• Page

of 32 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 14 Jul 2013 11:18:48 43,227 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Never heard of this Glee chap either.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 14 July 2013 11:24:09
    Never heard of Glee. I assume that's a good thing?

@mowgli - maybe you watch too much shite TV and are less part of the "gaming community" than you care to admit?
  • M83J01P97 14 Jul 2013 11:48:21 6,534 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Glee star 31?!

I thought they were all teens in that show?
    Did you ever watch Saved by the Bell as a kid...?
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 11:53:37
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Never heard of Glee. I assume that's a good thing?

@mowgli - maybe you watch too much shite TV and are less part of the "gaming community" than you care to admit?
    Nah, I don't watch shit TV, but at the same time I'll happily accept that I'm not as involved in the gaming community as I thought.

I don't have to watch glee to have seen the guy's face (or anyone in his position) on an advert or something. While I will have never, ever seen or heard of this giantbomb guy unless I sat down and watched his show?podcast? No disrespect to the guy, not being a celebrity is something to be proud of these days.
  • ecureuil 14 Jul 2013 12:23:02 76,489 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I dunno, I've never, ever heard his name or seen his face before and I'm part of the gaming community.

While I'm pretty sure I would have at least either heard the name or seen the face of talentless hack number 56 from xfactorpopstars.
    Yeah, I'd never heard of him either. Never heard of this chap from Glee either though.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Jul 2013 12:24:20 43,227 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what advert has that dead Glee guy been in then? Because I seriously have absolutely no idea who he is, and if he makes the grade as a celebrity and the Giantbomb chap doesn't, there must be some nuance of definition I'm missing.

• WrongShui 14 Jul 2013 12:28:11 6,598 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's been in Glee adverts on Sky?
  • Blotto 14 Jul 2013 12:30:52 2,710 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'M SO COOL, LOOK AT ME NOT KNOWING THIS GUY FROM GLEE

I find it hard to believe that this many of you have somehow failed to see a single advert either online or on TV for a highly publicised and successful show.
  • WrongShui 14 Jul 2013 12:32:35 6,598 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Relax chum, not everyone bothers with tv in these bowfangled days of torrents and newsgroups.
  • Blotto 14 Jul 2013 12:35:33 2,710 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just dislike the whole "Oh, that popular thing? Never heard of it/seen it, my life is far too interesting for all that nonsense" on the internet that's tied into people suddenly hating something when it gets popular.

The most annoying aspect of the internet by far.
  • WrongShui 14 Jul 2013 12:36:56 6,598 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think a lot of people here disliked Glee from the off chum.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 12:39:10
    I don't watch TV or subscribe to Sky.

Does watching Glee make you type in angry caps? Doesn't sound too gleeful :(
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 12:41:10
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So what advert has that dead Glee guy been in then? Because I seriously have absolutely no idea who he is, and if he makes the grade as a celebrity and the Giantbomb chap doesn't, there must be some nuance of definition I'm missing.
    A good place to start would be someone recognisable by people beyond the smallest subset of a hobbyist group.

A gaming celebrity would be fitting if you like, but we are now entering a level of semnlantics too tragic for a sunny Sunday afternoon.
  • ecureuil 14 Jul 2013 12:48:03 76,489 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    I just dislike the whole "Oh, that popular thing? Never heard of it/seen it, my life is far too interesting for all that nonsense" on the internet that's tied into people suddenly hating something when it gets popular.

Or maybe we've actually genuinely never heard of him. You're the one interpreting it as a boast or whatever, it's in your head.
  • Kay 14 Jul 2013 12:53:04 17,760 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd never heard of Ryan Davis either. I might have seen him on a video or might have heard his voice somewhere, but certainly wouldn't have been able to put a face to the name.

I knew the Glee guy however (though not by his real name), having seen bits of the show in the past. Glee was pretty massive a couple of years or so ago, so I'd say he's definitely the more recognisable face.
  • Humperfunk 14 Jul 2013 13:12:53 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Blotto wrote:

Or maybe we've actually genuinely never heard of him. You're the one interpreting it as a boast or whatever, it's in your head.
    I have never heard of him. I have never watched Glee, which I think is a fairly sensible reason for not knowing who he is which I imagine is the same as everyone else who hasn't heard of him.

RIP anyway, way too young. Same as that computer game chap.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Load_2.0 14 Jul 2013 13:40:04 18,879 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not knowing what Glee is stikes me as odd, you would have to be fairly out of touch with popular culture, given it is/was a pretty big show. It gets referenced enough in the media, pretty sure there is at least one Simpsons episode .

I didn't know the guy by name but by certainly knew his face, he was famous, hence is being on the all the news sites.
  • Blotto 14 Jul 2013 14:02:16 2,710 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Not knowing what Glee is stikes me as odd, you would have to be fairly out of touch with popular culture, given it is/was a pretty big show. It gets referenced enough in the media, pretty sure there is at least one Simpsons episode .

I didn't know the guy by name but by certainly knew his face, he was famous, hence is being on the all the news sites.
    Yeah basically this. If someone who I knew had no online presence said they didn't know who it was then I'd be more inclined to believe them, but as people who are clearly extremely active online I genuinely don't understand how you'd never have seen his face/have literally no clue who he is.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Jul 2013 15:15:07 43,227 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know what Glee is, I just never watched it. Same as I know what Giantbomb is, I just never watched their podcast.

• onestepfromlost 14 Jul 2013 16:09:26 2,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    computer games people should know what glee is since they nicked that song from the portal tune guy.
  • nickthegun 14 Jul 2013 16:15:27 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, ive never heard of this guy either. I know what a glee is but I have never seen a minute of it.

THIS IS NOT A JUDGEMENT ON THOSE THAT HAVE MERELY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Youthist 14 Jul 2013 17:49:56 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The most pointless discussion ever, but yes - everyone has surely heard of some show called Glee. It is some musical shite that has a cunt in a wheelchair and ugly folk everywhere. I have never seen a second of it, and no idea who this dead person is. I understand he is in this show from the reports today.

Surely the above is a regular position of most ont his site and most who are on the internets outside of people that have seen this garbage.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• thelzdking 14 Jul 2013 18:28:34 4,312 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How do you know it's so shit if you've never seen a second of it ;)
  • Baihu1983 14 Jul 2013 18:41:47 3,278 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Never watched it but how could anyone not have heard about it? Shit load of talk when it first started and anyone in the UK with Sky would have had a hard time missing the non stop ads when they got the rights to it.
  • danathjo 14 Jul 2013 19:01:16 7,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I PREDICT
    Danny Glover
    Billy Crystal
    Whoever invented post it notes
    Someone from the Disney family
    Eric Idle
    Black guy from Ghostbusters
    Drew Barrymore
    Tim Curry
    Tina Turner
    ...and then you

One of these deaths will involve custard....i'm not at liberty to say which one
    give it 12 months from postage time
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 19:08:15
    I reckon Stephen King might be sooner, rather than later. Heading into his late 60s with a good few decades of alcohol and drug abuse behind him. Then again, Keith Richards looks like he's going to reach his 70s, so who knows?
  • Maturin 14 Jul 2013 19:14:43 2,889 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Keith Richards cannot be killed with mortal weapons.
  • Ashleyfiddes 14 Jul 2013 19:17:48 980 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    George R R Martin just to piss a lot of people off
  • danathjo 14 Jul 2013 19:18:19 7,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You'd have to find the host and then kill that first, until then Keith Richards will never perish.
  • neilka 14 Jul 2013 19:18:52 15,641 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I engaged in semnlantics once, I was mopping up for days afterwards.
  • Page

of 32 First / Last