• Page

of 78 First / Last

• robthehermit 16 Jan 2013 15:26:15 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:

Did a simple fetch quest to get some leaves and kill some boar.  All was going well until I was swimming for the blue ones and a fucking crocodile monched on my leg.  I shat myself.  I got stabby, it sank and i got an achievement.  Woohoo!  I couldn't skin it though. Is that right? 
    You should be able to skin crocodiles, although they are one of the few creatures whose skin can't be used for crafting and is just sold for a bit of cash.
    Don't you need to progress a bit further in to get that 'skill' though?

My memory is hazy, but I remember trying to skin animals right away and not being able to until you learn how to do it.
    Part of the mission is to skin some boar, so I wouldn't have thought that was the problem. More likely the trying to find the random 3 pixels that will let you loot or skin is the trouble.

Edited by robthehermit at 15:26:34 16-01-2013

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• kinky_mong 16 Jan 2013 15:35:13 9,597 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    I need to throw more stones. I'm on the last couple of missions on the 2nd island, nd it's looking likely that the only achievements I won't have are the stone throwing one and the 6 co-op missions. Unfortunately I've killed every hostile outside of the story missions so there's no one left to distract. I'll have to try getting it by clearing up the last few Wanted missions I suppose.
    There's one of the Trials of the Rykiat missions that is a good place to grind out the stone throws, can't remember the name of it but it's the one where you start with just a silenced pistol.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Vortex808 16 Jan 2013 15:42:53 6,552 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:

Part of the mission is to skin some boar, so I wouldn't have thought that was the problem. More likely the trying to find the random 3 pixels that will let you loot or skin is the trouble.
    :) That's right. Skin 3x boar and pick some pretty flowers wasn't it?

Missions did tend to mess stuff up. I hated accidentally activating a mission by exploring a bit too closely.
  • robthehermit 16 Jan 2013 17:13:17 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kinky_mong cheers, I'll give that a try.

• crashVoodoo 17 Jan 2013 11:02:46 3,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This games is awesome.  I played it for another 3 hours last night and started to explore and get around a bit more.

I love scoping out compounds, running and sliding from cover to cover and planning the attack.  Singling people out with rocks and then pouncing with the knife never gets old.

I did a wanted missing on a tiny island.  I circled my way around in the water planning and counting enemies. Then I crept up the hillside and crouched in the bushes waiting for my moment.  I drew him towards me with rocks and then the all important RS highlight popped up.

I dashed from the bushes and plunged the knife into his throat, he gurgled into silence and as the life slowly seeped from his eyes i dragged him back into the bushes.

Achievement ... In cold blood. 

Borderlands is definitely on hold for now.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• motti82 17 Jan 2013 12:07:14 2,810 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had this since Monday, all other multiplayer games have taken a back seat.

The shark and tiger attacks don't half shock you, especially when wearing some headphones! Managed to drop the tiger though, gimme that pelt, crafting ahoy.

I've avoided the story as much as possible, can't best the Rambo moments of pinging enemies in outposts with just the bow.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 17:03:17
    I can't get past the intro sequence...

Throw a rock to distract the two guards, they keep turning round too fast. Been months since I played a game but fuck me I'm not usually this bad.
  • ronuds 17 Jan 2013 17:05:00 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you crouching? You can pretty much walk right up to these guys and they're oblivious to your presence.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 17:05:38
    Two rocks did it \o/

I'm amazing.
  • X201 17 Jan 2013 17:08:18 14,692 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the intro is one of the worst parts of the game.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 18 Jan 2013 09:11:15 12,734 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished! I loved this game. The characters are superb, taking on outposts is magical the world is beautiful.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2013 09:38:52
    "Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?"

No Vass, but I have watched my kitten trying to catch ALL the snowflakes and I'm pretty certain that was it.

And yes,as a story device the intro is fine but as a piece of mechanical game design, it's awful.
  • chrisno21 18 Jan 2013 09:54:39 1,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    I think the intro is one of the worst parts of the game.
    Yep, it's glitchy - it took me 3 runs only becuase it seemed glitchy as to wether the guards would do what they were planned to do. One of the only occasions i thought a scripted qte would be better.

Rest of the game has been great so far.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• crashVoodoo 19 Jan 2013 09:33:54 3,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I've put about 10 hours into this now and its just getting better.  The QTE style set pieces and hallucination scenes can eat a dick though.  They do nothing for me and I find them a chore, especially the hallucination ones where I'm forced to walk slowly as some shut plays out.

I've hardly touched the main missions at all.  Spent the majority of the time in the bushes like some kind of poacher.  Pretty sure I've hunted and killed every animal now with the exception of dingo.  Where the hell are they?!

Compounds are without a doubt the the most fun though now that I've got the recipe for fiery arrows.  Sneaking around and mining all the exits, then getting to higher ground and unleashing fiery hell.  Ah the screams :-)

Just finished a mission that involved me burning fields.  Drug fields!  All kinds of fun.  Didn't even bother with the flame thrower at all.  I was running and sliding from cover around the outskirts and the throwing Molotov's in.  Didn't want to get too close in case i ended up warped out of my face as they torched.  Did the entire mission unseen and then sailed away in style with all the barrels still exploding behind me.  #smug

Edited by crashVoodoo at 09:40:42 19-01-2013

• Bawsy74 19 Jan 2013 12:10:29 142 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Damn coop. Twice I've played through the second mission...once as host...and the achievement didn't pop in either run. It's one of only 3 games I am ever likely to 100%, or so I thought. Loved the sp though, has to be said.
  • jablonski 19 Jan 2013 13:09:58 1,708 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Stunning game. Just finished.
    But having the two major boss kills as some sort of unexplained hallucination is a total anti-climax.
    Really really pissed me off. Just leave that to Arkham Asylum, where it worked on the very first Scarecrow bit brilliantly.

Edited by jablonski at 13:10:22 19-01-2013
  • Iain815 19 Jan 2013 15:59:01 385 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished it the other day, quite simply fantastic. Probably to most I've enjoyed a game since Deux Ex.

IMO it sets the bar for stealth in FPS games. It just worked so beautifully. And every FPS from now on needs that shoot-from-cover system.

I was actually amazed how many features from the original E3 demo years ago were in it, like the knife throw, back then I assumed it was just for show. Nothing more satisfying than a picking off an entire base one by one and finishing off the last two with a knife takedown/throw/grenade boot up the arse.
  • crashVoodoo 20 Jan 2013 12:08:12 3,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    Finished it the other day, quite simply fantastic. Probably to most I've enjoyed a game since Deux Ex.

IMO it sets the bar for stealth in FPS games. It just worked so beautifully. And every FPS from now on needs that shoot-from-cover system.

I was actually amazed how many features from the original E3 demo years ago were in it, like the knife throw, back then I assumed it was just for show. Nothing more satisfying than a picking off an entire base one by one and finishing off the last two with a knife takedown/throw/grenade boot up the arse.
    How often do you skill points to spend.  I was getting them in singles and then the next time I looked I had 7.

Anyways I saved them up and kept checking the skills until some more of the fun ones opened up (close quarters skills ;-)) and then spent the lot.

I've not had a chance to try them out yet though but I reckon I'll be a knifey, multi killing, auto pickpocketing, grenade pulling ninja monster.

• robthehermit 22 Jan 2013 09:47:26 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And finished. Now for Deus Ex or Dishonored.

• smoothpete 22 Jan 2013 10:25:21 31,017 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dishonored is the dogs bollocks.
  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 10:26:05 21,544 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Dishonored is the dogs bollocks.
    Quite. GOTY 2012.
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Jan 2013 10:26:55 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deus Ex is also the dogs bollocks though.

Play both.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 10:27:11 22-01-2013

"Look at banner Michael!"

• smoothpete 22 Jan 2013 10:30:12 31,017 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I found Deus Ex to be a bit clunky. I wanted to enjoy it but sadly could not.
  • kinky_mong 22 Jan 2013 10:33:57 9,597 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To offer a counter-opinion Deus Ex is fantastic while Dishonored bored me to tears.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• smoothpete 22 Jan 2013 10:40:48 31,017 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Would you like a go on my roundabout? Will swap you for a go on your swing ;)
  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 10:45:14
    Absolutely loving this.

Cassowaries scare the hell out of me though!
  • krushing 22 Jan 2013 11:43:36 776 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing the co-op for a few nights with randoms - it's surprisingly fun when you end up with some of the more careful/sneaky players, and fairly messy with the usual shoot-everything-as-soon-as-you-see-a-pixel-move -types. Probably the biggest problem is ending up playing Sidetracked over and over again, as it's not very clearly indicated that you're the host and that you can actually choose the chapter. But when it clicks, it's super fun and seems to scale just right for the player amount.
  • crashVoodoo 22 Jan 2013 16:54:35 3,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    To offer a counter-opinion Deus Ex is fantastic while Dishonored bored me to tears.
    What kinky_mong said

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 25 Jan 2013 10:23:46 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Getting bored of the exploration and sandbox island, hunting and crafting, taking out pirates etc.

Personally, I hope it goes leftfield with a stupid boss battle against a 70 foot ink monster, and other literal metaphors of drug induced mental struggles.

The odd quick time event wouldn't go a miss either.
  • mikeck 25 Jan 2013 10:54:00 1,837 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine :p
  • Page

of 78 First / Last