Android App and Game Review Thread Page 69

• Page

of 101 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 11 Apr 2013 07:15:09 1,898 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    10000000 - anyone else playing this? Its a brilliant mix of matching and RPG all in a retro style.
    Got this after reading it here and liking the sound of it but it's not for me. I just can't get into it. It's far too random and feels like luck all the time. It's a no from me :)
  • YenRug 12 Apr 2013 23:15:43 2,438 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone tried Epoch? Just nabbed it at 68p (99c down from $4.99), don't know what the UK price was beforehand.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uppercut_games.epoch
  • cubbymoore 15 Apr 2013 00:43:55 36,504 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Has anyone got a clue why there's so many bizarre reviews for Adobe AIR on the play store? I was kind of hoping the reviews might shed some light on what the app does, but they all read like there's some sort of in joke going on.

Most of them seem to go along the lines of "I was blind before I installed Air, but now I can see into the future, it's that good!"
  • caligari 15 Apr 2013 02:05:49 17,194 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Unified Remote has been reduced to 90p.

There are probably free apps that do an equally good job, but I've found UR easy to use and very snappy.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Apr 2013 02:22:08 8,275 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    God damnit, when does Final Fantasy Tactics come out in English. It's been two months since the Japan release ;_;
  • Dougs 15 Apr 2013 09:35:54 69,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Big thanks to mrpon for recommending sideloading the IheartRadio app. It's fantastic.
  • mrpon 15 Apr 2013 10:13:27 29,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/ used it this morning during the shave, love it.

Don't forget, long press on a station to add it to your favourites.

Edited by mrpon at 10:19:27 15-04-2013

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Dougs 15 Apr 2013 10:33:39 69,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've not compared it to Last.FM recently, but my previous experience of Last FM wasn't great. They didn't seem to have a great deal of artists. That might have improved, but IheartRadio seems to include anything and everything
  • TVoJ 15 Apr 2013 10:37:48 2,040 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Unified Remote has been reduced to 90p.

There are probably free apps that do an equally good job, but I've found UR easy to use and very snappy.
    +1 for UR, its fantastic!
  • magicpanda 17 Apr 2013 13:39:34 13,480 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's the best bookreader for .mobi files?
  • BeheretiK 17 Apr 2013 13:48:33 884 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure about all the options out there but I actually use the Kindle app for reading .mobi files. Copy the .mobi files to the Kindle directory, open kindle, and the books should appear there. Works perfectly for my purposes and I have not had any reason to look for alternatives...

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• evilashchris 17 Apr 2013 13:53:37 7,154 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moon Reader is what I use.

Twitter: @COToole

• magicpanda 17 Apr 2013 14:56:18 13,480 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just tried Kindle and I can't seem to order books by author or title. I've got a shit load of books.

Will give moon reader a go.
  • BeheretiK 17 Apr 2013 15:00:16 884 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In that case, yes, it won't do what you want. I use Calibre to organize my library so when I want to read something I download it from my Calibre server, copy to Kindle and then delete when I am done.

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• crashVoodoo 17 Apr 2013 15:27:31 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    try aldiko

scratch that, doesn't do .mobi sorry

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:28:49 17-04-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• magicpanda 17 Apr 2013 15:46:02 13,480 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Moon Reader is the one. Good stuff!
  • Restart 17 Apr 2013 22:58:23 4,904 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else playing Tekken Card Tournament?

It's a surprisingly good card fighting game, where the cards relay into moves that your Tekken character uses as if you were playing it normally. It seems quite simple at first, but as you play more and get new cards with various effects it becomes a lot more tactical than first thought. Considering it's a free game that uses in–app purchases, it is also extremely generous in giving you coins and credits to buy or upgrade new cards.

They are apparently going to be releasing physical packs of cards which work with the game in the Summer, which also have QR codes and stuff on them that let you do other things. Not sure if you could play the card game with the physical cards though.
  • Tonka 18 Apr 2013 07:27:05 21,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for the tip. I got it and tried it just now. Nice quick variation of rock,paper, scissors. I haven't got any good cards and I chose to play as Lin Xiaoyu so it's pretty tough going.

But I like the bite sized portions of action and cunning. Brings me back to my days as a moderately good Tekken 3 player.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• coastal 18 Apr 2013 08:42:06 5,390 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes +1 for MoonReader.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• TVoJ 18 Apr 2013 09:30:50 2,040 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing "Lazors" atm. free and it's pretty good. First 6 or 7 are simple but then the difficulty curve spikes mentally!
  • Trowel 21 Apr 2013 16:11:51 18,055 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a few thousand photos to sort, are there any apps that can make this easy?
  • crashVoodoo 22 Apr 2013 17:23:18 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This fremium shit is starting to piss me off.  Why can't they just offer a complete game for cash rather than gimping it forcing people to pay up if they want to play.

• Blaketown 22 Apr 2013 17:25:24 4,953 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No one buys them.

I would love it if they gave you both options but Freemium is currently the only way to make any money.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• PenguinJim 23 Apr 2013 01:34:46 6,010 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kemco sale!

I've never played any of them!

I'm just going to quote a Reddit user!

"Symphony of the Origin and Symphony of the Eternity are both pretty solid. I've heard good things about Eve of the Genesis and Aeon Avenger as well, but I haven't yet played them. Dark Gate and Grinsia were painfully boring IMO. Alphadia seemed really cool at first, but it's so easy that it makes it impossible to enjoy."

Symphony of the Origin looks to be about 67p in this sale? (Converting from my local currency)

Edit: wow, there's a real link and stuff: http://www.kemco-games.com/global/press_release/sale_a_apr13.html

Edit again: cheap Alien Breed! (50p?)

Edited by PenguinJim at 02:00:51 23-04-2013
  • Tonka 23 Apr 2013 06:32:33 21,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    This fremium shit is starting to piss me off.  Why can't they just offer a complete game for cash rather than gimping it forcing people to pay up if they want to play.
    I heartily agree. To make matters worse I've now become so spoiled that if a game/app is more than 2USDs I have to really think about it before I pay up.

Which of course is utterly ridiculous.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 23 April 2013 07:06:18
    I think I'm in my own camp here actually liking most Freemium apps. I love the fact that I can play a great game for free. 2 examples recently are Radiant Defence and Real Racing 3. Am I alone in not thinking "Oh no, I NEED that car right now to complete this game". What? I have to actually play my way through it instead? Oh...ok. I've put about 30+ hours into RR3 and am probably about 6% complete, and yet, if I would have bought cars/add ons etc, then I would have finished it already. Erm....Hello? McFly!? It's a no brainer for me. More fun, longer lasting game, or pay to have it ruined for me in a few hours. Mmmmm? Also, being a bit of a tower defense fan and reading people saying "You can't beat it unless you buy the tower packs" on Radiant Defence made the whole game a joy to play. Tough, really tough, but a lot of retrying, head scratching and strategy got me through it, and it honestly made the game for me. It was like a red rag to a bull. Most titles you have no need whatsoever to buy anything to finish, you just have to put more gaming time or thought into it. And I fail to see exactly when (in my life) that this will become a problem.
    Just my thoughts....
  • StixxUK 23 Apr 2013 11:59:46 7,290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just upgraded to Jelly Bean on my S2. Not sure if I like it yet. The main difference seems to be the default font. Doesn't feel any faster which was supposed to be one of the main draws (project butter).
  • Murbs 23 Apr 2013 12:05:26 22,586 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My S2 seems to take about 3 times as long to shut down now I've upgraded.
  • BinaryBob101 23 Apr 2013 13:47:12 24,418 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasn't Project Butter really meant for the Nexus 7?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• crashVoodoo 23 Apr 2013 13:54:39 4,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nipples wrote:
    I think I'm in my own camp here actually liking most Freemium apps. I love the fact that I can play a great game for free. 2 examples recently are Radiant Defence and Real Racing 3. Am I alone in not thinking "Oh no, I NEED that car right now to complete this game". What? I have to actually play my way through it instead? Oh...ok. I've put about 30+ hours into RR3 and am probably about 6% complete, and yet, if I would have bought cars/add ons etc, then I would have finished it already. Erm....Hello? McFly!? It's a no brainer for me. More fun, longer lasting game, or pay to have it ruined for me in a few hours. Mmmmm? Also, being a bit of a tower defense fan and reading people saying "You can't beat it unless you buy the tower packs" on Radiant Defence made the whole game a joy to play. Tough, really tough, but a lot of retrying, head scratching and strategy got me through it, and it honestly made the game for me. It was like a red rag to a bull. Most titles you have no need whatsoever to buy anything to finish, you just have to put more gaming time or thought into it. And I fail to see exactly when (in my life) that this will become a problem.
    Just my thoughts....
    I'm referring more to games like townsmen or some other RPGs that seem to be engineered around scamming you.  Townsmen for example has just been updated and with a view to ripping people off.

Started playing more emulated games now.  Zelda on SNES with my sixaxis

• Page

of 101 First / Last