Robocop Remake Page 10

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• YenRug 6 Sep 2013 10:43:00 2,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's an HD version here:

The best I can say? It doesn't look quite as bad as I was expecting, there are some hints of interesting concepts in there, i.e. having the illusion of freewill vs the original's programmed and discovering freewill.

If you want some behind the scenes insight on the original:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/03/14/the-making-of-robocop-extended-cut/

ETA: Oh yeah, and it would have been a little hard for me to watch it whilst I was under 10, seeing as I was 18 when it came out...

Edited by YenRug at 10:45:55 06-09-2013
  • Razz 6 Sep 2013 10:47:16 60,789 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    , there are some hints of interesting concepts in there, i.e. having the illusion of freewill vs the original's programmed and discovering freewill.
    LOL, moments after that "He's rewriting his programming!" *doh!* I hate trailers :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Dizzy 6 Sep 2013 10:47:37 2,571 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this. Was not impressed by that trailer. Only thing I liked was ED209 ;)
  • YenRug 6 Sep 2013 10:52:48 2,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    , there are some hints of interesting concepts in there, i.e. having the illusion of freewill vs the original's programmed and discovering freewill.
    LOL, moments after that "He's rewriting his programming!" *doh!* I hate trailers :(
    Well, I did say hints, I just didn't say they immediately stomp all over them.
  • PearOfAnguish 6 Sep 2013 10:56:52 7,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I watched Robocop a few nights ago on netflix, and except for his suit looking a bit flakey in HD and some shonky special effects (ED209 mainly) its aged very well imo.
    Yeah, all Verhoven's SF movies stand up even now because they're beautifully shot, skillfully designed, and well written. When you get someone like that who has a clear vision and talent they imbibe their productions with such a distinct personality it makes them timeless.

ED209 does look a little shaky now, but the stop-motion effect is very creepy in a way that CG rarely manages.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 10:57:50 06-09-2013
  • Latin 6 Sep 2013 10:57:18 3,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only good bit was the line "dead or alive, you're coming with me" with a bit of robotic alteration to the voice.
  • Razz 6 Sep 2013 11:02:53 60,789 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    the stop-motion effect is very creepy in a way that CG rarely manages.
    This, definitely this.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• LeoliansBro 6 Sep 2013 11:05:47 43,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best ED209 moment from the original is Robocop just dealing with the one guarding OCP headquarters. Shades of Indy shooting that guy with the swords in Raiders.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Steve_Perry 6 Sep 2013 11:07:58 3,652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Best ED209 moment from the original is Robocop just dealing with the one guarding OCP headquarters. Shades of Indy shooting that guy with the swords in Raiders.
    I also like Snake Plissken's "Bangkok Rules".

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Latin 6 Sep 2013 11:10:56 3,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I watched Robocop a few nights ago on netflix, and except for his suit looking a bit flakey in HD and some shonky special effects (ED209 mainly) its aged very well imo.
    Yeah, all Verhoven's SF movies stand up even now because they're beautifully shot, skillfully designed, and well written. When you get someone like that who has a clear vision and talent they imbibe their productions with such a distinct personality it makes them timeless.

ED209 does look a little shaky now, but the stop-motion effect is very creepy in a way that CG rarely manages.
    The only shot I can think of that looks terrible right now is when Arnie is dressed as the fat woman when he's arriving on Mars and then takes off his head... I can't really remember many others. Maybe when their heads are about to pop as they're ejected from the facility at the end...
  • oceanmotion 6 Sep 2013 11:11:36 15,673 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see he still has a human hand for those emotional moments. Wiping tears no doubt.

Nice to see Keaton again.

Edited by oceanmotion at 11:12:12 06-09-2013
  • the_dudefather 6 Sep 2013 11:13:46 9,208 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll always prefer the origional Robert Cop
    [youtube] J83U5t-tmEM[/youtube]

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• PearOfAnguish 6 Sep 2013 11:15:32 7,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:

The only shot I can think of that looks terrible right now is when Arnie is dressed as the fat woman when he's arriving on Mars and then takes off his head... I can't really remember many others. Maybe when their heads are about to pop as they're ejected from the facility at the end...
    TWWWOOOO WEEEEEEKS.
  • nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 11:17:32 58,907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    The Twist Gun was an absolute legend in our school. Not least because it shot footballs in the speccy version, so we all used to lob our caseys at each other.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Psychotext 6 Sep 2013 11:19:52 53,855 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wasn't horrified by the trailer. I don't like the black version, but I can see why they're doing it in the context of the film.
  • effinjamie 6 Sep 2013 11:21:46 881 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    I see he still has a human hand for those emotional moments. Wiping tears no doubt.

Nice to see Keaton again.
    "Lose the Arm!"

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - effinjamie

• vijay_UK 6 Sep 2013 11:22:14 2,080 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The violence made it cool.

Just a quick show of hands... who watched robocop before their 10th birthday?
    Someone had it on VHS and I refused to give it back. Great film, great movie poster. Someone mentioned the stop-motion, I'd imagine no-one nowadays would have the patience to do something that could be done in a few mins on a PC.

Still, this re-make looks interesting enough, and Michael Keaton looks good in the Ronny Cox(?) role.
  • vijay_UK 6 Sep 2013 11:26:08 2,080 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83U5t-tmEM&hd=1
    Just how much coke was in that room? Shit flying everywhere
  • PearOfAnguish 6 Sep 2013 11:29:42 7,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    effinjamie wrote:
    "Lose the Arm!"
    That was a great scene. Really hammered home that they were cold-hearted bastards who saw Murphy as nothing more than a slab of meat.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Sep 2013 11:32:59 37,392 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83U5t-tmEM&hd=1
    Just how much coke was in that room? Shit flying everywhere
    IIRC they were manufacturing it there. Or at least packaging it up.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mrpon 6 Sep 2013 12:16:21 28,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Possibly, my most quotable film, as a teen. Off the top of my head: "Guns, guns, guns!", "He's a cop killer!", "Dead or alive you're coming with me", "We killed you", "You have 20 seconds to comply", "Bitches leave" etc..

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 12:20:19 27,265 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There used to be a guy at work that looked like Clarence Boddicker and we always used to say "can you fly Bobby" when he walked passed.

My work is quite the hoot

Edited by Deckard1 at 12:24:15 06-09-2013
  • Tonka 6 Sep 2013 12:22:39 20,026 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow! A new toy! Can I play?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• munki83 6 Sep 2013 12:22:42 1,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    There used to be a guy at work that looked like Clarence Boddicker and was always used to say "can you fly Bobby" when he walked passed.

My work is quite the hoot
    Thats possibly one of my favourite lines from Robocop :D
  • oceanmotion 6 Sep 2013 12:31:34 15,673 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Forgot how violent it is.
  • Deckard1 6 Sep 2013 12:36:33 27,265 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • nickthegun 6 Sep 2013 12:39:12 58,907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love in the ED209 scene how everyone runs away from the dead guy because they know hes completely fucked.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• M83J01P97 6 Sep 2013 12:41:36 6,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:

Forgot how violent it is.
    I remember back in the early 90's when I was about 12 staying up late to watch the UK Premier of the Robocop Directors Cut... which basically was just this scene in it's entirety added back in. Those were the days...

Anyone who thinks Robocop was 'too violent' doesn't appreciate quality 80's gore in all it's glory and should be ashamed of them self.

Edited by M83J01P97 at 12:45:30 06-09-2013
  • JuanKerr 6 Sep 2013 12:43:28 36,205 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Verhoven's films always had shitloads of blood in them.
  • TarickStonefire 6 Sep 2013 12:49:00 2,905 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just like pretty much every blockbuster made these days, nobody that ever went to the cinema in the last twenty years needs to see this because they've already seen it. That's also the major problem with Elysium, for example - it never does a single thing you don't expect and haven't been waiting for since it was clumsily signposted half an hour earlier. I doubt this will be any different.

And if you ever saw Robocop in the first place, you definitely don't need to see this.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Page

of 23 First / Last