Robocop Remake Page 11

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Sep 2013 12:49:53 38,363 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I never understood why that ED209 had live ammo loaded into it :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• TarickStonefire 6 Sep 2013 12:50:22 3,133 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In short, I would not buy this for a dollar.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Maturin 6 Sep 2013 12:51:36 3,032 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Keeping an ED209 stocked up would be really expensive. Just one of the bullets probably would have done the trick.
  • TarickStonefire 6 Sep 2013 12:52:57 3,133 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I watched Robocop a few nights ago on netflix, and except for his suit looking a bit flakey in HD and some shonky special effects (ED209 mainly) its aged very well imo.
    Yeah, all Verhoven's SF movies stand up even now because they're beautifully shot, skillfully designed, and well written. When you get someone like that who has a clear vision and talent they imbibe their productions with such a distinct personality it makes them timeless.

ED209 does look a little shaky now, but the stop-motion effect is very creepy in a way that CG rarely manages.
    The only shot I can think of that looks terrible right now is when Arnie is dressed as the fat woman when he's arriving on Mars and then takes off his head... I can't really remember many others. Maybe when their heads are about to pop as they're ejected from the facility at the end...
    TWWWOOOO WEEEEEEKS.
    The *only* good bit in that abortion of a remake was when they referenced that scene.

I'm curious, there must be people out there that see LEN WISEMAN and THAT SOUR FACED BITCH WHO MARRIED HIM on a film's poster and go "YES! We are SO seeing that when it comes out!".

I'd love to meet those people, just so I could shake my head at them in disbelief.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Latin 6 Sep 2013 14:03:32 3,710 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought Kate Beckinsale was actually the best part of the movie... Which shows how shit it was!
  • SlackMaster 6 Sep 2013 14:12:31 3,134 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not seen any of the trailers yet but caught an image of the re-designed Robocop and gotta say... don't like it.

It looks really bland and doesn't have any character. The old Robocop suit still looks really cool IMO, and has a load more character to it.
  • KRadiation 6 Sep 2013 14:16:45 220 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's like a mix between Iron man and Crysis. :(
  • onestepfromlost 6 Sep 2013 14:28:29 2,076 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's a power ranger. The Trailer didn't look too terrible. I'm going to give it a chance. I know it's in no way going to be half as good as the original but it may just be watchable.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2013 14:29:25
    It looks like the black suit is just temporary. I didn't think it looked too bad, though. Certainly not looking like an outright disaster.
  • localnotail 6 Sep 2013 14:31:19 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now I have this in my head:

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 14:31:42 28,263 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It just looks so bland and characterless.
  • RobAnybody 6 Sep 2013 14:38:20 902 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looks like a by-the-numbers Hollywood kids' flick with the usual unimaginative dialogue and predictable story.
  • sega 6 Sep 2013 14:39:00 890 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The worst thing about seeing that is there seems to be a ton of other robots in this version that he obviously has to fight. The ED-209s now seem to be practical war robots instead of an expensive, style over efficiency, malfunctioning monstrosities. I think Robocop is just one of many machines in this world.

I also wonder if any of the satire is carried over to this. I expect they'll force a badly used "I'd buy that for a dollar" quote in there like they did with the "three hands" line in the Total Recall remake.
  • localnotail 6 Sep 2013 14:39:15 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 14:42:29 60,160 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    It looks like the black suit is just temporary. I didn't think it looked too bad, though. Certainly not looking like an outright disaster.
    I kind of get the black suit after watching the trailer. Detroit is now a complete demilitarised zone, so OCP are making super soliders under the pretence of law enforcement and using the slums as a test bed.

As a military weapon, it kind of makes sense for it to be painted black.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 14:46:25 28,263 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've watched the trailer again and I'm denouncing it. Its not robocop. I'm not normally one to whinge on about remakes but this is a step too far. IT'S NOT ROBOCOP.

Edited by Deckard1 at 15:03:30 06-09-2013
  • nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 14:47:46 60,160 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should call it ROBOMOP and have him cleaning toilets.

• Deleted user 6 September 2013 14:47:55
    I think people (not necessarily here, but on the wider internets) might be overthinking the original, too. It was a reasonably decent popcorn action film with a veneer of satire and a slightly overblown Jesus metaphor, not a philosophical treatise on humanity. It also spawned horrendous sequels and eventually an even more horrendous TV series, so this is a step up from those, at least.
  • sport 6 Sep 2013 14:51:47 12,758 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd normally respect meme's opinion on films, but not after that Oblivion disaster.
  • nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 14:54:07 60,160 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I've watched the trailer again and I'm denouncing it. Its not robocop. I'm not normally one to whinge on about remakes and this is a step too far. IT'S NOT ROBOCOP.
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56144073/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

• Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 14:56:28 28,263 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That monstrosity is not Robocop. He's fucking iron man. He shouldn't know who he is. He shouldn't know who his wife is. HE SHOULDN'T HAVE A FUCKING ROBO SEX SCENE WITH HIS WIFE. He shouldn't be fast. He shouldn't fucking morph into other fucking shit. He shouldn't have a fucking retractable helmet.

He's not fucking robocop.
  • nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 14:57:15 60,160 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He shouldn't have a fucking retractable helmet.
    Hurrrr

• Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 14:58:26 28,263 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murphy was jewish in the original
  • DFawkes 6 Sep 2013 15:07:04 23,059 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite like the look of this to be honest. I like that he's fast, that he's fully aware that he's been turned into a robot and the retractable faceplate. Might be an enjoyable enough film. But still...

Deckard1 wrote:
    IT'S NOT ROBOCOP.
    I even got some enjoyement out of Total Recall, in the bits that were nothing to do with Total Recall. This could've easily been tweaked to not be anything to do with Robocop. I know it's because the name makes it easier to pitch to both the public and the men with the money, but I'd still have preferred it to be a totally new film.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Latin 6 Sep 2013 15:08:17 3,710 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wonder if Robocain makes an appearance... That guy was fucking mental!
  • Shikasama 6 Sep 2013 15:12:05 6,872 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not really bothered about it being a 'true Robocop' to be honest as I don;t have any great affection for the first one, but that trailer just looked like really boring, derivative bollocks.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2013 15:13:21
    sport wrote:
    I'd normally respect meme's opinion on films, but not after that Oblivion disaster.
    Robocop is half man half machine all stomping on Deckard's hopes and dreams
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2013 16:05:35 1,800 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    That monstrosity is not Robocop. He's fucking iron man. He shouldn't know who he is. He shouldn't know who his wife is. HE SHOULDN'T HAVE A FUCKING ROBO SEX SCENE WITH HIS WIFE. He shouldn't be fast. He shouldn't fucking morph into other fucking shit. He shouldn't have a fucking retractable helmet.

He's not fucking robocop.
    I just watched the trailer and came to basically say this. It. looks. fucking. terrible. Oh dear, oh dear, oh fucking dear what have you fucking done to a brilliant movie?

After seeing that trailer I have no hope at all that this will be in any way, shape, or form, good. Today, after watching that trailer, I am a very sad panda.
  • thelzdking 6 Sep 2013 16:42:56 4,367 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This looks like it's going to be a massively shitty pile of shitty fucking shit.
  • twelveways 6 Sep 2013 16:47:28 4,031 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there any chance that this movie could be working towards a Terminator vs Robocop movie? I quite liked those comics.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last