Android App and Game Review Thread Page 80

• Page

of 91 First / Last

• TVoJ 15 Oct 2013 21:53:56 1,762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Murbal

Cheers blud. I'll have a go requesting one mind and hand it over to someone should I get it. :)
  • crashVoodoo 15 Oct 2013 23:25:43 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've had themer a while now but I've already dropped it in favour of action launcher. Its good and some of the themes are stylistically Brilliant it just isn't themed for me which is where I think it falls over

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• crashVoodoo 15 Oct 2013 23:27:53 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I giving SwiftKey a go with the free month trial and so far is bloody awesome :-)

• PenguinJim 16 Oct 2013 02:42:53 5,767 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Humble Bundle for Android 7. It was 4 to BTA just now! o_O (I did it anyway)
  • Deleted user 17 October 2013 10:59:00
    Would you like to PATA-PATA-PATA-PON again?
    Patapon Siege of WOW on Google Play Store. Seems to be free too.

EDIT: Just read the app permissions: "Directly call phone numbers"?

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 11:13:47 17-10-2013
  • YenRug 18 Oct 2013 00:37:31 2,031 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tiny Thief is today's freebie on Amazon App Store, unfortunately already bought it on Google Play, but thought I'd post in case anyone else hasn't got it yet.
  • Tonka 18 Oct 2013 07:37:55 20,026 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finally got around to sorting the Amazon App Store out on my phone. Do they have a free app each day then?Are they usually good?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Spectral 18 Oct 2013 07:44:00 4,970 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah its a free app each day. The quality varies although thats down to personal taste too. Its not always a game.
  • crashVoodoo 19 Oct 2013 01:05:24 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dungeon keeper is coming to a tablet near you soon all jazzed up with all the modern accoutrements like HD graphics and micro transactions :-\

As I've read more about it it seems like old news but only turned up in a feed this morning.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:07:12 19-10-2013

• crashVoodoo 19 Oct 2013 01:10:58 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    play link

Ruined by IAP micro transactions, for shame EA

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:15:23 19-10-2013

• Mr-Brett 19 Oct 2013 01:31:45 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They wouldn't be EA if they didn't continue to shit on classic Bullfrog games.

Portable view - Never forget.

• YenRug 19 Oct 2013 02:24:30 2,031 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Same as the Dragon Age game:

This item can not be installed in your device's country.
  • eleven63 23 Oct 2013 23:49:53 1,601 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Brilliant, check out the reviews of the new (official) BBM app on the play store, note anything suspicious?

Sorry could get the link thing to work, it's late...

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• PenguinJim 24 Oct 2013 01:20:39 5,767 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks fine to me, and thank you Blackberry team for finally releasing it! Three cheers for the Blackberry team!
  • eleven63 24 Oct 2013 17:54:11 1,601 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @PenguinJim They have cleaned some of it up, but BlackBerry and Google were investigating, at the time I looked, why all the reviews said -

"Thank you so much Blackberry team. I was waiting this app. It's really great user friendly & smooth"

And some are still there - suspicions are that BB bought the services of a 'review' company, these guys then just spammed the review section...

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• PenguinJim 25 Oct 2013 01:40:08 5,767 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awww, they just cleaned it up! It was still like that about ten hours ago. Funny stuff. Some of the reviews were odd, though, like "LOL all the reviews are the same! Thank you so much Blackberry team. I was waiting this app. It's really great user friendly & smooth". As if the review company was using actual reviews and putting their message on the end. Thank you so much Blackberry team. I was waiting this app. It's really great user friendly & smooth.

And not all of the "Blackberry team" reviews gave it 5 stars, either - lots of threes and fours and a couple of twos and ones, probably so as not to be caught by tracking software. Thank you so much Blackberry team. I was waiting this app. It's really great user friendly & smooth.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Oct 2013 01:48:13 7,003 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maybe they just all agree!
  • PenguinJim 25 Oct 2013 05:32:21 5,767 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Walking Dead: Assault is discounted for Halloween. I'm not sure of the poundy price, about 50p?

I own this one! It seems OK at first, but once you get to know the mechanics and levels it's just about "good". Yes. "Good".

I've spent a million hours on Knights of Pen & Paper +1 in the past week, by the way, so definitely grab that one the next time it's on sale.

(My opinions are based on playing these on a Note 2, just using my fingers)
  • Tonka 25 Oct 2013 06:47:56 20,026 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cover looks nice. A souped up lock screen launcher. At the moment I'm using dash clock widget and really liking it, but Cover looks like it could be more useful.

Not as intrusive as Aviate either. A friend has that and it takes over the entire phone. If anyones interested in Aviate I might be able to get an invite from him btw. It looks nice and everything, it's just that my most used app at work is Kindle not Evernote.

• Tonka 26 Oct 2013 20:04:50 20,026 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Plants vs Zombies 2 supposed to be free or is that just now? Don't tell me, it's a pay to win right?

• monkehhh 26 Oct 2013 20:13:25 3,278 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tonka It's free to play, yep.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Oct 2013 23:05:13 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Is Plants vs Zombies 2 supposed to be free or is that just now? Don't tell me, it's a pay to win right?
    its free to play and although there are a fuckton of IAPs they are not actually required. I must've played it for about 6 hours today and its quite bloody good, although the keys (more on this below) are thin on the ground.

The map is laid out with a direct patch from A-B with X amount of stages in between. Once you get to B a stargate appears and you have to replay the various stages to complete challenges to get stars to warp to the next world.

the direct patch from A-B has gated paths leading off with 'goodies' on them like different plants/power ups etc and require keys or 1.49 to unlock.

To play the game start to end requires no IAPs but may require some replays due to some of the 'challenges' being a bit or a stretch eg. earn 2000+ sunpower in a level whilst also kicking ass.

all in all though, enjoyable for nowt

• Mr-Brett 26 Oct 2013 23:22:08 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like aviate, it's simple but functional. It organises things in a practical way so with only a few 'pages' you can quickly access everything. It has context features too which don't do much for me because I work from home but are still cool.

I tried Themer and while there's some really nice themes, I didn't get one with it. The themes are great if they fit your exact needs but if not things quickly get messy. The themes I tried weren't particularly customisable and often used bespoke icons, so it kinda broke the theme if you changed apps around.

• richardiox 26 Oct 2013 23:34:19 5,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else playing Star Command. Seems pretty cool after an hour or so, like an isometric touch based FTL.
  • monkehhh 26 Oct 2013 23:37:31 3,278 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aviate isn't as clever as it thinks it is (at all, it's super dumb).. but I like the way it make my phone look. Think I can invite 5 people - PM me your email address if you wanna try it, hopefully they'll be instant invites.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Oct 2013 23:50:28 3,853 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    i was all set to PM you but like Themer I think I'd get fed up of it straight which is unfair on somebody else who might genuinely like it.

I still like stock launcher

• Mr-Brett 27 Oct 2013 00:12:08 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Aviate isn't as clever as it thinks it is (at all, it's super dumb).. but I like the way it make my phone look. Think I can invite 5 people - PM me your email address if you wanna try it, hopefully they'll be instant invites.
    True, the context and app collections often miss the mark a bit and don't seem to learn from your behaviour which seems like a missed opportunity.

• monkehhh 27 Oct 2013 00:20:12 3,278 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder if things like this (Aviate, Google Now, etc) should stop trying to be so intelligent and actually expose some options to the users. Aviate has one option - light or dark theme. Let me fire up the map and say where home / work / something of interest is. Stop showing me travel information for trains when I always get buses.

I do like Aviate's routine idea though, when it's getting late it has the set alarm and do not disturb buttons ready on my home screen / when I'm getting up it shows me the weather and my calendar.
  • Tonka 27 Oct 2013 05:59:35 20,026 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @crashVoodoo great summary, cheers. I played it for a bit and really liked it. I remember playing PvZ 1 and there being some kind of pay wall. This sounds much better.

• Murbal 28 Oct 2013 10:49:46 21,947 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dads! Especially dads with daughters!

Build a Bear Valley

Couple of quid for what is essentially a freemium style game (creating bears, levelling up, completing tasks, buying clothes, earning currency) with NO IAPS. All you'll ever pay. Bought it for my eldest at her request to play on her new tablet (Nook HD - birthday present!) and she loves it. Kept my 5 year old quiet just sat watching too.
  • Page

of 91 First / Last