Renting Games from LoveFilm Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• andywilkie35 12 Jan 2012 17:11:04 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I changed my package to take out games the other day. 6 months and only having games in the "high priority" part (and they weren't even highly sought after games), never received a single one.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Gruff 12 Jan 2012 17:13:54 2,850 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In the 2nd month of a two month trial and only had two games on the list both marked as high priority Arkham City and Dark Souls, everything else is marked medium or Low

They just sent me Dark souls

/is happy

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Phattso Moderator 12 Jan 2012 17:17:58 13,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Must be because they're sending 'em all to me. Although admittedly I have almost exclusively games in there, and very few movies, so no great surprise.
  • Gruff 12 Jan 2012 17:31:19 2,850 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Their not getting Dark Souls back for a while, gonna Hog it :)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 12 January 2012 18:06:11
    Renting games doesn't work for me.
    If I like it, I want to buy it anyway.
    If I don't like it, I feel somewhat obliged to play it anyway.
  • Bremenacht 12 Jan 2012 18:16:33 17,687 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had Dark Souls out via Lovefilm (better wipe that disk carefully, btw - it was an accident) played two hours, got spanked repeatedly by the first boss, decided I liked it and sent it back the same day.

That's one reason why Lovefilm works for me. The games which are good but have limited or no replay value or longevity can be whizzed through and sent back. AC:Rev has been and gone. UC3 is fantastic, but when it's done it's done. Dark souls on the other hand will last an age (based on my skill level..) so it's worth trying it to be sure, but then sending back until the sub is done (and the retail copies are cheap).
  • Syrette 24 Feb 2012 14:08:20 43,232 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lovefilm have been amazing for me recently.

The Darkness 2, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Syndicate have all been delivered on release day.

• fletch7100 24 Feb 2012 14:19:43 7,127 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just got bully and syndicate this morning so an happy with service so far
  • richarddavies 3 Apr 2012 13:23:01 2,624 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lovefilm have ballsed up with me. They were sending me the Silent hill HD collection for the 360 before the weekend but when it turned up they'd put Silent hill: Downpour in the sleeve for the HD collection. I thought sod it I'll play it as it was on my list anyway. Checked Lovefilms website yesterday and they'd changed the Hd collection on my discs at home list to Downpour so I just assumed they'd realized there mistake but this morning a second copy of Downpour has turned up in the post but I now only have one copy on my list. If I wasn't a more honest bastard I could well have em over with this. Pretty mongy though.
  • dutchspeededup 3 Apr 2012 13:30:20 4,387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got Goldeneye on 360. Newest game I've ever received. Sadly it was encrusted with what looked like coke. Unreadable.

Doing lines off of a 360 disc... is odd.
  • SilentTristero 4 Apr 2012 00:44:29 291 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Might as well mention that Lovefilm's been great for me in terms of games. Had it almost a year on the same 4 per month/2 at a time package. I have a list for Games and a list for Blurays, set to guarantee 2 of each a month. If it's a longer game, I maybe switch it to 3 Blurays.

Make sure you time your returns if you want something new to be dispatched the night before release, and you've got a good chance of receiving brand new games on Day 1. I didn't get FIFA 12 immediately, and I imagine stuff like COD would be a long shot as well, but...

And, in true supportive anecdotal fashion, the one single disc I've had a fault with was replaced the very next day, and I was also bumped up an extra disc allowance for the month - not inclusive of the faulty disc, obviously.

Hurray!
  • Phattso Moderator 4 Apr 2012 00:50:30 13,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've been great for me this past six months or so. I got Mass Effect 3 on launch most recently, which I was well impressed with. Also got a good number of 3DS and Vita games as they were released, which has frankly saved me a fortune on "oooh, shiny!" purchases of what have turned out to be shite games. :)
  • chasejamie 4 Apr 2012 01:59:36 814 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got Racoon City and Kinect Star Wars today. After I got rid of some old games that were clogging up my list. Most of the titles on my list are now mostly recent releases.
  • onegoodman 4 Apr 2012 15:07:50 36 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Here is a 2 months free code, for £30 credit value, for any wanting to try out love film.

MFK3TFQ4K

Expires April 20th
  • Razz 4 Apr 2012 15:15:52 60,997 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have had Skyrim from Lovefilm for 6 months lol. I'm a fucking tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Bremenacht 4 Apr 2012 18:19:10 17,687 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh. I think the only games I completed off Lovefilm were MW3, Uncharted 3 and Deus Ex - everything else was a taster. Two hours of Dark Souls convinced me to send it back the same day and buy it later.
  • dutchspeededup 6 Apr 2012 13:29:19 4,387 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I mentioned a couple of days ago that I received a faulty copy of Goldeneye on 360 from LoveFilm.

Well, in the interests of balance I should say that, having emailed them, I today received a fresh copy and an extra disc.

Good customer service.
  • gammonbanter 15 Apr 2012 12:30:31 1,495 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, so no more renting games on the next gen consoles then. We have about two years to make the most of this service.

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Darth_Flibble 15 Apr 2012 13:12:00 1,653 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The service has improved a lot, streaming service is a lot better since netflix forced them to improve. Also I tend to get games day 1, the only recent fuck up was like richarddavies I got 2 copies of downpour instead of HD collection & downpour. Phoned up to complain as the hd collection was removed from my at home titles then they sent devil may collection on ps3 (like I wanted but they also sent DMC collection on 360 to replace SH collection when the DMC collection on 360 was not on my list! Ended up with more extra rentals
  • onegoodman 9 May 2012 18:09:24 36 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another 2 month free trial code for new members, worth up to £29.

877CMWFAB

Expires 30/09/2012.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 15:06:54
    I've never had a problem with renting games form LoveFilm until now. My next 2 titles have been 3 working days late and titles are meant to be sent the next working day after they receive the last one. I sent an email and I was told to wait another working day so they can confirm they have the last 2 games I sent back.

Fucking dicks. They did reply on the same day though. Which was nice.
  • GeezaTap 2 Jan 2013 15:14:03 289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Festive period post surely?

I currently have Rayman Origins, Captain America (both PS3) and Real Steel from them. They're pretty good, but I tend to cancel and re-join a lot due to time commitments.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 15:19:47
    @GeezaTap That's what I thought but they were sent after the Christmas holidays and before New Years and I've been 'awaiting dispatch' for awhile now.
  • thefilthandthefury 18 Jun 2013 19:32:59 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So how is this at the moment? I'm thinking of going for a LoveFilm package as I can get DVDs, streaming AND games (and can cancel my Sky TV). Is there a better rental option for games?
  • Syrette 18 Jun 2013 19:34:07 43,232 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No.

They're amazing, and get 99% of new releases to me on release day.

Best value for money package in gaming.

• Deckard1 18 Jun 2013 19:35:58 27,584 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't know you rented games?

Hush you ponce

• thefilthandthefury 18 Jun 2013 19:41:40 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    No.

They're amazing, and get 99% of new releases to me on release day.

Best value for money package in gaming.
    Ah, brilliant, good to hear!

I've gotten to the point now where I think this is the most sensible option for me. 90% of my games I play once, then stuff in a drawer for a few years.
  • daz_john_smith 2 Jul 2013 08:18:49 1,636 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rumour has it they're stopping game rentals:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/1/4484920/lovefilm-no-longer-offering-game-rentals-to-new-customers
  • Deleted user 2 July 2013 08:23:26
    I hope they don't, it's the only reason I still really use lovefilm.
  • Benno 2 Jul 2013 08:38:05 9,821 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have used LoveFilm rental for ages. They aren't so great with new releases in my experience, for example I put Last of Us on there about 6 months ago, and it was the only thing on my list. They still haven't sent me it, so I just bought it this weekend.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last