that's pretty well done
  • dominalien 7 Aug 2011 13:54:54 8,156 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that's surprisingly good.
  • Dazimus 7 Aug 2011 20:01:30 733 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just like Dead Space, I can't play this for long without having to turn it off. I'm crap at tension in games :/

I was showing the game off to a mate of mine, then my lamp started flickering, noises going on...

I turned around in the hallway and this character was standing about 5 foot in front of me! I nearly jumped out of my seat, made this weird gasping noise, went white and goosebumps, then legged my character down the hall...

Bloody hell, a stupid thing but scared the crap outta me and had my mate in stitches laughing.
  • dominalien 27 Sep 2011 19:05:19 8,156 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hm, seems no one has mentioned this here yet, but there is a 1.2 patch for Amnesia with some DLC called Justine and some short stories. I guess people who have the game through Steam got the patch automatically. They announced this back in May.

For people who bought the game from Frictional's store, there's also a free soundtrack from the game.

I'm still downloading the 1 GB file, so I can't say what this is all about.
  • dwalker109 28 Oct 2011 11:17:15 82 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's also 80% off on Steam at the mo, so I just picked this up for less than three quid.
  • JoeBlade 4 Nov 2011 21:38:28 3,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Haha, there are a couple of excellent replays floating about on YouTube from game reviewers and casters who tried Amnesia for Halloween.
    Well worth watching for a few good laughs and a very adequate impression of the level of scariness of this game :)
  • Tomo 29 Dec 2011 15:46:57 15,160 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/zmbWa.jpg
    Amazing picture! :D

I did this yesterday. But I'm currently battling through. I've exploded in one pair of pants so far this level, aside from the constant drippage down my leg.

I literally can't play it for more than about 30 mins without resuming normal life to remind myself it's not real :/
  • RobAnybody 25 Apr 2012 19:45:35 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Haha, there are a couple of excellent replays floating about on YouTube from game reviewers and casters who tried Amnesia for Halloween.
    Well worth watching for a few good laughs and a very adequate impression of the level of scariness of this game :)
    Speaking of walkthroughs with commentary, this is perhaps my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDs8vDPLSRc

The guy goofs around a bit and puts on some daft voices at times, but he's a real hoot.

Also worth checking out YouTube for people playing the water level, just search for:

amnesia water
  • Tiger_Walts 26 Apr 2012 00:43:35 16,674 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Hm, seems no one has mentioned this here yet, but there is a 1.2 patch for Amnesia with some DLC called Justine and some short stories. I guess people who have the game through Steam got the patch automatically. They announced this back in May.

For people who bought the game from Frictional's store, there's also a free soundtrack from the game.

I'm still downloading the 1 GB file, so I can't say what this is all about.
    The patch in question also adds mod support (which is what allows the add-on story). There's some [link=http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-the-dark-descent/mods">good user created content out there.
  • RobAnybody 1 May 2012 17:47:38 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The White Night mod looks good, must try it sometime. :)
  • mothercruncher 11 Feb 2013 09:01:53 12,817 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Found this mentioned in some random thread out in the wilderness... found it has a mac version, bought it over the weekend, and couldn't be more impressed. Proper old school gaming with not a dodgy Facebook link or micro-transaction in sight :)

Only got to the water bit, trying to run now, PROPERLY scary, great stuff.
  • King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 09:35:36 11,471 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Does it work with a controller or does it *have* to be keyboard and mouse?
    K&M only.
  • RobAnybody 11 Feb 2013 10:14:32 1,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Does it work with a controller or does it *have* to be keyboard and mouse?
    K&M only.
    You could use a controller if you grabbed one of the keyboard/mouse remappers (PC/Windows) out there. Xpadder and joy2key are just two examples.
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 10:31:26 25,696 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It'd be shit on a controller though wouldn't it? I'm thinking of opening and closing drawers etc
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 10:38:06
    May as well play with the monitor turned off.
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 12:20:00 25,696 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TarickStonefire - Can pretty much guarantee it'll shit you right up!

Just you wait :)
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 23:45:05
    Oh man, I just had a go at the demo and could barely make five minutes before I had to save and exit. It's so fucking intense already.

I think I'll have to play this one during the day; sitting alone in my room with a headset on is doing me no favours here.
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2017 10:43:26 1,166 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Collection is 16 on PSN at the minute, jumps back up to 24 tomorrow. I'm tempted.

Still, even with the discount it seems a bit steep for an old game.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Feb 2017 10:58:59 8,307 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm tempted as well. But I know that I won't play it til at least I've finished MGSV and this other run of Alien. Which will take at least 3431412323 months.

I'll wait.

Shit. I've started thinking about it now. Your fault Switch damn you.
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2017 11:07:09 1,166 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I should really wait too, at least until I've finished Alien, I may have had my fill of horror by the time I've finished that.

Want to play Nioh too at some point. Too many games.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.