The Random Musings Thread

  • Page

    of 1172 First / Last

    Previous
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:15:57 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    for use whenever blizeH gets GI-ed - what did he do this time?

    Inclusion of ellipsis in thread title is used for comic effect rather than to annoy morriss.

    I would like to muse in a Travis-stylee as to why it starts to piss it down the very minute after my only chance of a lift home departs without me?

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • jerrymanu 14 Dec 2009 18:17:57 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    why can't I see the 'previous 30' button?
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:19:17 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because the original thread has gone as far as I can tell right now. I assumed because blizzy had got himself GI-ed again.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:20:14 4,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I would like to muse in a Travis-stylee as to why it starts to piss it down the very minute after my only chance of a lift home departs without me?

    Sods Law.
  • kalel 14 Dec 2009 18:20:20 83,840 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why do people struggle so with the difference between an ellipsis, and the plural - ellipses, and the subtleties of when to use 3 dots, and when to use 4?

    Totally random musing by the way, completely unrelated to this thread.
  • jerrymanu 14 Dec 2009 18:20:59 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, got ya, how very confusing. Possible title change to 'the other random musing thread...' perhaps?
  • Genji 14 Dec 2009 18:22:30 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Thread of Random Musing.
  • Salaman 14 Dec 2009 18:24:14 18,237 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The random musings thread not started by BlizeH?

    Ok I guess it needs work.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2009 18:24:59
    What did blize do?
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:26:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Why do people struggle so with the difference between an ellipsis, and the plural - ellipses, and the subtleties of when to use 3 dots, and when to use 4?

    Totally random musing by the way, completely unrelated to this thread.

    I'm just a really bad typist.

    I figured that when the other thread was back along with its author, people would just use that. For other occasions such as this then there is at least a backup musing thread to capture stray thoughts. In the meantime, I am at work and therefore full of random musing, so I assumed others might be.

    I actually originally wanted to muse on whether or not HoriZon kept his clothes in colour order.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Orange 14 Dec 2009 18:35:11 4,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just planning out a trip to NY for the Tribeca film festival end of april / early May. Anyone been to it before?
  • HoriZon 14 Dec 2009 18:35:43 13,461 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I actually originally wanted to muse on whether or not HoriZon kept his clothes in colour order.

    Well there in type of clothes then colour order :)

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:38:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm very jealous of you Orange. No, never been to the festival. NY is great though, thoroughly enjoyed my week there in October.

    HoriZon wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    I actually originally wanted to muse on whether or not HoriZon kept his clothes in colour order.

    Well there in type of clothes then colour order :)

    Quelle surprise :D

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:38:51 4,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wish I could actually organise anything into any sort of order.

    My clothes have a 'worn' pile and a 'need ironed' pile. The only time this changes is if Avril either moans at me enough to do it or gets tired of moaning at me and does it herself.

    Half the time I need to get my socks from my dogs bed as he seems to like commandeering them aswell.

    Sometimes results in a Benny Hill type-chase with my dog when I'm in a hurry and need my socks.
  • morriss 14 Dec 2009 18:40:48 70,748 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are we still doing threads....
  • HoriZon 14 Dec 2009 18:40:53 13,461 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I'm very jealous of you Orange. No, never been to the festival. NY is great though, thoroughly enjoyed my week there in October.

    HoriZon wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    I actually originally wanted to muse on whether or not HoriZon kept his clothes in colour order.

    Well there in type of clothes then colour order :)

    Quelle surprise :D

    I used to keep my DVD's in alphabet order years go, not any more tough now there in studio order :)

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • morriss 14 Dec 2009 18:41:28 70,748 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...where you have to click on it to get the fuller picture?

    Guidelines Rule no.1.

    It's not hard, ffs.
  • Salaman 14 Dec 2009 18:46:54 18,237 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it me or has morriss'es last 200 posts been typed in anger over people not posting onto the forum according to his increasingly OCD-seeming standards? :-)
  • Orange 14 Dec 2009 18:47:18 4,564 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    surely "random musing thread" is self explanatory.

    unless that is a random musing, in which case it's a bit ocd :p
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:48:25 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    ...where you have to click on it to get the fuller picture?

    Guidelines Rule no.1.

    It's not hard, ffs.

    As Orange said, you don't need to click on the thread to understand what it is about. The ellipsis is there simply to accent the randomness of musing. Not to annoy you - I even made the point of pointing that out, grumpypants.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • BabyJesus 14 Dec 2009 18:50:03 4,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I suppose you could call it the 'Going off on a tangent' Thread. If you wanted to be pedantic.
  • Salaman 14 Dec 2009 18:50:37 18,237 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    don't we have the "rant" thread for that?
  • Deleted user 14 December 2009 18:57:43
    Fucks sake. Just read that Dragons Age is being released on the mac. Having to log onto Windows 7 whenever I want to play it is really putting me off. Had no idea it was being ported, would have waited if so!
  • jerrymanu 14 Dec 2009 18:58:04 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    just re-read the OP and the comments relating to ellipsis etc. WTF? I have NO idea what thats all about. I though local had misspelled ellipses but was musing about thread titles in general.
  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 18:59:50 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ...

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • morriss 14 Dec 2009 19:00:03 70,748 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    surely "random musing thread" is self explanatory.

    unless that is a random musing, in which case it's a bit ocd :p
    Sure, So get rid of the "..."
  • Tomo 14 Dec 2009 19:00:50 13,835 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Fucks sake. Just read that Dragons Age is being released on the mac. Having to log onto Windows 7 whenever I want to play it is really putting me off. Had no idea it was being ported, would have waited if so!

    I play it on Boot Camp Windows 7 too. Tbh, in my experience Mac games I've tried have run really badly on the Mac side and better on Windows.
  • beastmaster 14 Dec 2009 19:01:06 10,172 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    Just planning out a trip to NY for the Tribeca film festival end of april / early May. Anyone been to it before?

    that sounds fantastic! I quite fancy the Toronto one. In fact, would like to do one a year in a different country.

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • localnotail 14 Dec 2009 19:01:37 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    surely "random musing thread" is self explanatory.

    unless that is a random musing, in which case it's a bit ocd :p
    Sure, So get rid of the "..."

    bah, you have no dramatic style.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Deleted user 14 December 2009 19:03:05
    Tomo wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Fucks sake. Just read that Dragons Age is being released on the mac. Having to log onto Windows 7 whenever I want to play it is really putting me off. Had no idea it was being ported, would have waited if so!

    I play it on Boot Camp Windows 7 too. Tbh, in my experience Mac games I've tried have run really badly on the Mac side and better on Windows.
    I've never actually played a mac ported game, so wouldn't know. Oh well, I'll just keep logging out. Need to get back into it again.
  • Page

    of 1172 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply