***OFFICIAL*** Batman Arkham Asylum 2 Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • GuiltySpark 5 Aug 2010 16:26:16 6,466 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's clearly just a symbolic title to show that the inmates have all escaped and taken over the city.

Exactly. How are people not getting that?

Get bent.

• famous_roy 5 Aug 2010 16:29:30 4,102 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seriously, my favourite game of this gen alongside Mario Galaxy 2. Can't wait for the next installment, they better take their sweet time over it making it even better than AA!

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• HoriZon 5 Aug 2010 16:30:03 13,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Loved the first one and hope this is just as good. But man its a whole year and a bit away, i might be dead by then.

Why is it called Arkham City though ;p

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• funkyd 5 Aug 2010 16:30:47 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't wait. First one was great if a little overrated.
  • famous_roy 5 Aug 2010 16:33:37 4,102 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Eeeeek, can't wait!!

I'm actually delighted they're giving it a full two years for development :)

I was afraid that WB would just push Rocksteady into milking the franchise with yearly updates. The two year gap should see us getting a phenomenal sequel, hopefully they can spin another brilliant yarn and improve on a few of the small niggles from the first game

In short: \o/

Out of curiosity, what were your niggles of the first game?

For me the only things I can think of are the boss battles, even then I still enjoyed them. For the record I enjoyed the backtracking as I'm a metroidvania special boy.

• mikew1985 5 Aug 2010 16:45:36 13,033 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh it was only the boss battles too. I thought the collections and backtracking were fantastic. I completed all the riddles and all the collectathons (which I also loved). It was probably my GOTY last year.

I really didn't think there was anything wrong other than the weak Boss battles.

I played through on Hard rather than Normal and I think that was a contributing factor to how good the game was too. combat becomes a splendid balance of timing on hard.

Dammit, now I really want to go back and play it again.
  • morriss 5 Aug 2010 17:26:19 71,286 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anuvva year.
  • famous_roy 5 Aug 2010 21:33:58 4,102 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Oh it was only the boss battles too. I thought the collections and backtracking were fantastic. I completed all the riddles and all the collectathons (which I also loved). It was probably my GOTY last year.

I really didn't think there was anything wrong other than the weak Boss battles.

I played through on Hard rather than Normal and I think that was a contributing factor to how good the game was too. combat becomes a splendid balance of timing on hard.

Dammit, now I really want to go back and play it again.

I get ya, agreed. Hard was my fave playthrough too, clearing that room before the main confrontation (you know the one I mean, with the applause and encouragement :D) was intense!

Two playthroughs and considering another one myself, utter classic.

• trip919 7 Aug 2010 23:48:59 2,274 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was never under the illusion it was going to be released this year and it doesn't bother me it's going to be another year + for its release. I just want them to nail it, so they can take all the time they need. The 'Escape from New York' vibe I'm getting sounds great. Looking forward to this immensely.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next