Far Cry 3 Page 15

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• UncleLou Moderator 28 Nov 2012 21:23:42 35,557 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Flyvpn's Australian trial server seems rather busy, how strange.
  • Savatage 29 Nov 2012 01:08:07 38 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well I just walked out of the games shop only to find that the Insane Edition had somehow wedged itself under my arm, and all the money had disappeared from my wallet. Hate it when that happens.

Three hours left of work and it's game time. :D
  • DUFFKING 29 Nov 2012 01:30:20 7,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No shopto dispatch today :( Shame.
  • UncleLou Moderator 29 Nov 2012 05:52:23 35,557 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is good so far, and I really couldn't stand FC2.

My main complaint is that it's so "gamey" in a typical Ubisoft fashion, with a gazillion pop-up messages, collectibles on the map, etc. I wish you could turn all that shit off. And if I want to nitpick - it doesn't look nearly as nice Crysis does, and while I can play Crysis maxed out these days, FC3 on ultra looks worse and doesn't run as good.

That said, the AI is fun ( and line of sight works!), the gunplay is good, vehicles are excellent, and I love the RPG-lite mechanics.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 05:53:42 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have confirmed delivery today by TNT. Was dispatched in the same order as my wiiu so will all arrive together before lunch.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TFM_Excalibur 29 Nov 2012 05:55:48 1,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I told myself after ops 2, no more games till New year. Fuck it, just caved an ordered from very, it looks too good to pass up.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 06:58:46 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just hope its more stable than what i can only assume as alpha code used for expo demo, because that was a clusterfuck of some of the most hilarious but game-breaking bugs I have ever seen.

Help! I'm being chased by the slender man in the illage!

Help! Its raining jeeps

Help! I appear to be on the island of dr moreaux because i keep getting chased by these haryhusen-esque human/animal hybrids.

Help! I'm an everyman but didnt realise that extended to epileptic fits taking camera control away from me and putting itnin permanent shaky cam mode!

Help! I seem to have left the island and stumbled into virtual reality where i am surrounded bt textureless geometry!

Etc etc. it wasnt a pleasant experience.

But near universally gushing reviews have made me bite the bullet. So todays dilemma is whether to start this, play with my wiiu or keep on with hitman.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Whizzo 29 Nov 2012 08:16:36 43,128 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I played it on two separate occasions and had none of those issues nor did Retroid.

This space left intentionally blank.

• mikeck 29 Nov 2012 08:28:20 1,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado The issue with taking game code to events is that whilst you want to take your most current/best code, it's not always possible. So I imagine Ubisoft took very unfinished code as they'd rather be on the show-floor than not at all.

I have very high hopes for this, and from experience realise that the code you played would have been very early doors in comparison to the final code that went gold.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 08:33:31 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I played it on two separate occasions and had none of those issues nor did Retroid.
    And yet a whole load of others did.

Horses/courses

Anyway, got it now. Just debating whether to slap it in or plug in shiny new console hardware.

• JayG 29 Nov 2012 08:53:50 845 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The game did seem pretty bugged until that patch came out, still a couple of issues but nothing that bad. I ain't experieneced anything of the level of that expo alpha. I think it looks gorgeous, but I do agree about the gameyness of it. Anything usable is shines like a crazy diamond. And at times t's a little too having to do things a certain way. I'm playing like a lunatic, and I suddenly have to sneak and if anyone see's me, game over? What is with the endless sneaking in games, I miss the good old Duke Nuke em days.
  • UncleLou Moderator 29 Nov 2012 08:58:06 35,557 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, it's insane that you can't turn off the glowing objects and pop-ups like multiplayer challenges. Seriously, WTF. I am trying to think of anything that is more immersion-breaking than this, but I am struggling. Blue screen of death maybe. Stalker this ain't, atmospherically.

(Again, the game itself is great. But the popups/hints/leaderboards/object-glow crap grates).

Edited by UncleLou at 08:58:41 29-11-2012
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 09:01:02
    I'm thinking of ordering this from SimplyGames tomorrow (it's only 33.85), hoping it'll get here on Saturday. Anyone recommend their service?
  • ram 29 Nov 2012 09:30:05 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any way for PC users to get this on Steam in the UK or do I have to wait till it goes on sale in the US and buy it from amazon com?

Edited by ram at 09:31:15 29-11-2012
  • thedaveeyres 29 Nov 2012 09:48:59 11,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fantomex wrote:
    I'm thinking of ordering this from SimplyGames tomorrow (it's only 33.85), hoping it'll get here on Saturday. Anyone recommend their service?
    Yep, they're good.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• JayG 29 Nov 2012 09:50:55 845 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I reckon Ubi are trying to get people away from Steam, and onto their own piss poor service. I still can't play a game with that running, all have to be played in safe mode. It's also 49.99 euros on Steam, so your better off waiting for the sale.
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 09:51:06 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    The game did seem pretty bugged until that patch came out, still a couple of issues but nothing that bad. I ain't experieneced anything of the level of that expo alpha. I think it looks gorgeous, but I do agree about the gameyness of it. Anything usable is shines like a crazy diamond. And at times t's a little too having to do things a certain way. I'm playing like a lunatic, and I suddenly have to sneak and if anyone see's me, game over? What is with the endless sneaking in games, I miss the good old Duke Nuke em days.
    What's the whole "you play an everyman" thing like? As preposterously short-lived as previews implied?

• Whizzo 29 Nov 2012 09:52:23 43,128 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ram wrote:
    Any way for PC users to get this on Steam in the UK or do I have to wait till it goes on sale in the US and buy it from amazon com?
    For reasons unknown it's not on the UK Steam store but it is everywhere else, it'll probably turn up eventually just like other strangely missing games in the past.

This space left intentionally blank.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 09:52:49 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JayG wrote:
    I reckon Ubi are trying to get people away from Steam, and onto their own piss poor service. I still can't play a game with that running, all have to be played in safe mode. It's also 49.99 euros on Steam, so your better off waiting for the sale.
    See, people say that about Origin, GFW, Uplay, everything except Steam.

I've used, and use all of them regularly and the only one out of any of them that causes regular issues is the supposedly immune to criticism Steam.

• spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 09:53:53 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ram

You have to wait.

Isn't DRM wonderful?

• JayG 29 Nov 2012 10:01:21 845 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The whole everyman thing doesn't last long at all. What annoys me about the forced sneaking parts is I have a sniper rifle, Assault rifle, rocket launcher and shotgun. Not exactly Thief. If I wanted to be any louder I'd just need to wear a cow bell. At times it comes back, one sequence was a lot like Max Payne. But in spite of the main character having a great name he don't half whine a lot in a very weak voice. The AI is pretty bad too. Your mate beside you head's been blown off, and you continue having a nice relaxing smoke.

Steam annoys me as I often have a game I can't play because fucking thing tells me it ain't out yet, yet I have the game in me hand. this was one of the few times I didn't have to mess around with a VPN.
  • jagg3r 29 Nov 2012 10:01:46 1,037 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    steam key

http://www.code4game.com/far-cry-3-pc-cd-key.html?a_aid=dlc4c4g

Thinking about getting this myself
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 10:30:16
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Fantomex wrote:
    Yep, they're good.
    Aye, ordered mine Tuesday eve came this morning.
  • Tuffty 29 Nov 2012 10:38:24 1,590 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some hilarious open world jank on the GB livestream yesterday when the NPC guide you follow early in the game suddenly flew away off into the distance before being spawned right back.

Still though, does not stop me from the fact that it is a game I would love to play. Not sure whether to wait and make a suggestion for Santa to add it to my stocking.
  • RedSparrows 29 Nov 2012 10:40:21 22,735 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    This is good so far, and I really couldn't stand FC2.

My main complaint is that it's so "gamey" in a typical Ubisoft fashion, with a gazillion pop-up messages, collectibles on the map, etc. I wish you could turn all that shit off. .
    That's a shame - I loved FC2 and one reason was the 'natural' feel.
  • Rens11 29 Nov 2012 11:37:05 1,404 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    And yet a whole load of others did.

Horses/courses

Anyway, got it now. Just debating whether to slap it in or plug in shiny new console hardware.
    surely you're boyfriend can wait! looking forward to picking up tomorrow hoping the constant popup's that many are complaining about get toned down in a patch though!

Edited by Rens11 at 11:39:58 29-11-2012

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Maturin 29 Nov 2012 11:37:06 3,002 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My SimplyGames PC order just arrived. Alas the code won't activate on Steam.

Will just have to run it the old fashioned way.
  • ram 29 Nov 2012 12:16:16 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just bought a steam key from gamekeys4u, 28.

Now to see if it turns up!
  • itinkuravinalaff 29 Nov 2012 12:41:06 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My xbox version arrived from simplygames! Whoop!
  • Page

of 79 First / Last