ATi Drivers Thread Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • Whizzo 22 Dec 2005 12:10:45 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That last picture is rather good, that soldier is closing his non-sighted eye isn't he? I never realised that happened!

This space left intentionally blank.

• AnotherMartin 22 Dec 2005 12:57:17 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That is pretty cool. But it was more the size of him that's freaky.
  • Whizzo 22 Dec 2005 13:02:47 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah I know it's the fact that he's big is why it's been posted but I never realised they'd bother animating something that's practically impossible to see.

Perhaps giganto-mode is a way of showing it off! :-)

• AnotherMartin 22 Dec 2005 13:14:59 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    lol, could be.

I must admit there are some great little animations, idle and otherwise, in BF2.

Wasn't it you that thought you saw someone kiss their gun in the back of a blackhawk?
  • AnotherMartin 19 Jan 2006 00:34:32 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Big tings a g'wan today on the ATi front.

Official 6.1 Cats out from ATi.*

Omega's already got his 6.1 based drivers out, v3.8.205.

And ATi have released a new version of MMC, v9.13. Including all it's relevant sub components, DAO/MDAC, DVD Decoder, etc.

* BF2:SF players will be pleased to note the following.

BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect is no longer noticed when playing the game in night vision mode. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21263

• AnotherMartin 19 Jan 2006 00:39:13 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Depends on what you're playing/what you're using your card for etc.
  • Whizzo 19 Jan 2006 08:25:11 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:Omega's already got his 6.1 based drivers out, v3.8.205.
    How the hell did that happen! Ati must be giving him a helping hand these days as there's no way he could have got something out that quickly otherwise.

One for downloading tonight and giving 3dmark a try with.

I suppose I'll have to say cheerio to the CP though, I'll be a little surprised if the 5.10 CP works with 6.1.

• AnotherMartin 19 Jan 2006 10:39:44 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    AnotherMartin wrote:Omega's already got his 6.1 based drivers out, v3.8.205.
    How the hell did that happen! Ati must be giving him a helping hand these days as there's no way he could have got something out that quickly otherwise.

One for downloading tonight and giving 3dmark a try with.

I suppose I'll have to say cheerio to the CP though, I'll be a little surprised if the 5.10 CP works with 6.1.

Omega's been getting his drivers from ATi early for while now, I think he was a beta tester for ages but is also one of the only 'officially' recognised 3rd party modders. His relationship with them seems pretty good and he's been name checked by people from ATi in interviews and by the Catalyst guys that post on DriverHeaven.

I'll have a look on DH for you to see about the CP/CCC issue but tbh you might be able to get away with out installing either (just the drivers) and use ATi Tray Tools, that or just stick with Omega's as I think he is sticking with CP.
  • HarryB 19 Jan 2006 11:36:52 6,199 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    //glares at 5.08
    oops
  • AnotherMartin 19 Jan 2006 13:06:43 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What card do you have? mem ect?

Chances are you should really think about upgrading.
  • AnotherMartin 19 Jan 2006 13:21:57 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A rebuild would be your best bet but a good second would be to use DriverCleaner and possibly even Crap Cleaner.
  • AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 11:00:18 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Official 6.2s are now out over at ATi.

Must admit I really liked the last official set (6.1) the IQ defiantly seemed to improve over the last few releases. And they seemed much better than the Omega's last time around.

Currently running the offical set with no CCC or CP and using ATi tools to change my settings. Also meant i could completely remove .NET as well.

Oh, there's also a new DX distribution from MS as well.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (February 2006).
  • Whizzo 10 Feb 2006 11:01:18 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I never got around to trying the 6.1s, I will give these a go.

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 11:14:36 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you do let me know what set you where running before and see if you notice any difference in BF2. I'm sure I noticed an improvement in image quality with the last set. And of course the fixed night vision in SF.
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 11:37:56 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    Currently running the offical set with no CCC or CP and using ATi tools to change my settings. Also meant i could completely remove .NET as well.
    Is there much advantage gained from removing .NET? Where does one get the ATI tools from and would I still be able to run my system through to the TV?

I definitely noticed image improvement with the new drivers, it seemed to mostly be the textures that had improved and become a little more defined.

How are you doing mate?

Edited by Mr Sleep at 11:38:34 10-02-2006

You are a factory of sadness.

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 11:53:24 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ATi Tray Tools.

Not too sure on the .NET but I'm sure my memory use is lower now, definitely is from not running CCC and my system seems a bit faster in normal windows use. Don't know too much about .NET but running the uninstall (can't remember which one as i had 1.1 and 2 installed) certainly gave me an idea of the amount of bits to it there where.

So far just having the drivers and ATT installed I haven't found anything I can't do that I could with CCC or CP. And I am still outing to the TV ok. Though I have one odd issue where the desktop sometimes comes up on the TV in almost black and white (colour is there but it is near enough B&W). Watching videos and the like is fine though. Think it might be something else I've done as i've also disabled the 2nd display adapter in device manager.

Basically give it a go and if it does give you problems you can always just add CCC back in or try the Omegas.

Glad it wasn't just me with the IQ then, colours seemed a bit better as well.

Not doing to bad thanks, been meaning to call you actualy 'bout time me met up for another drink. Busy this w/e but maybe sometime next week?
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 12:29:02 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    ATi Tray Tools.

Not too sure on the .NET but I'm sure my memory use is lower now, definitely is from not running CCC and my system seems a bit faster in normal windows use.
    It wouldn't surprise me, I'll try it out, I didn't realise there was anything else available, I'll give it a go. Might be worth doing a driver clean as well as it's probably a mess.

Basically give it a go and if it does give you problems you can always just add CCC back in or try the Omegas.
    Yeah, I haven't been using the TV much but it'd be woth having as a resource, plus I've got a region 1 DVD I've been meaning to watch.

Glad it wasn't just me with the IQ then, colours seemed a bit better as well.
    Yeah, not sure exactly what it is but I applied the new drivers and NwN just looked a bit more detailed even on my crappy 17" CRT.

Not doing to bad thanks, been meaning to call you actualy 'bout time me met up for another drink. Busy this w/e but maybe sometime next week?
    Cool, I should be available next week, the good lady is off to Stockholm to work for a few weeks so I don't have to be home for dinner or anything like that \o/ Woo!

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 12:42:18 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you use drivercleaner make sure you download the latest one and uninstall the old one before installing the new. There is an issue with the old DC and the newer drivers that could knacker your video playback etc.

Think it's 1.4, don't use the old 1.3.
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 12:46:02 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    If you use drivercleaner make sure you download the latest one and uninstall the old one before installing the new. There is an issue with the old DC and the newer drivers that could knacker your video playback etc.

Think it's 1.4, don't use the old 1.3.
    Cheers, I'll bear that in mind.

I just realised how whipped I sound in my above message :-D

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 12:55:17 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ha ha!

So no needing to remind you to buy an onion or anything then? ;-p
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 12:57:10 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    ha ha!

So no needing to remind you to buy an onion or anything then? ;-p
    No, it's an onion free zone for fifteen days!!!! Woo!!!! :D

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 12:59:48 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do the Chicken place downstairs know to get more stock in? ;-D
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 13:01:10 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    Do the Chicken place downstairs know to get more stock in? ;-D
    lol, you know me too well! :D

• Whizzo 10 Feb 2006 13:14:49 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *cough* Ati drivers *cough* ;-)

Plus you're making me hungry and wanting a pint.

• AnotherMartin 10 Feb 2006 13:18:53 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ha ha. must admit I'm am sat here wondering wether to go to the pub for lunch or not. Bit of a session planned later with a couple of mates so need some decent food in me.

So, erm these drivers eh!?
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2006 13:20:02 17,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah drivers, great...I get all of my best drivers from the Chicken place and the local fish man. Great.

• Amajiro 13 Apr 2006 10:00:20 2,214 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    6.4 is out. Including, interestingly:
    Catalyst® 6.4 introduces a Windows MCE Video Conversion utility. This utility allows users to convert video content that is recorded by MCE, or video content that is available to MCE, to variety of different formats. The video content can be converted to MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 AVC and Windows Media. Ipod Video and PSP video are listed as separate formats for easy recognition.
    /
  • Dirtbox 19 Jun 2006 03:07:20 78,188 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    6.5s have been out for a while now, but I found this little artical detailing the difference between the manufacturers drivers, the Omega drivers and some other ones that I've forgotten the name of.

Interesting reading and I'm sad to say that it makes basically sod all difference what you use.

Ed: Although it must be said that these are very old drivers that are being tested. UT2k6, CoD and Farcry being the benchmarks.

Edited by Dirtbox at 03:07:52 19-06-2006

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool!

/fires up 4xAA on 9700 Pro
  • Furbs 14 Jun 2007 22:45:51 45,699 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just a heads up - the 5.13's do have an issue with BF2...

BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect may be noticed when playing the game in night vision mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21263

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next