Far Cry 3 Page 22

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 21:48:47 27,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Still pissed off about those bloody hints that keep popping up. Been playing for a few hours and had my 3rd message about how to fast travel pop up
    Can you not disable them in the menu? Usually can.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• fletch7100 30 Nov 2012 21:53:49 7,348 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Was going to write about the tech problems this game has on the Xbox

Then

About to raid a enemy camp, see a tiger waiting outside. Shot it so the tiger chases me, then I go sprinting through the enemy camp with pissed off tiger following me. He manages to kill all of them and the reinforcements as well. Then I say thanks by killing and skinning it.

Best NPC line so far. "Every time I piss its burning, knew I should have used a rubber"

Edited by fletch7100 at 22:12:00 30-11-2012
  • Cogsy666 30 Nov 2012 21:56:53 155 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Loving this game been on this all day and not even started the 2nd mission yet lol just been hunting and killing people. Only problem I have found it hunting with the bow is really hard been mauled to death by tigers and leopards countless times lol.

Rock N Grohl

• fletch7100 30 Nov 2012 22:10:50 7,348 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Its just a bit random. Ok you attack the first base to open up fast travel, having a message pop up reminding you how fast travel works is ok. Then getting 2 more of exactly the same message as you are playing just ruins the immersion slightly. Not gaming breaking just mildly annoying to me. Few other technical problems on Xbox, screen tear, frame rates, random moment when the game was middle of sunny day, then switches straight over to night time with raining and a storm. Wasn't a gradually switch to night time. Was more like Truman Show, flick the switch and its nighttime.

Am enjoying myself with the game, plenty of great little sandbox moments. Only doing more story missions now so I can upgrade my character more. Then back to running down deer with my jeep :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 22:16:12 30-11-2012
  • AaronTurner 30 Nov 2012 22:15:06 7,785 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are relics in containers?
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 22:17:48 27,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @fletch7100

So they've fixed the gamebreaking bugs whilst overlooking the immersion breaking ones, in other words?

Hmm. In a sense that's just as bad if you like getting lost in the experience.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• fletch7100 30 Nov 2012 22:17:58 7,348 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AaronTurner

Don't think so, found a few and they have been out in the open. Usually see a trophy symbol on the map when you get close, also hear some tribal chanting background music as well
  • AaronTurner 30 Nov 2012 22:25:40 7,785 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @AaronTurner

Don't think so, found a few and they have been out in the open. Usually see a trophy symbol on the map when you get close, also hear some tribal chanting background music as well
    Cheers, found it hidden away!
  • RelaxedMikki 30 Nov 2012 22:33:59 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just one more comment on the performance on the 360.

To me the single player on this feels really similar to the multiplayer performance on Battlefield Bad Company 2 (in terms of frame rate, pop in and tearing). If you could live with that then you can live with this.

You can feel the strain the game engine is under, but you accept it given the amount of action and detail.

Also, setting the look sensitivity to full is absolutely mental. It's about 50 times the speed of COD on full sensitivity...!
  • magicpanda 30 Nov 2012 23:05:14 13,403 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't even play this on PC. Crashes at the title screen after the Ubisoft logo.

Anyone seen a solution online anywhere for this particular problem? I can't find anything after trying everything I can think of. Waste of a fucking evening.
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 23:09:34 10,163 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is strangely the first FPS I've ever played to make me feel sick after half an hour. Slightly off putting, especially as its starting to 'click'.

Hang gliding - blughhhhh!!
  • Rens11 30 Nov 2012 23:12:25 1,417 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a quick go on PC looks absolutely stunning!

Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

• RelaxedMikki 30 Nov 2012 23:21:42 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whoo. I like this.

Imagine Far Cry 2 plus the role-play, adventuring, flower picking, animals and exploration type stuff of Skyrim. That's pretty much it so far.

It's great!
  • Shane86 30 Nov 2012 23:30:45 281 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killed a goat drinking at a river, went over to skin it and a fucking crocodile pops out of the water and nearly kills me!
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:33:08
    magicpanda wrote:
    I can't even play this on PC. Crashes at the title screen after the Ubisoft logo.

Anyone seen a solution online anywhere for this particular problem? I can't find anything after trying everything I can think of. Waste of a fucking evening.
    Disable/log off uplay.
  • Whizzo 30 Nov 2012 23:41:54 43,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shane86 wrote:
    Killed a goat drinking at a river, went over to skin it and a fucking crocodile pops out of the water and nearly kills me!
    Had a similar experience diving for a relic, nice peaceful swim interrupted by a fucking crock trying to eat me. First and only one I've skinned so far. :-)

Komodo dragons have a habit of biting my leg while I'm stalking deer too.

The wildlife are very useful though, people don't notice someone popping heads with a silenced pistol when they're trying to put down some rabid dogs in their camp.

This space left intentionally blank.

• FuzzyDuck 1 Dec 2012 00:06:21 4,328 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki

Nail on the head there regarding the performance. It is possible to look past the stuff and enjoy the game. For my money, it runs, plays and looks a lot better than Crysis 2 on consoles. Gonna go back on it for an hour and hope i don't have an emergent late night! :)
  • christourlord 1 Dec 2012 00:26:54 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vehicles have a tendency to combust after a good bash. One of my favourite activities is ramming pirate jeeps off of cliffs and jumping out at the last moment, watching as their sins are consumed by God's cleansing flames below.

Can't imagine enjoying this as much on consoles though. A big part of the thrill for me has been how stunning and smooth the game is on PC.
  • itinkuravinalaff 1 Dec 2012 02:13:15 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No doubt this is a fantastic game but fuck the screen tearing is the worst I've seen in my gaming life, it's starting to annoy me the more I play. Can this be fixed with a patch? I don't know but it's playing havoc with my eyes. Very disappointing Ubi!
  • spamdangled 1 Dec 2012 02:37:33 27,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    is the whole "everyman instantly becomes experienced professiinal killer" thing as absurdly abrupt as reviews suggest? is the overall story as engaging as was made out to be? i liked what i saw of the french bloke actor playing vaas in previews, but if the game loses him and deals with super mutants or Lost style mumbo jumbo sharpish then i cant see myself completing it

• Savatage 1 Dec 2012 03:22:20 38 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why the fuck can't you quit out of mission and go back to free roaming mode?

So I'm being sent into a clusterfuck of snipers, rocket launchers and small but extemely vicious dogs, all of which invariable ends in my horrible death. I figure I'll leave it for a while and go back to exploring the island - maybe find some health, hunt some animals for better weapon holsters, that kind of thing.

Worryingly, there's only a Restart Mission option in the menu. Choosing that only takes me to the (unskippable) cutscene at the mission's start. So I let that play out and then just head away from where I'm supposed to go. Surely the game will just give me the Mission Failed screen and then leave me to my own devices, letting me return to the mission when I'm ready?

Nope. I get the Mission Failed message all right, but that's followed by a loading screen and then fuck me if I'm back at the last checkpoint, just after the cutscene. I have no other save, so my two choices seem to be: do the mission with whatever shit you have or start the whole game over from scratch. Unless I'm missing something?
  • Mattuk123 1 Dec 2012 07:15:10 140 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Savatage there should be an abort mission option in the start menu, unless the game has bugged out on you?
  • Rusty_M 1 Dec 2012 07:25:10 4,758 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I need to stop reading this thread, or the missus won't get a christmas present!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• sirtacos 1 Dec 2012 07:40:33 7,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The save system and unskippable cutscenes are rather annoying. Considering the game's free-roaming open-world nature, the transition to missions is jarring.

UPlay also makes being connected whilst playing a gamble. If I'm online, the server may disconnect at any point. If that happens, god forbid I use the menus, because then my screen will be catapulted into the sky with a bit of buggy treeline showing. Rendering the game unplayable.
  • sirtacos 1 Dec 2012 07:47:12 7,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    is the whole "everyman instantly becomes experienced professiinal killer" thing as absurdly abrupt as reviews suggest? is the overall story as engaging as was made out to be? i liked what i saw of the french bloke actor playing vaas in previews, but if the game loses him and deals with super mutants or Lost style mumbo jumbo sharpish then i cant see myself completing it
    1) Yes
    2) No

Basically you're a brah who likes EXTREME TOURISM.
    Next thing you know, you get a magical tattoo and some Liberian guy tells you to Be One With the Jungle. So you do that and now you're the Chosen Warrior of Tribe Ukululu or some shit.

The story is window dressing at best. For me anyway.
  • Lotos8ter 1 Dec 2012 09:12:10 2,361 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a good old blast on this last night - fantastic. Great intro and set-up, loved the music.
    Did a main quest for a little bit but then went hunting - the biggest problem I had was finding Boar for the ammo capacity upgrade - see weird animal, PEW PEW, skin it, no its a tapir/pig/bambi. The illustrated animal encyclopedia is getting good use.

And if you see a peacock - they're not peacocks and they pack a fucking punch I can tell you

Fiat Lux

• Page

of 79 First / Last