Far Cry 3 Page 32

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• Gambit1977 3 Dec 2012 15:21:23 9,543 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    happyhammer81 wrote:
    Bloody loving this, my GOTY. Strangely - maybe I'm blind - no noticeable screen tearing or judder on 360.
    There was definitely some slow-down at the start of the game on the 360 for me, as the game is progressing though its getting less and less noticeable.

Either my eyes have adjusted
    to it or its stopped doing it.
    Exactly the same as my experience with it mate, but on PS3.
  • FogHeart 3 Dec 2012 15:32:57 910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ModishNouns 3 Dec 2012 15:42:44 4,633 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the south island a completely separate map like it was in FC2?
  • aeschylus 3 Dec 2012 15:53:32 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just reading the official forum,there is a whole load of hate for the MP, is it awful, as I sold my uplay passport perhaps a little hastily.

However If it's as broken as the official forum suggests then I shall stay clear.....

Also sold my lost expedition code for 7 now regret that as I am loving the game so much

Edited by aeschylus at 15:53:48 03-12-2012
  • itinkuravinalaff 3 Dec 2012 15:56:22 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I rearly miss the game manual booklet, the case feels cheap and light and more importantly I miss reading it on the bog! Fuck the trees!
  • PearOfAnguish 3 Dec 2012 15:57:04 6,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't worry too much about Lost Expeditions. I've done one of them and it was crap, about 5 minutes long. Be available as DLC later on anyway.
  • kinky_mong 3 Dec 2012 16:13:05 9,607 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:
    I rearly miss the game manual booklet, the case feels cheap and light and more importantly I miss reading it on the bog! Fuck the trees!
    This x 1,000,000

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• TheBear 3 Dec 2012 16:26:19 4,499 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone had issues with infinite loading screen on PS3? Been fine since Friday, now... Just won't load :-(
  • billythekid 3 Dec 2012 16:27:36 10,803 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do know it's infinite?
  • TheBear 3 Dec 2012 16:29:13 4,499 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very good
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 16:29:25 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh my god, that With Dignity quest...

I wanted to kill that fucking questgiver by the end of it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Lotos8ter 3 Dec 2012 16:39:26 2,324 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't realise you could buy a bulletproof vest in the safehouses until about 10 hours in. If anyone's as clueless as me you just scroll down the weapon list at the lockers and its under "Consumables".

Disabling the alarms at bases is key to success. Fighting a half dozen guys is one thing but had 2 waves of reinforcements at another that completely did for me. Also had a base that was a pitbull palace, rock hard to survive against a dozen of them.

Fiat Lux

• DUFFKING 3 Dec 2012 16:57:43 6,489 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been finding this really easy :/ Everyone just dies so quickly, though my inventory is entirely made up of signature weapons.
  • quadfather 3 Dec 2012 17:29:06 10,547 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @duffking - same here. Not really died unless I fall off a cliff or something. Am using an ak47 for general and a sniper rifle to thin em out a bit from a distance. Not even bothered shooting the alarms either, can take em out before they get to it. It's not exactly dull, but it feels like a bit of a plod. Hohum :/

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Gambit1977 3 Dec 2012 17:40:26 9,543 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheBear wrote:
    Anyone had issues with infinite loading screen on PS3? Been fine since Friday, now... Just won't load :-(
    Once, yes. It was on the title screen.
    I just rebooted the ps3 and it worked.
  • SparkyMarky81 3 Dec 2012 17:43:54 528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    God I love games with sharks. I'd chuck in a huge Great White in DLC.
  • Gambit1977 3 Dec 2012 17:47:21 9,543 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The sharks are great! I went out into the middle of the sea and used syringes to see them, then sniped away :lol:
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 Dec 2012 17:49:57 5,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Wouldn't worry too much about Lost Expeditions. I've done one of them and it was crap, about 5 minutes long. Be available as DLC later on anyway.
    It's two levels, one a 'find chests and loot' and the other a 'timed escape from exploding base'.

Aside from a certain company insignia plastered everywhere *Abstergo*, they're nowt special.
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 18:09:33 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone else tried the shark hunting mission where you're only allowed to use the bow with normal arrows?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Lotos8ter 3 Dec 2012 18:17:34 2,324 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado - the first one of those I tried was the bow/normal arrows on a puma. It took me LOADS of attempts and put me off trying any of the others.
    I suppose its do-able - one of the bases had a decent jetty you could snipe from with a shark or three, but there;'s other stuff I want to be doing in the game at the moment.

Fiat Lux

• itinkuravinalaff 3 Dec 2012 18:41:24 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The puma ran away from me!! must know I'm a badass!:)
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 18:46:30 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Lotos8ter

They definitely are REALLY annoying, but I'm getting past them eventually. The problem with them is that the resulting mats are needed for the highest-level upgrades and you can't get them anywhere else.

• aeschylus 3 Dec 2012 18:53:26 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would like a "auto loot" skill on dead people, I know it take a little away from realism, but sometimes I can not be arsed looting the dead bodies for my $4
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 Dec 2012 19:02:14 5,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote: No, it's got meta/gamification all over the shop this time. Or the broken insta-spawn enemies who magically appear.
    In about 5 hours I've seen one area that may have had enemies spawning, though I never actually saw them spawn.
    B-r-o-k-e-n. Had respawns after cutscenes, entire camp notably in the logging yard. I'd expect it in FC2, here it's bugged. Directly behind me, MG trucks/animals insta-killing me after a second of warning, because they popped in. Really poor.

-Compare that to Far Cry 2 where you couldn't drive 100 metres without hitting a checkpoint full of enemies, even if you'd cleared said checkpoint ten minutes ago. I think Far Cry 3 fares pretty well in comparison.

-In fact it's worse than that, because the checkpoints were often manned by people who were supposedly on your side, but rather than tell them that the people you were working for were quite happy for you to just shoot the place up. Yeah, right, if that isn't immersion breaking, unrealistic and gamey to the extreme then I don't know what is.

-The stealth is better in far cry 3, the shooting is better, the game world is more varied and interesting, outposts are less annoying and slightly more realistically dealt with, it has wildlife, there's way more to do. Sure it has a few glitches and has gone a bit mad with map markers and pop ups but that's surely pretty minor. And yeah the story is nonsense, which is a more legitimate issue, but Vaas is a good villain and there's so much good in the game that it's not enough to spoil it.
    -only one or two areas where you had to engage checkpoints. Most of them could be skirted round, or just driven through. If you stuck to direct routes/roads, then that was your choice. Good planning off the beaten path was always an alternative. At least there was always a fight to be had (most of the north island is a ghost town now), and easy supplies to collect as a reward.

-majority of the characters were white, tooled up, looking suspicious. You weren't a 'celebrity' like good ol' Jason, and typical lowly soldiers wouldn't necessarily know you. Tried visiting an African nation during a civil war ? Added to the sense of dread/oppression/atmosphere that is sorely lacking here.

-Stealth ? Comically gamey. Shooting ? Much the same as before. More varied ? Certainly, if the map marked collect-a-thon is your thing. Preferred having to actually search for diamonds. Compared to the armoured convoy takedowns, buddy missions and assistance, and the freedom of mission structure (too many scripted showpieces, locked off areas), I know what had greater variety imo.

It just seems like a pillaged collection of everything everybody has complained about for years. The on-disc DLC, the social networking, the seperate leaderboard challenges, the endless chore of meaningless side quests, the fast travel overload, the "push up" slow walking drug sequences, the simplified crafting/unnecessary menus that could easily be automatic, the reams of tat loot just to sell....the notifications , GAWD the notifications....

It just all seems like the Emperor's New Clothes to me. As some have said, it's gone too far the other way, from the relentless Africa to the holiday fun-time (with some shooting) of Rook Island.

Vaas ? Vaas is a redeeming feature, but offset by the muppetry of the friends, the wacky, zany (yawn) others, and the general feeling that I'm going to be laughing hysterically at whatever the finale brings.

I cannot wait.
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 19:03:57 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In case anyone is wondering what the U-play exclusive mission is, don't bother. It's shit. A five minute wander around a largely empty series of corridors. No loot to show for it, just a measly skill point.

• Deckard1 3 Dec 2012 19:04:12 25,406 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah everyone just pretending to like it. That's exactly what's happening.

Called it

• spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 19:13:20 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah everyone just pretending to like it. That's exactly what's happening.
    Are they? Nothing bloody happens.

• DUFFKING 3 Dec 2012 19:20:21 6,489 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Anyone else tried the shark hunting mission where you're only allowed to use the bow with normal arrows?
    Just grab the boat nearby and shoot the fuck out of the first one you see from the deck.
  • SparkyMarky81 3 Dec 2012 19:25:59 528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Just grab the boat nearby and shoot the fuck out of the first one you see from the deck.
    Quint would be proud.
  • dnbuk 3 Dec 2012 19:29:15 4,926 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I killed my first Shark by running into it on a jet ski.
  • Page

of 78 First / Last