Amnesia: The Dark Descent Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• Ceelion 12 Dec 2010 10:43:38 204 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's worth full price . You really should play it today!
  • Ochoraro 13 Dec 2010 10:54:14 110 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Amnesia was, at least for me, one of the most inmersive videogames experiences that I had in recent moths. For less than 7 pounds... and if you, adventure lovers, donīt already have it... what are you waiting for ??

Once I finished it, I bought the previous titles of Frictional Games:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Penumbra-Collection-PC-DVD/dp/B001BVAQS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1292237144&sr=8-1

• FutileResistor 31 Dec 2010 23:01:25 1,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't everyone buy this in the steam sale?

Why isn't anyone talking about this game?
  • Dirtbox 31 Dec 2010 23:02:25 78,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/zmbWa.jpg

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• FutileResistor 31 Dec 2010 23:03:37 1,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LOL
  • FutileResistor 31 Dec 2010 23:10:19 1,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Holy shit, Amnesia WHAT THE FUUUCK
  • ecureuil 31 Dec 2010 23:20:45 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FutileResistor wrote:
    Holy shit, Amnesia WHAT THE FUUUCK

Check the previous page of this thread. :)
  • FutileResistor 31 Dec 2010 23:30:52 1,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    8-)

Have you played the game now ecu?
  • ecureuil 31 Dec 2010 23:46:39 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, I managed to get it in the steam sale, but I won't be able to play it until I arrive back in the UK in a couple of weeks. Expect many posts of me being utterly terrified by this game. :) I think I'll play it exclusively at night, with headphones, with the lights out.
  • FutileResistor 31 Dec 2010 23:52:00 1,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's the best way.

Definately the headphones, the sound design for this game is half of what makes it so scary.
  • Widge Moderator 31 Dec 2010 23:56:29 13,573 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I absolutely could not play this game but it sounds fascinating! Decided to experience via wikipedia instead.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• northside 1 Jan 2011 22:55:30 637 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really must get back to this game but it's just too bloody scary. I switched it off about 3 hours in sheer terror and haven't gone back to it since.
  • ecureuil 7 Jan 2011 22:39:45 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is why the Steam sale is awesome.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Jan 2011 23:17:02 24,327 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I might get this off steam for the mac. First computer gaming for years that won't be on a console!

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• teh_MBK 13 Jan 2011 15:20:43 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have been debating with myself whether or not to buy it and finally took the plunge (missing the sale, but the devs deserve every penny) and I couldn't be happier I did. I don't think I'm too far through just finished the water monster part. Legging it, slamming doors behind me, hearing the splashes getting louder and doors getting smashed it actually saying "Oh my god!" over and over to myself. Excellent rush.. The fact some say it gets more terrifying is just what I wanted to hear!

On the topic of horror, the "make you jump with loud noise" style I hate. It seems cheap to me, which is why I tend to avoid most horror movies. My favourite moments in gaming are those that let my imagination take over. This game and the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief: Deadly Shadows are among my favourite gaming experiences. The Cradle was great when I first played through as I had limited supplies for taking down the bad dudes. It was spooky stealth heaven.

In essence, this game provides a good change from shooting bad guys in the face and actually gives an exhilarating experience (something I find rare in gaming, but I'm probably not looking hard enough). Gaming gold.
  • JoeBlade 13 Jan 2011 20:43:41 2,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I only play this game while tipsy, then it's a lot more bearable, but it does mean I'm not advancing very rapidly. I do play with headphones and in a dark room though, and exclusively late at night :p

I'm about where MBK's at too and I can already say it's the most (in)tense gaming experience since as long as I can remember. Even Dead Space, which I liked a lot, doesn't have a patch on this. Gaming gold indeed!
  • SirScratchalot 13 Jan 2011 20:54:53 7,872 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can strongly recommend against playing this game at night with a playful cat in the house. I woke up my daughter and wife by screaming, loud, when my lovely feline attacked my foot while in the game was hunkering down behind a box in the dark and staring at the floor. Willing the footsteps that were getting closer to, please, go the other way.
    I've been summaily ordered to give it up for the night.
    I'm a bit relieved honestly.
  • teh_MBK 18 Jan 2011 21:05:59 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Completed. Final opinion, still a great game, though for me, (BIG SPOILERS, ENDING STUFF) the atmosphere kinda fizzled out after the shit scary water monster part mentioned above. After that, there was the odd occasion where I experienced a slight adrenaline increase, but got used to the noises and found that monsters seemed to disappear, you see them once wait for them to move on, follow their path (they seemed to patrol, the logic was they wouldn't sneak up on me, and they'd be gone by the time I reached the next corner or evaporate at a dead end.

Spent the last part of the game just legging it around to see the conclusion. Gotta say, I thirsted for more story, they did that really well and I loved the diary notes and voice acting. The torture stuff was done really well too, though it didn't seem to chill me, just kept me interested. Witnessed all three endings, if you let Alexander go, it's a bit weak, the other two endings were great conclusions. I especially liked the sequence after the revenge ending.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Jan 2011 19:28:51 38,175 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Feck me, I just got to the water monster part and just had to turn the game off... I need to play this game when I'm in a better mood!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• teh_MBK 22 Jan 2011 23:09:23 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A top gaming moment in the making it appears.
  • Apollo 23 Jan 2011 15:54:09 523 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone using a pad to play this?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jan 2011 15:56:23 38,175 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, it doesn't support pads as far as I know. You use the mouse to interact with the environment, pushing and pulling objects like draws, doors, switches and wheels. It wouldn't really work too well with a pad.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• dutchspeededup 23 Jan 2011 15:56:26 4,393 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Man, I wish I had a PC capable of dealing with this.

*kicks notebook and curses penury*
  • Oh-Bollox 27 Jan 2011 17:17:32 5,246 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New swears per minute record playing this.

"What the fuck's going on what the fuck is that oh fuck me me why is that door swinging open come on then you cunt oh Christing fuck."

/chucks chair at nothing at all and flees sobbing back whence he came
  • Lexx87 30 Jan 2011 20:24:40 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just started this and fucking hell how tense is it!

I just managed to find some lantern oil but I have so little and it's so so dark...in the dark places the noises start. God the horrible noises. I crawled over to some chest and thank god some more oil. But when it runs out i'm left alone in the dark.

I don't want to be in the dark.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Tom_Servo 30 Jan 2011 20:25:41 17,951 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried the demo yesterday after being recommended it by DDevil. Spooky stuff! The invisible water monster was heart-pounding.
  • quadfather 31 Jan 2011 13:01:25 12,139 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Oh-Bollox - lol - really lol

@Lexx - yes!

@Tom_Servo - I thought I was actually having a heart attack at that bit :-)

Ace game

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Collymilad 18 May 2011 02:17:41 1,266 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry to drag up a really old thread but I've just started playing this, as OnLive is giving it away free (only got it two days ago to try it out and haven't bought any play packs or anything) - You can get it free for the next 3 hours (offer ends at 12 EST, I think thats GMT -5 no?) with the promo code THANKYOU (details on joystiq)

Anyway holy hell this game is scary. I just played it for 10 minutes, bloody stressful :p
  • ISmoke 19 May 2011 17:03:24 546 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    I can strongly recommend against playing this game at night with a playful cat in the house. I woke up my daughter and wife by screaming, loud, when my lovely feline attacked my foot while in the game was hunkering down behind a box in the dark and staring at the floor. Willing the footsteps that were getting closer to, please, go the other way.
    I've been summaily ordered to give it up for the night.
    I'm a bit relieved honestly.

Best thing I've read on the internet in a while \o/

I've been toying with the idea of trying the demo but i'm not sure how scared i want to get.
  • Ged42 7 Aug 2011 11:01:16 7,731 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Amnesia: TDD in real life as Daniel goes to get his Xbox back.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last