500 Free Wii Points

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Kuzad 30 Dec 2009 07:57:19 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nintendo are currently running a promotion until 22nd January 2010 and it is only available to NEWBIE Wii Shopping Channel users (i.e. your shopping channel account MUST have only been activated 30 days prior to you registering for this promotion)

So, if you haven't used the Wii Shop Channel yet (or if you've only made an account within the last 30 days) then you can get 500 FREE Wii points (offer ends 22/01/2010):

1. Go to the "Wii Shop Channel"
    2. Select the "Connection Ambassador Promotion" button (bottom left corner)
    3. Click on "Person who was helped"
    4. Enter the following 16 digit number: 1154 3774 3261 2561[/color]
    5. Answer a few questions
    6. Next, go to your Wii Message Board (bottom right hand corner of the home screen)
    7. Click "Create Message", then select "Address Book" and post your 16-digit console number in this thread or send me a PM with it in

8. Once I get your console number I will enter it (as the Ambassador) on my Wii and then YOU will get 500 FREE points !!

Simple & Easy!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Dec 2009 07:57:51 36,332 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fuck off.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Phreedh 30 Dec 2009 08:14:57 683 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    =D
  • Vice.Destroyer 30 Dec 2009 08:24:04 5,796 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey, this promotion is legit. Poor Kuzad.
  • Phreedh 30 Dec 2009 08:38:19 683 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    While it IS legit, he joined just to post that. He also failed to mention that he will also get 500 points. =)

I'd prefer if I could be everyone's ambassador - what with my long and faithful service and many worthwhile contributions to this fine community.

Yes...
  • kentmonkey 30 Dec 2009 08:44:33 20,099 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He only gets one set of points though. Which if he has already got, means that he won't get anymore. So he could actually be doing this to be nice. But let's think the worst of him from the off shall we, I'm sure he'll then love to stay around and contribute to the forum.
  • whizzard 30 Dec 2009 08:55:05 44 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Both Ambassador and Person Who Was Helped get 500 points. Can also be the person who was helped and then go on to become an ambassador. Wasn't aware that it was a time limited promotion and interested in where he's pulling his expiry date info from.
  • redcrayon 30 Dec 2009 08:55:22 4,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Seems reasonable enough. If you don't already have a mate claiming points to be your 'ambassador', (and they will have let you know!) then you might as well get them off Kuzad.
  • Phreedh 30 Dec 2009 08:58:14 683 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, really? I thought it was 500 pts per person you were connected to. I don't care much though, as I usually can't be arsed to take advantage of promotions like these.
  • whizzard 30 Dec 2009 09:00:16 44 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, its 500 points per time. Can be an Ambassador up to 20 times.
  • whizzard 5 Jan 2010 15:25:17 44 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hit 20 connections yesterday, according to the confirmation screen only the 143rd platinum member in the world which I find a bit hard to believe. Now get to download all NES, SNES and N64 titles from Virtual Console for gratis.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2010 15:47:11
    or just use an emulator
  • rudedudejude 5 Jan 2010 16:21:16 2,104 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    shame when the next ninty console come out you won't be able to transfer all your downloaded content over as it's saved locally to the machine and not linked to the account.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2010 16:34:37
    the pragmatist might just leave the old one plugged in.

it's not like anything else needs the scart port!
  • Der_tolle_Emil 5 Jan 2010 18:25:28 7,294 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    frod_ wrote:
    the pragmatist might just leave the old one plugged in.

it's not like anything else needs the scart port!

My Dreamcast!
  • Dan234 6 Jan 2010 09:21:36 2,232 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was going to set up my parents' Wii and do the ambassador connection thing, but it told me that you had to live in the same country. I live in the same continent FFS.

It's like Nintendo spend their days making up new ways of region locking.
  • Nintendoftw 7 Jan 2010 22:22:51 2 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 7 January 2010 22:30:27
    Nintendoftw wrote:
    Allow me to explain how you can receive 500 Wii Points each other, with the new Nintendo "Connection Ambassador Promotion"! Nintendo introduced this promotion not too long ago, you can get a free downloadable game with the free points, takes only 5 mins.

(If you in Europe but not in the UK, and you would like to do this promotion, let me now via PM and I will give you further details)

First, start the Wii Shop Channel on your Wii console (there should a connection ambassador button, press that).

1. On the Connection Ambassador Menu, select PERSON WHO WAS HELPED.

2. Enter my Wii Number 4053-4019-7424-8561, then select OK.

3. Complete the brief questionnaire that is displayed (I'm age 20-29) and select OK to finish.

4. After that, send me a private message with your Wii Number or post it here. The Wii number is found by going on the start menu of the wii (where all the channels are) and press the wii message board button (the button has an envelope on it), then make message then address book.

5. I'll enter your Wii Number and we will receive 500 Wii Points each.

Thanks.

Also I will offer a free downloadable game to anybody who does this with me, just make sure you ask :)

Evidence: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2009/nintendo_launches_connection_ambassador_promotion_14834.html

How about I offer you a free download to the land of swivel on my face.
  • Luckyjim 8 Jan 2010 10:59:33 2,832 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendoftw wrote:
    You must live in the UK for this.

Allow me to explain how you can receive 500 Wii Points each other, with the new Nintendo "Connection Ambassador Promotion"! Nintendo introduced this promotion not too long ago, you can get a free downloadable game with the free points, takes only 5 mins.

(If you in Europe but not in the UK, and you would like to do this promotion, let me now via PM and I will give you further details)

First, start the Wii Shop Channel on your Wii console (there should a connection ambassador button, press that).

1. On the Connection Ambassador Menu, select PERSON WHO WAS HELPED.

2. Enter my Wii Number 4053-4019-7424-8561, then select OK.

3. Complete the brief questionnaire that is displayed (I'm age 20-29) and select OK to finish.

4. After that, send me a private message with your Wii Number or post it here. The Wii number is found by going on the start menu of the wii (where all the channels are) and press the wii message board button (the button has an envelope on it), then make message then address book.

5. I'll enter your Wii Number and we will receive 500 Wii Points each.

Thanks.

Also I will offer a free downloadable game to anybody who does this with me, just make sure you ask :)

Evidence: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2009/nintendo_launches_connection_ambassador_promotion_14834.html

Surely you're preaching to the converted here. You should try the WI or something similar.

/possibly the first ever link to the WI on Eurogamer \o/
  • Rufus 8 Jan 2010 21:36:36 1,747 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    shame when the next ninty console come out you won't be able to transfer all your downloaded content over as it's saved locally to the machine and not linked to the account.

Yes, it is. Whenever you download a game it shows up on your account on Nintendo's website (for example you can claim club nintendo stars for every download you make). Plus, if you delete a game or if it needs updating (like some games needed to be updated to support the component interlace mode) you can download the game again at no extra cost as it remembers your account. It still maybe the case you cannot transfer it on a later machine, but downloads ARE linked to your account.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2010 21:38:33
    Rufus wrote:
    Adam_T wrote:

Yes, it is. Whenever you download a game it shows up on your account on Nintendo's website (for example you can claim club nintendo stars for every download you make). Plus, if you delete a game or if it needs updating (like some games needed to be updated to support the component interlace mode) you can download the game again at no extra cost as it remembers your account. It still maybe the case you cannot transfer it on a later machine, but downloads ARE linked to your account.

you're not required to have a club nintendo account to download items on the Wii

and

it remembers your Wii when you re-download, not your account.
  • Rufus 8 Jan 2010 21:53:29 1,747 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @frod_

Yes, you don't have to have an account to download the games, and it will remember your Wii, BUT if you have an account (which is what Adam_T seemed to be getting at) it will remember your account AND link the games to it.
  • Luckyjim 8 Jan 2010 21:54:47 2,832 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    frod_ wrote:
    Rufus wrote:
    Adam_T wrote:

you're not required to have a club nintendo account to download items on the Wii

and

it remembers your Wii when you re-download, not your account.

Spot on. I sold my first wii and, a year later, rebought one. Nintendo wouldn't let me redownload what I had on wii 1 'cos it's linked to the console - even though looking at my nintendo account there's a complete record of what I owned. I even emailed them and they said tough-titty.

Although, that doesn't necessarily mean that nintendo won't allow you to transfer to the wii's follow up. However, they are greedy bastards so I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Rufus 8 Jan 2010 22:01:34 1,747 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well if that's the case then I truly stand corrected, and offer apologies to Luckyjim, frod and Adam_T.
  • Luckyjim 8 Jan 2010 22:06:39 2,832 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd love it if I was wrong and I could get my games back but according to the rep I spoke to, they won't do it. Nintendo do make it hard to like them sometimes.
  • Oh-Bollox 8 Jan 2010 23:51:25 5,094 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I could have sworn there's an option to disassociate your Nintendo account from a Wii, the reverse of how you first link your Nintendo account and your Wii.

Doesn't this then mean you can link your account to another Wii? As long as the second isn't already linked to an account, of course.
  • Dan234 9 Jan 2010 15:51:13 2,232 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's really the Wii that holds the data that matters, that's why they couldn't share Wii and DSi points in one account.

Formatting the shop account is just a way of getting you to delete all your downloaded games permanently before selling the console on to someone.

If you link your shop account to an e-mail address on Club Nintendo, that Club Nintendo account gets points when you buy stuff in the shop and you can exchange stars for points, but that's as far as it goes.

If Nintendo give you a replacement console it looks like your new console accesses the old shop account, but what they've really done is copy your old shop account's download history to the new one and generate new download tickets on the new Wii from your old shop account's download history.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next