I can't log on to XBox.com - taken straight to create account

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • jebus 1 Dec 2009 16:20:38 5 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OK - Iv'e searched the net about this and seems fairly common but there is no ideal solution so I thought I'd ask here.

Whenever I try and log on to XBox.com with my existing log in info it takes me directly to the create an account page.

I have a gold account and have no issues logging into it with my xbox.

It's annoying because I have a credit card with a rolling 3 month XBox Live Gold subscriptoin on it. I can't take that card off without going through XBox.com.
    This isn't that big a deal as it stands more an annoyance but if I ever need to change hard drives it will be. Short of phoning up Microsoft has anyone got a solution.

The whole Microsoft Xbox/MSN/Windows Live thing is totally confusing to me, I'm not a stupid person but it confuses the hell out of me.

Thanks
  • Deleted user 1 December 2009 16:30:08
    Mine works fine here, and I have a Gold account as well. I'm using Firefox.

Edit: Can you log into hotmail with your details? If you can, you can look for one of the xbox newsletters and click on 'my xbox' at the bottom in the legal agreement bit. It should log you into xbox.com in a new tab.

• Paperghost 1 Dec 2009 16:32:33 1,702 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    do you have more than one LIVE ID? If you logged into (say) hotmail with a LIVE account that happens to be a US one (or some other region other than your own, or one of ye olden ones before they started to regionalise them all) then the moment you try to login to the UK xbox site it'll spin you right over to account creation - because it sees your non-UK specific account, gets a bit confused and insists that you really, really need an xbox profile.

if this is the case, either go back to hotmail or wherever and ensure the old account is signed out properly and this will fix it. if you can't remember either way, try cleaning out your cookies and anything that lingers should be hosed.

/ edit - or if its a shared PC, it could be someone else that logged in with one of those accounts and didn't log out properly.
  • seasidebaz 1 Dec 2009 16:46:41 6,126 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was doing this on the XNA Creator's Club website the other day. Clear your cache and it should start working again.
  • jebus 1 Dec 2009 17:00:00 5 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the problem is *something* to do with the alternate email address thing. In some way that I haven't been able to fathom.
    I tried clearing the cookies once with no effect but I will try and delete the cache as well see if that works
  • S.J.Rogers 1 Dec 2009 17:02:45 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same for me for the past week... :-(
  • jebus 1 Dec 2009 17:05:04 5 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deleted all my temp internet files and cookies and it worked!!

Thanks
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next