 25 Feb 2010 15:25:33 5,587 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assuming you are in Vista, right click on the BFBC2Game file in your installed game folder and select run as admin. After that it will show ping to every server.

Valar morghulis.

• phAge 25 Feb 2010 15:26:03 24,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    However keep the fire button held down after the shot leaves the rifle and you'll be able to watch the path the bullet takes and where it hits so you can correct for your next shot.
    Military snipers IRL rarely make that much-fabled "one shot, one kill". Most of the time it takes one or more shots to put a bullet on the target.
  • ChampionAdam 25 Feb 2010 19:00:18 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just ordered this 4 RE4L (as opposed to ordering and canceling for to play the beta...).

I have a (some) question(s) that I would really appreciate (an) answer(s) to!

How do I find a server that isn't full of (cheating) pricks?

What the hell is a clan and how the hell can I find one that wouldn't be full of cheating, sweary, teenage pricks?

What are, realistically, the things that a person playing this game who has almost no experience of online shooty-games should do?

Pweeze?

A

xx
  • matrim83 25 Feb 2010 19:11:11 5,587 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^^ The answer to the first two questions is to play with local guys. People here are pretty decent. Or you can find a few servers that you like where you get good ping and people are nice and polite and add them to favorites. It will be a bit trial and error for a few days but after that you are pretty much set for life.

As for the last question, I'd say be a medic, use the spot button, stay with your squad, throw down medkits and revive people when they die. Even if you dont get many kills you can still help out A LOT by doing those things.

IMO Medic is probably the most noob friendly class.

@ranbir. Sorry misread that. I thought you meant seeing ping on the server browser. :p

Valar morghulis.

• Red930 25 Feb 2010 19:22:06 158 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dont want to advertise, but Rogue Tribe will be setting up a top line 32 plyr server (rackage run) which will be ready by release. We don't tolerate pricks lightly and anyone who has been part of our BF2/Bf2142/First Strike/ETQW servers will testify. It will be sympathetically admined, yet we will not mess about with eejots as usual.

You are more than welcome to come and check us out on launch.

caveat; Other clans may also runs servers of a similar quality...
  • monkehhh 25 Feb 2010 19:43:14 3,294 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It would seem DICE want my money and I want to give them it, now to just decide where to order from.

The people I usually play these sort of games with aren't making great noises tho', I think they'll be playing CoD4 'til they die. There should be enough of them to form a squad with tho', and as EG folk are making good noises, all should be well :)
  • apoc_reg 26 Feb 2010 10:31:57 8 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Im loving the Beta i've gotta say and have my preorder in place with bonus stuff (though GAME Uk i think it is)

Add me to your friends list if your on the beta!

apoc_reg
  • apoc_reg 26 Feb 2010 10:33:12 8 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Good performance on high settings. I haven't fiddled with anything else.

Playing at 1680x1050 with a quad core q6600 and a Geforce 9800GT OC.

Btw, this beta map is blinding.

Sun+snow = blindness. Why aren't our troops equipped with shaded goggles?! Madness!

Hmm i am actually a little disappointed by the performance. I play on high at 1680x1050 and dont get much more than 25-40 fps

i7 920 and GTX 275
  • Khanivor 3 Mar 2010 05:26:47 40,542 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well this is totally shit if you want to play some MP. Either no servers, can't connect or get kickec after a wee while.

And I'm not sure I like the way you keep getting yanked out of the action in the SP. It's like having every third hand of a game of poker played by someone else you've never met. In another room.
  • ChampionAdam 5 Mar 2010 18:53:26 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm absolutely LOVING this game, even with the current bugs.
  • Razer 5 Mar 2010 19:35:06 1,047 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just spent 20 minutes trying to connect to a server, any server, to no avail :(
  • dsmx 5 Mar 2010 19:38:43 7,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah at present I can't play BC2 online, which is a shame. Still the BC2 forums say they are working on a fix that should be working tomorrow. There's also a patch coming but that's coming at the earliest next week.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 25 First / Last