Far Cry 3 Page 76

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• DUFFMAN5 18 May 2013 10:54:44 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Completed this last night, really enjoyed it. Spent 25 hours ingame so far and on 72%, still have a good few sides and collecting to do. I doubt I will bother with all of them. I thought the story was fine, I know reading this a lot of you did not.
    I didn°¶t like the 2 boss fights however...made no sense the way they played out. I choose to save my friends :). I have watched the other ending on Youtube, I made the right decision, mad fookin nice rack'd bitch.
    With this and excellent BD, I have sunk 40+ hours and counting Gametime.

Slightly annoyed that I didn't/haven't got the zipline kill cheveo.
    I also have 3 points ready to complete all the skills, but because I didn't get a duo death from above, the poxy skill tree will not unlock to allow me to spend the points. Not a massive deal of course but still, it would have been nice.

I have not touched the MP and very much doubt I will, but I have played and completed one co-op with raindoms (where we have to start a loco train engine) no comms and thought it was a lot of fun.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 10:55:44 18-05-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• OfNoConsequence 18 May 2013 16:04:46 7 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished the single player this morning (bar some collecting) and was all set to pack it away and move onto the next game in the growing backlog. Popped into this thread to see if the things that annoyed me were common (seems to be the case), but also find out that I can reset the outposts... the backlog may have to wait a few more nights until I retake them all.

Despite the annoyances, it did rekindle something - first game for a while that has kept me playing until stupid o'clock with that 'just one more thing to do' feeling. Mind you, the stupid boss battles tried their hardest to break that mood and drive me away from the game altogether
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2013 17:51:53 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm having fun playing the co-op missions. I have done 2 now.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 17:56:59 18-05-2013

• DUFFMAN5 19 May 2013 10:10:49 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Reading through the thread it seems a lot of EGers don't likw the Co-op
    what is it about the co-op campaign, you all don't like ?
    I have played 3 missions and thought them all very enjoyable. I agree the match-making is toss, but past that, I have had no problems.

• killersrquiet 19 May 2013 10:26:28 1,856 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personallly from experience the hatred was more from the fact you could not select a co op mission and got stuck playing the same missions repeatedly. Some of them were fun though. We had a lot more bugs in co-op at release (getting stuck on a quad and not get off it for example)
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2013 10:45:16 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @killersrquiet
    Morning fella.
    I understand the frustration of getting the same maps, that does seem stupid. I will try to get the right maps a few more times before sending the game back to Jono on Tuesday, if I don't manage it, I can live with that.

I only have 2 more missions and 9 more relics to find to 1000/1000 the game which I never do, well apart from 400/400 with Blood Dragon :)

I have enjoyed nearly every minute with the game.

I'm thinking Deus Ex next, another game I played for a couple of hours upon release and then never returned to.

• modula 19 May 2013 17:28:46 246 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh my god, I just finished this for the second time and chose the less savoury ending. T'was an embarrassment to a genius game; why is that necessary?!
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Jun 2013 08:37:32 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Does this game require an online pass, and if so how much does the pass cost on the PS Store? My phone doesn't let me access the PS Store to find out :(
    The 360 did, it allowed you to play the co-op missions and multiplayer. The pass comes in the box, or you can purchase. I assume the same for the ps3 ?

• killersrquiet 5 Jun 2013 14:54:40 1,856 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't speak for the ps3 version although id expect the same system as Xbox. It uses the uplay passport you can rank up in multiplayer until level 10 or something then you need the get a new pass.

To be.honest only a few hundred people play mp and co-op. After playing the mp you'd be glad not to waste money on an online pass
  • killersrquiet 5 Jun 2013 14:54:46 1,856 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't speak for the ps3 version although id expect the same system as Xbox. It uses the uplay passport you can rank up in multiplayer until level 10 or something then you need the get a new pass.

To be.honest only a few hundred people play mp and co-op. After playing the mp you'd be glad not to waste money on an online pass
  • Nitrous 5 Jun 2013 20:35:23 337 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Having completed Ghost Recon FS in co-op me and a mate thought we'd give FarCry 3 a go. It didn't take us long to decide that it wasn't going to be very good but we carried on regardless until problems started to show.

1st bug: Knife kill and the AI was still standing but dead.
    2nd bug: I died on a bridge and my character disappeared from screen.
    3rd bug: The game crashed...

Single player is great fun tho!
  • Deleted user 5 June 2013 21:13:38
    Ordered this in the week, hopefully should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to playing it. I am tempted to put it on hold though with TLOU out next friday.
  • coastal 6 Jun 2013 08:23:18 5,377 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are the servers running fine now for the PC version? Just bought this for £15 from amazon.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• DaM 6 Jun 2013 11:56:51 12,901 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is this hard at the start, or I am just really shit? Spent last night trying to find a goat to shoot and skin, kept getting ambushed by big gangs of those angry young men in red, rabid dogs, fucking tigers....
  • X201 6 Jun 2013 12:05:24 15,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Is this hard at the start, or I am just really shit? Spent last night trying to find a goat to shoot and skin, kept getting ambushed by big gangs of those angry young men in red, rabid dogs, fucking tigers....
    If you take out the gang headquarters for a region it removes those patrols.

Other than that, yep things attack you.

Edited by X201 at 12:05:54 06-06-2013
  • imamazed 6 Jun 2013 12:07:26 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tigers in particular are bar stewards. Strongly remember one creeping on me once whilst I was sniping an outpost. Cue panicky grenades, alarms going off and a quick mauling.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 6 Jun 2013 12:12:05 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    especially when you have to off one with a bow and arrow for a hunt mission.
  • imamazed 6 Jun 2013 12:15:20 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeh, there's one hunt mission where you have to end three, yes THREE, leopards with a bow and arrow. Madness.
  • krushing 6 Jun 2013 12:25:55 777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Yeh, there's one hunt mission where you have to end three, yes THREE, leopards with a bow and arrow. Madness.
    Easy enough if you spot them first - all of them. Otherwise at least one of them is bound to sink its claws into your backside when you're finishing off another one. But yeah, it took a couple of tries...
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Jun 2013 13:54:23 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    krushing wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Easy enough if you spot them first - all of them. Otherwise at least one of them is bound to sink its claws into your backside when you're finishing off another one. But yeah, it took a couple of tries...
    Don't forget to use the varios salves as well. I always made sure I took several before going on the hunting missions :)

• Pumpatron 6 Jun 2013 15:28:45 374 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DaM

It starts off tricky due to a lack of weapons and inability to hold much ammo etc. But once you get a weapon for close, mid and long range (plus a silencer) and have done some crafting, which doesn't take that long really, it becomes pretty easy.

I'd recommend playing playing on at least hard, and turing off the awareness indicators (with them turned on it was too easy to avoid being seen I found, it sucked a lot of the danger and randomness from encounters)

I also wouldn't recommend taking over too many outposts, the world can feel a bit empty and lacking in danger if you do. Depends what you want though, some people like to explore without the danger of pirates attacking them, but i'd find that boring.
  • Deleted user 6 June 2013 15:38:50
    So yeah done the first couple of missions (over taking an out post).. now its at that awkward stage where i'm not sure what to do. So much items on the menu. So i just drove around for a bit.

Edited by joelstinton at 15:39:08 06-06-2013
  • ronuds 6 Jun 2013 16:53:56 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Find the animals you'll need to kill in order to hold more ammo, health and weapons. Seemed almost a necessity, imo.

Complete missions in between.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 6 Jun 2013 17:02:31 6,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I completed all of the gang member missions where you have to use a knife on the leader but none of the animal ones.

I think I tried two, one was a black panther with a bow and arrow, the other was two sharks, again with a fricken bow and arrow, wtf :D

Gave it half an hour then gave up; lifes too short tbh.
  • thedaveeyres 6 Jun 2013 17:07:49 10,695 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hunter's Instinct is your friend.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Triggerhappytel 23 Jul 2013 20:24:32 2,671 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I started playing this last week. Done about 10 hours so far, I've done all the side activities on the first island besides collecting all the letters and relics. I've got most of the upgrades, and in terms of story I've just met Buck and I'm looking to get some ancient knife for him. Really enjoying it overall, but I think the plot is shite and I dislike Jason and his friends quite strongly. I'm having a lot more fun arsing around, exploring, fighting wildlife, climbing radio towers and taking guard outposts than any of the plot or the story missions so far.
  • Triggerhappytel 26 Jul 2013 01:17:08 2,671 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God, the plot in this is so fucking bad. I've just killed Vaas, and it's ridiculous the number of chances he had to kill Jason. There was the game's beginning when Jason's in the cell with his brother, the time Jason's tied up next to his girlfriend in the house that sets alight, after the helicopter crash when he shoots the lighter (oh do fuck off), and the time Vaas pushes him into the water with the concrete block. Then he gets the drop on Jason at lest one other time, when Jason is in his compound hunting him. It got stupid the number of times Vaas could and should just shot him dead. I wouldn't care if it didn't take itself so seriously the rest of the time. Similarly, fighting the drug-induced monster in Citra's compound was just shitty, and I hated the fucking QTE boss battle with Buck.

A really fun game for just messing around and getting into dynamic combat scenarios, but fuck me is the plot just a load of shite. I've done just about everything on the first island and my interest is petering out a little, so I'll probably just speed through most of the second island.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 01:17:52 26-07-2013
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 09:15:12 5,524 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not being funny, but I think you've totally missed the point of the story. I actually think it's one of the better game stories out there, but it is subtle.
  • Triggerhappytel 26 Jul 2013 09:56:58 2,671 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Very well; please enlighten me. I think dressing everything up under the excuse of some purple haze is not an excuse for totally illogical decisions or shitty gameplay, but if I've missed something I'll gladly hear your thoughts.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 09:57:21 26-07-2013
  • Page

of 79 First / Last