What's the best steering wheel? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • sunjumper 28 Sep 2012 19:59:10 2,990 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So. . .

I am looking to get myself a racing wheel, but have no idea whatsoever what hardware is any good.

What would be the wheel of choice these days?
    Preferably one that works both on the PS3 and the PC. (In case they don't do that anyway)
  • superdelphinus 28 Sep 2012 20:16:36 7,265 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fanatec csr
  • sunjumper 29 Sep 2012 21:24:39 2,990 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks for the tip.
    There seem to be a lot of CSR models though ranging from expensive to ridiculous in price. Anything I should keep in mind? At what price point do the wheels become decent and when do I start to pay for the name?
  • alexatkin 12 Nov 2012 08:01:09 1 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • steoc4 30 May 2013 01:16:48 1,631 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I guess the previous advice still stands?

I've finally moved into a place where I have space for a wheel so want to pick one up, it seems they've actually gotten rarer and more expensive with time though, and not too keen on picking up a used one on ebay.

I guess there'll be a bunch of new ones announced for GT6, should probably stay patient...
  • Jmog 30 May 2013 04:42:10 391 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I second the Fanatec CSR. Works with both PC, PS3 and 360. Wirelessly on the 360 even.

The precision is outstanding and the force feedback is incredible. In Forza 4 even small things like driving over road stripes can be felt. It really is worth the money if you play a lot of driving games.
  • AlexW-29 4 Jun 2013 00:55:37 5 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I have had 3 wheels and I have used them all at some point for a large amount of time.

Logitech Driving Force Pro.
    Slow/Weak/Small/Loud, Don't bother with this. Really, don't.

Logitech Driving Force GT
    Massive step up on the DFP. Quicker, stronger, far more definition in what you feel. Much quieter and enjoyable to use.

I'd recommend this if you want a simple very easy to use wheel that is near enough perfect for any racing game.

It also only costs about 100, so it's reasonably affordable too. I've had mine for 3 years now and not a single thing is wrong with it.

Thrustmaster T500RS

Recently got this one. Quite honestly it's not a gigantic step up from the DFGT, but it does everything better. The pedals are much better than those of the DFGT and the FFB is so much stronger. The wheel is quieter too.

Personally I'd recommend the Driving Force GT. It's easily the best price / performance wheel. It will last ages, FFB is well defined and there are plently of buttons on it.
  • scoobysi 8 Jun 2013 10:19:10 875 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another recommendation for the CSR (with Elite Pedals + H Shifter + stand), I got a bundle which was well worth it if they still do it.

I went through 3 wheels originally (1 bricked, 2nd DOA) and am now on 2nd power supply but still willing to recommend as Fanatec support have been superb. With each wheel they sent a new wheel before I returned the dead one and then arranged a courier to pick up the 2 dead wheels. Just recently I sent a video to support showing my power supply had died, emailed on Sunday, new power supply arrived Wednesday, not bad for Germany to UK.

Edited by scoobysi at 10:21:01 08-06-2013
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next