Android App and Game Review Thread Page 88

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• crimpy 16 May 2014 23:40:57 60 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @YenRug Ideal, i just got sorcery as well :)There's quite a few games that give you back coins at the mo. football chairman gives you 150 back and puddle 39 i think. Just got Doomdarks revenge with the extra coins :)

Do you know what "nemesis" means?

• FWB 17 May 2014 00:37:55 44,838 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    War Agent. 5/10

Different take on resource management and interesting to watch, but it's pretty shallow. Not very difficult to play and once you start making money there really isn't much of a challenge. Perhaps the motivation is just achieving a higher score. If so then there might be some replay for you.
  • Alastair 19 May 2014 10:15:10 16,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    SimpleRockets is free on the play store today. Well worth a look if u fancy a mobile kerbal space program.
    SimpleRockets Free is what I got, is that what you meant? 'Cos the paid version was still costing on the day you posted this.

Anyway, I like it. A good game that makes you think a bit. And I've learnt a bit about rocketry and orbiting. :)
  • andyc1980 19 May 2014 11:32:09 1,175 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Alastair yeah Mr garrison had to put a free version up with full content instead of changing the price. God knows why, but yeah it's a great little game.
  • Jono62 21 May 2014 19:34:28 14,197 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/apk-chrome-35-0-1916-122-brings-undo-tab-close-and-better-fullscreen-video-out-of-beta/

New Chrome APK.
  • BinaryBob101 21 May 2014 22:05:35 23,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Undo Tab Close is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Monument Valley looks bloody lovely.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• crashVoodoo 24 May 2014 14:01:41 3,962 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Monument Valley does look good but 2.49 for about an hours gameplay isn't worth it to me. I'm hoping that it gets more levels or I'll wait till it's reduced in price.

The game I'm currently playing to death is Tiny Dice Dungeon - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kongregate.mobile.tinydicedungeon.google

I'm addicted to grinding away on it

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• sanctusmortis 26 May 2014 18:49:40 9,647 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, anyone else tried Trials Frontier on Android yet? Because I'm having a super bad time with it. The accelerate button cuts out every so often - I simply can't get it to work after some jumps. Horrendously annoying when I have a "get silver zero faults" mission (first one with new bike).

Generally, though? Game is just Moto Heroes re-skinned with bikes and added micro-transaction bullshit.
  • Bremenacht 26 May 2014 19:04:51 18,719 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    The Room 2 is a bit good isn't it?
    Finished it today. I thought it was very good. Is first version as good?
  • Murbal 26 May 2014 19:41:49 22,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Bremenacht I've not played 2 but recently finished the first one; thought it was excellent.
  • Bremenacht 26 May 2014 22:34:54 18,719 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/

Think I might try that then. Or do I wait in hope of a tasty Humble Bundle..?
  • Tonka 27 May 2014 12:30:32 20,777 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think it already was in a Humble Bundle. I played the first one and really really enjoyed it.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• YenRug 27 May 2014 13:53:16 2,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, The Room and The Room Two have both been in Humble Bundle already, just checked the app on my phone and both on there.
  • robthehermit 27 May 2014 14:12:48 4,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    The Room 2 is a bit good isn't it?
    Finished it today. I thought it was very good. Is first version as good?
    I found the second one a lot easier than the first.

Trials is a lot of fun. The micro transactions range from a few pence to 70. But I haven't felt that I need to purchase anything. Sure, you run out of fuel quite quickly, but after 30 minutes or so, you're good to go again. Handling it's very floaty and nowhere near as slick or precise as Fusion. As had been said above, it's basically a reskinned Motoheroz. Enjoying the mission based structure though, and can't help but feel that they need to add this to the main game. Worth a download for a mobile trials game that isn't really like trials. Works out quite nicely for me, play this till I run out of petrol, switch over to marvel puzzle quest until all my characters are dead, then switch back to this with a full fuel allowance.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• sickpuppysoftware 27 May 2014 16:08:59 1,335 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    The accelerate button cuts out every so often - I simply can't get it to work after some jumps.
    I get that because it's right next to my hardware menu button. It doesn't stutter but I can feel the haptic feedback. Yours might be doing the same.

I'm not sure if you can move the buttons at all as I haven't looked yet.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• TheCrane 27 May 2014 16:25:06 104 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This may be old news to everyone else, but Word Lens is an extremely impressive AR text translation app. It usually translates things hilariously badly, but the effect of seeing the new text appear in the same font in real-time is remarkable.
  • BinaryBob101 28 May 2014 17:27:09 23,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, Monument Valley may be a pretty short-lived experience at 2.49, but for me it's the first game on tablets that's a bona fide classic. Utterly beautiful artwork and soundtrack that justifies the price alone, imo, and a "story" that's quite moving in a way.

These guys really deserve to be supported and there are more levels coming in the near future.

BUY IT YOU HEATHENS!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• faux-C 28 May 2014 21:09:09 9,441 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So anyone else noticed that the Facebook app now won't let you read or send messages and forces you to download some weird pseudo-whatsapp thing called Messenger? Messenger then seems to be incredibly naggy and intrusive.

Whatever they're trying to achieve they've failed with me - I've just uninstalled both the FB app and messenger and gone back to the website.

I'm sure they'll be crying themselves to sleep now.

/rant over
  • wobbly_Bob 28 May 2014 21:41:08 1,823 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @faux_carnation yeah it's Fucking awful. I'm gonna tell people to msg me in over whatsapp instead.
  • monkehhh 28 May 2014 21:46:25 3,425 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Until they close WhatsApp and fold it in to Messenger. FRAUD ACTIONS.
  • BinaryBob101 28 May 2014 22:11:55 23,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's been like that for ages.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• TheDarkKnight 29 May 2014 08:27:54 695 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Did Facebook buy Whatsapp? I vaguely remember something about it. I find the Messenger app ok. Initially I thought the same thing, why do I need this? But it's quick and easy so I kind of like it.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• StixxUK 29 May 2014 13:52:12 7,263 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just a warning -

Skulls of the Shogun is in the latest Humble Bundle, but a lot of people are having major issues with it on Android.

Like, for me I can't get past the title screen. I've heard of others with the same issue and others.

Doesn't sound like it was ready for release, seems an odd way of doing things!
  • mikew1985 29 May 2014 15:57:22 12,888 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They've had a few "Android debuts" over the last year or two (the room was one) and I suppose this is the potential side effect.
  • StixxUK 4 Jun 2014 12:56:04 7,263 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In better news, 2 updates later and it's pretty playable.

The first update fixed the bug that made it next to impossible to play (although you could get around this by starting a game on a PC, then continuing it via "skulls anywhere".

Second update has zoomed in a bit and increased text size I think.
  • megastar 6 Jun 2014 16:24:05 17,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hi, I understand there are apps available to stream media on your phone to a smart TV, but is there one that will let me stream Sky Sports Mobile to a Smart TV?

I am fucking clueless and google didn't help much.
  • BinaryBob101 7 Jun 2014 02:03:02 23,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You need a Chromecast mate. 30 stick it in your HDMI and spunk-covered joy will happen.

Srsly.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• megastar 7 Jun 2014 18:12:25 17,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    30 notes though? Was expecting there to be an app available for around maybe a fiver lol..
  • TheBlackDog 7 Jun 2014 21:07:21 408 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @megastar try flipps, bubble upnp, allcast, twonky beam or one of those type apps. They may stream that service to a smart tv, xbox, ps3, etc. The chromecast is needed if you haven't got anything "smart" to stream to, but it is compatible with more and more services as time goes on too. But you might get lucky with one of those apps.
  • megastar 7 Jun 2014 21:18:47 17,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks BD, i will defo look into those and report back
  • Page

of 95 First / Last