***OFFICIAL*** Batman Arkham Asylum 2 Page 4

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

  • Twin_snakes 25 Apr 2010 10:41:52 2,191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago

    Might miss 2010
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Apr 2010 10:49:49 15,388 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2011 would be better. Way too many great games still to come out this year anyway.

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Deleted user 25 April 2010 11:45:47
    Wow, I didn't know about this!

    Bring it on
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 4 May 2010 12:32:05 1,913 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally completed AA over the weekend (still need to get the Riddler challenges though). Just watched the trailer for the sequel - it does look as if they've moved the asylum into the city itself. I'm predicting a Begins-style island - like the Narrows - where the bridges get blown. So you've essentially got a small-scale, very contained "city", to play about with the open world aspect a little bit.

    Villain-wise, I think Two-Face has been confirmed. I'd like to see Penguin crop up, as well as Hush, Black Mask, and maybe Ra's (although it'd be good to save a few big guns for the innevitable threequel). My favourite Bat-villain at the moment is Professor Pyg from Batman & Robin, so it'd be nice if he cropped up, even if it's just as an in-joke or reference.

    I'd also LOVE for Robin or Nightwing to be in it, maybe as a co-op partner.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 4 May 2010 12:32:05 1,913 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Captain_Peach 22 Jul 2010 19:37:44 2,852 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did they really have to call it Arkham Asylum 2. I was really hoping for something in the same style but different storyline. Maybe just focusing mainly on one villian.

    I just hope it's not more of the same.
  • daz_john_smith 22 Jul 2010 21:55:56 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    Did they really have to call it Arkham Asylum 2. I was really hoping for something in the same style but different storyline. Maybe just focusing mainly on one villian.

    I just hope it's not more of the same.

    I could be wrong, but I don't think they've officially announced a name for this yet.

    ...unless something has been announced at Comicon
  • the_dudefather 22 Jul 2010 22:03:40 9,416 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There has been a bunch of rumoured names based on websites that have been registered, listed here

    Not really confirmation of names (probably covering bases, preparing 'fake' in universe webpages like they did for the first game or not related at all)

    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

  • morriss 22 Jul 2010 22:05:42 71,286 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd like the option to kill Robin or Nightwing. Or just get a 50-hit-combo-to-the-face Achievement.
  • trip919 22 Jul 2010 23:32:31 2,274 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Twin_snakes wrote:

    Might miss 2010

    I never thought for one second that this would be released this year.
  • Blerk Moderator 5 Aug 2010 14:15:16 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Now officially 'Batman: Arkham City'! \o/

    And not out until next autumn! /o\

    Edit: those covers are officially awesome!
  • King_Edward 5 Aug 2010 14:33:09 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dumb name.
  • Blerk Moderator 5 Aug 2010 14:35:09 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It feels like it doesn't need the word 'City' there.
  • King_Edward 5 Aug 2010 14:36:45 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah. It doesn't flow...or something. Obviously the game will now fail. :p
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 5 Aug 2010 14:37:37 1,913 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GTA: Arkham City? ;-)

    I wonder how open the world will be? Or if it'll just be one level in one street, one in another, etc...

    Either way, I can't wait, and an autumn 2011 release means I actually have time to work through my game backlog before it comes out!
  • king2001 5 Aug 2010 14:43:06 91 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's a really nice bit of artwork - you can't beat a bit of black and white
  • figgis 5 Aug 2010 14:43:24 7,381 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Realistic looking tits on Catwoman too.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 5 Aug 2010 14:49:58 1,913 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Press release:

    London, United Kingdom – Aug. 5, 2010 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City™ as the title for its follow-up to the award-winning, critically acclaimed hit videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum™. Batman: Arkham City will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows PC and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in Autumn 2011.

    Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

    Batman: Arkham City is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can visit www.batmanarkhamcity.com to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.
  • BinaryBob101 5 Aug 2010 14:52:37 24,409 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why the fuck isn't it just called Batman: Gotham City? Arkham is not a city. Daft name.

    Anyway, I'm playing through AA and I'm finding it's not the classic many think it is, in fact, I'd go as far to say it's a bit dull.

    www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

  • DFawkes 5 Aug 2010 14:52:57 24,044 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was concerned it'd be the Asylum itself again, so I do love the sound of this maximum security district. Heck, I'd be pretty happy with just the new playground of Batman shenanigans.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • MetalDog 5 Aug 2010 14:53:46 23,920 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *hopes*

    Looks good. Hope it lives up to (or exceeds) the first game. Awesome.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Blerk Moderator 5 Aug 2010 14:56:28 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why the fuck isn't it just called Batman: Gotham City? Arkham is not a city. Daft name.
    I'm guessing the inmates are going to take over Gotham and rename it Arkham City.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Aug 2010 14:58:33 9,697 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    GTA: Arkham City? ;-)

    I wonder how open the world will be? Or if it'll just be one level in one street, one in another, etc...

    Either way, I can't wait, and an autumn 2011 release means I actually have time to work through my game backlog before it comes out!

    I really hope it isn't as wide open as a GTA game as I think the levels were the perfect size in AA.
  • andywilkie35 5 Aug 2010 15:00:02 5,338 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why the fuck isn't it just called Batman: Gotham City? Arkham is not a city. Daft name.
    I'm guessing the inmates are going to take over Gotham and rename it Arkham City.

    I'm guessing the press release Britesparc posted explains it :p

    PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

  • Blerk Moderator 5 Aug 2010 15:00:50 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why the fuck isn't it just called Batman: Gotham City? Arkham is not a city. Daft name.
    I'm guessing the inmates are going to take over Gotham and rename it Arkham City.

    I'm guessing the press release Britesparc posted explains it :p
    Ah, who reads those things? :-D
  • phAge 5 Aug 2010 15:01:00 24,440 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why the fuck isn't it just called Batman: Gotham City? Arkham is not a city. Daft name.
    I'm guessing the inmates are going to take over Gotham and rename it Arkham City.

    I'm guessing the press release Britesparc posted explains it :p
    I too have this distinct feeling... :)
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Aug 2010 15:12:05 25,578 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's clearly just a symbolic title to show that the inmates have all escaped and taken over the city.

    Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

  • DFawkes 5 Aug 2010 15:34:48 24,044 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    Press release:

    London, United Kingdom – Aug. 5, 2010 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City™ as the title for its follow-up to the award-winning, critically acclaimed hit videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum™. Batman: Arkham City will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows PC and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in Autumn 2011.

    Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

    Batman: Arkham City is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can visit www.batmanarkhamcity.com to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.

    Thank you Britesparc. I would like to acknowledge this post and recommend it too all as a fantastic little read. Even if it is a press release, it answers the question that has come up approximately 20 billion times ;)

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Vortex808 5 Aug 2010 15:48:32 7,577 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Excellent news. Now we just have to wait a looooooong time for it.

  • mikew1985 5 Aug 2010 16:05:45 13,030 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eeeeek, can't wait!!

    I'm actually delighted they're giving it a full two years for development :)

    I was afraid that WB would just push Rocksteady into milking the franchise with yearly updates. The two year gap should see us getting a phenomenal sequel, hopefully they can spin another brilliant yarn and improve on a few of the small niggles from the first game

    In short: \o/
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

Log in or register to reply