Far Cry 3 Page 17

  • Page

    of 78 First / Last

  • Rusty_M 29 Nov 2012 16:29:59 4,352 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    So todays dilemma is whether to start this, play with my wiiu or keep on with hitman.
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23337312.jpg
    Because it's my birthday and they were presents you spaz!
    Wish I was spoilt on my birthday. All I got this year was a potato.
    You lucky bastard!

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

  • kinky_mong 29 Nov 2012 16:42:42 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    So todays dilemma is whether to start this, play with my wiiu or keep on with hitman.
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23337312.jpg
    Because it's my birthday and they were presents you spaz!
    Wish I was spoilt on my birthday. All I got this year was a potato.
    You lucky bastard!
    You'd think so, but it had ring rot.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • Pinky_Floyd 29 Nov 2012 17:09:09 6,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flipping heck this looks good O_o

    Maxing all PC graphics options and still staying above 60fps @1080p in dx11.

    Swish!

    Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 17:12:04 29-11-2012
  • Deckard1 29 Nov 2012 17:13:46 25,414 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    So todays dilemma is whether to start this, play with my wiiu or keep on with hitman.
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23337312.jpg
    Because it's my birthday and they were presents you spaz!
    Wish I was spoilt on my birthday. All I got this year was a potato.
    You lucky bastard!
    You'd think so, but it had ring rot.
    Isn't that what DM's on the sick with?.

    Called it

  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 17:31:27 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can get it from Gamersgate, no extra DRM.


    Multiplayer is fun, can't try co-op yet need some UPlay friends.
  • oldschoolsoviet 29 Nov 2012 17:58:21 5,415 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    We had the Giant Bomb quick look yet?

    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-far-cry-3/17-6839/
    3 words.

    Dead.
    Island.
    Gamification.

    All those pop-ups, stat tracking, XP, constant stream of ticker tape bullshit for the ADHD generation. Thought there was talk of an option to disable all that for a purer immersion during the pre-release period ? Sigh. I remember the outcry over the same issues like useless inventory tat after DI's release, and it certainly wasn't welcome in Rage either. Why persist with it ? Notificationsplosion could certainly be turned off in AC3 at least, so I hope for the same. The lack of insta-spawn checkpoints might be less annoying, but if no enemies respawn, there'll be some fairly boring drives/treks ahead, and a fairly devoid, empty feeling map, no ? So many niggles....

    I feared it wouldn't match the atmosphere of grimy, gritty, red soil Africa, and plasticky SEGA-esque jungle isn't doing much for me. Looked great with wing-suit antics the other day, but seeing that chunk of play has tarnished it somewhat.

    Can anyone confirm that the HUD/notifications can be turned off/customised on 360 ? I'd assume it'll be the same PS3-wise. After the disappointment of Absolution, and the cringe-worthy Ted this afternoon, I can't take much more....
  • DUFFKING 29 Nov 2012 18:22:58 6,489 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Accidentally got this posted home instead of to uni. It's the pc version, can I just get someone to open it for me, tell me the code and then download it? Does UPlay support that?

    Edited by DUFFKING at 18:23:07 29-11-2012
  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 18:27:52 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 18:28:58 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a big sense of disbelief person and while some things I miss, so much cool stuff is happening in the game, I manage to not focus too much on the pop ups. The map thing is my only big gripe, tbh. Cause navigating with that was just pro.
  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 18:29:51 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFKING I can't find an option on uplay for adding code before installing game.

    Edited by hiddenranbir at 18:33:37 29-11-2012
  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 18:35:43 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Yeah I was going to ask this- is there any way to use the machete as a normal weapon?

    I ran out of ammo and had to kill a comodo dragon with a grenade when it was chasing me and only about a foot away...a machete would have made things so much easier.
    Yes, mash F, if you're on the PC.

    If on controller the same button for 'takedowns'.
  • Pumpatron 29 Nov 2012 18:36:06 358 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't wait for this :D, I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning on my way into work. Being unable to turn off the hud is a bit disappointing, but if the game is great I can overlook it.

    I'm going to turn off the crosshair and weapon tagging, and not use the camera much, hopefully that will get rid of some of the on-screen clutter.

    Think I'm also going to play on hard, the gameplay I've seen made it look a bit easy, I want it to feel like a fight for survival - one thing FC2 did well.
  • Stranded87 29 Nov 2012 18:39:14 768 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    We had the Giant Bomb quick look yet?

    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-far-cry-3/17-6839/
    3 words.

    Dead.
    Island.
    Gamification.

    All those pop-ups, stat tracking, XP, constant stream of ticker tape bullshit for the ADHD generation. Thought there was talk of an option to disable all that for a purer immersion during the pre-release period ? Sigh. I remember the outcry over the same issues like useless inventory tat after DI's release, and it certainly wasn't welcome in Rage either. Why persist with it ? Notificationsplosion could certainly be turned off in AC3 at least, so I hope for the same. The lack of insta-spawn checkpoints might be less annoying, but if no enemies respawn, there'll be some fairly boring drives/treks ahead, and a fairly devoid, empty feeling map, no ? So many niggles....

    I feared it wouldn't match the atmosphere of grimy, gritty, red soil Africa, and plasticky SEGA-esque jungle isn't doing much for me. Looked great with wing-suit antics the other day, but seeing that chunk of play has tarnished it somewhat.

    Can anyone confirm that the HUD/notifications can be turned off/customised on 360 ? I'd assume it'll be the same PS3-wise. After the disappointment of Absolution, and the cringe-worthy Ted this afternoon, I can't take much more....
    While I wish it wasn't so in your face, most of the peripheral activities do actually add to the game imo.

    As for the lack of enemy respawns, thank God is all I can say. Respawning checkpoints was the single most annoying thing about Far Cry 2 for me and many others. Also do we know that no enemies respawn? (Genuine question, I have no idea), because I'd have assumed that some of the random ones that drive around would at least and animals too, in which case treks might not be totally uneventful.
  • Maturin 29 Nov 2012 18:52:18 2,735 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just played the first couple of missions. Fantastic stuff.

    Fiddled with settings and now getting DX11 60fps with full settings. Just reduced the MLAA a little. Looks fantastic.

    Oddly playing with the Xbox pad for a bit rather than KBM.

    I imagine there are more popups, pesters etc early on as the game is showing us the ropes. I'd expect those to reduce.

    Edited by Maturin at 18:54:53 29-11-2012
  • Vortex808 29 Nov 2012 18:56:35 6,567 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anybody got this from game yet? I got the despatch mail on sunday, so certainly expected it today.

    They always used to get stuff to you the day before. Are they slower after their problems now? I've bought nowt from them since then.
  • hiddenranbir 29 Nov 2012 18:59:09 5,744 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Of course enemies respawn and they are always patrolling the roads in jeeps. So it isn't like you'll always be safe. And of course, wild life (that was lacking in FC2) is a big deal here. You will be hunted.
  • UncleLou Moderator 29 Nov 2012 19:08:03 35,172 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Stranded87 I don't think anyone minds the peripheral activities as such, it's the way they are presented that's the issue. The game constantly behaves like a pushy salesman. Just compare that to how subtle Red Dead Redemption handled its treasure hunt, for example.
  • repairmanjack 29 Nov 2012 19:22:48 5,956 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my fourth holster upgrade already. Only had to machine gun a couple of sharks and dive for their corpses. :)
  • rivuzu 29 Nov 2012 19:26:48 483 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone who ordered from Shopto had theirs dispatched yet? Preordered the PC Insane edition with next day delivery... And I still have no dispatch notice ):
  • Youthist 29 Nov 2012 19:28:16 9,902 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine arrived at noon from Shopto.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • repairmanjack 29 Nov 2012 19:28:20 5,956 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup, mine came from shopto this morning.
  • rivuzu 29 Nov 2012 19:38:17 483 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
    Well hell. This sucks.
  • NOSAVIOUR 29 Nov 2012 19:45:15 2,802 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This game is SO good.
  • eleven63 29 Nov 2012 19:46:17 1,552 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazon delivered my copy at noon - ahead of the game for once!

    Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

  • waggy79 29 Nov 2012 20:11:06 793 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hoping this unlocks on Uplay tomorrow. Then a lengthy install I guess... Anyone know how many gb?
  • Rusty_M 29 Nov 2012 20:16:22 4,352 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wish I could trust uplay enough to get this. My "my games" tab is empty despite having bought and played games previously and so far all support have suggested is to reinstall uplay and delete the "hosts" file on my PC.

    I'm waiting for a UK steam version (and until I have enough money)

    Edited by Rusty_M at 21:00:08 29-11-2012

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

  • X201 29 Nov 2012 20:40:53 14,698 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ditto. Waiting for Steam.
  • AaronTurner 29 Nov 2012 21:43:07 7,521 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think I will trade in bops 2 for this tomorrow, anyone know a good deal?
  • Page

    of 78 First / Last

Log in or register to reply