Far Cry 3 Page 70

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• kinky_mong 10 Jan 2013 12:48:12 9,941 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played my first online co-op game last night and it went without a hitch, but I do agree the lobby system is poor. I had to quit the first game because it put me straight into the last mission, it really needs an option to choose the map and difficulty first then put you into an available lobby or give you a list to choose from.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• wogsy81 10 Jan 2013 13:47:34 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Maturin 10 Jan 2013 17:36:08 2,889 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I suppose that the middle ground would be to still have plenty of enemy patrols even in friendly areas.
  • ronuds 10 Jan 2013 17:49:17 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It doesn't seem they were too concerned with providing longevity beyond beating everything that's available from the beginning.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, imo, as doing so will take a pretty long time. I don't see what the hubub is about, tbh: I don't find myself pining to return to any of the areas I've already had a run through. There isn't a whole lot to do there in the first place!
  • beastmaster 10 Jan 2013 18:58:23 11,144 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JJJEEESSSUUUSSS!!!!!

Just had my first encounter with a crocodile. Swimming along with not a care in the world when WHAM!!! Holy fucking fuck!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• reddevil93 10 Jan 2013 19:05:52 11,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ha, had the same reaction for my 1st croc, shark and bear. How do such big things manage to sneak up!

• oldschoolsoviet 10 Jan 2013 19:37:44 5,457 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dodgy/premeditated spawns.

I hid in bushes that were suddenly tiger occupied within half a second of leaving them. The wildlife spotting syringe shows up the 'magic' pretty well.......
  • heyyo 10 Jan 2013 21:40:38 14,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just had a few goes of online multiplayer, TDM...

Horrendous!
  • trihardertom 12 Jan 2013 13:51:21 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi all,

I've been playing the excellent Far Cry 3 on 360 a lot recently but after coming back to the game this morning, my saves have reverted to my place in the game about a week ago. I was (potential spoiler) getting the third piece of the compass for Buck, now I'm back talking to Willis before getting the flame thrower!

Any ideas why it would do this or how I could get the right saves back? After all, it obviously kept these old ones even though they'd been overwritten. Please help if you can. I love the game, but I'd spent ages doing missions, hunting and taking over camps. Just don't get it!

Cheers
  • D_arkTrooper 12 Jan 2013 17:18:18 1,295 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So the PS3 version has been patched and now it's finally possible to collect ALL the relics (including the one in the cave underneath the mansion) if you missed it the first time.

Fixes

Edited by D_arkTrooper at 17:19:45 12-01-2013

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• Deleted user 12 January 2013 17:27:49
    @heyyo Yeah, have to say I gave it a go but wow, it's horrendously broken and unfair.
  • beebo 13 Jan 2013 01:41:40 3 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't hear it but could be in there... Stereo-Sound; useful to know which way to run while being sprayed with bullets or to quickly kill the dog or lizard snapping at your heel.
  • robthehermit 13 Jan 2013 02:00:04 3,966 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does anyone else get tortoise guilt when they accidentally blow one up?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• mcmothercruncher 13 Jan 2013 18:16:10 6,426 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a good go on the co-op this weekend and I'm really impressed. Very much a Left For Dead type feel and great fun. Rubbish lobby though, I agree- I've had to quit multiple games once loaded because I want the trophy attached to another map, probably pissing loads of people off. How you can't just choose what map you want to play on and the difficulty and then search for games is beyond me.
    Well worth a look though if you haven't yet.
  • D_arkTrooper 14 Jan 2013 10:56:20 1,295 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that lobby confuses me no end. Sometimes I can just hammer the select button and then it gives me the choice of which map I want and the skill level and other times it just throws me in a random game. I still managed to get kicked seemingly from my own game as well.

Finally dropped the Platinum trophy last night after getting control of the map choices and nailing the last 3 missions. All pretty good fun tho.

• Ultrasoundwave 15 Jan 2013 09:38:04 3,264 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quick question for those who have finished :

Been really taking my time with this game, doing all the side missions, lots of hunting, driving around,etc. Finally got back to the main story last night : got the bit where i go into that tomb for Buck and come out with another piece of that compass.

Any idea how far i am away from the end of the story?, also, once you've completed the story, can you keep playing to finish off other bits?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• smoothpete 15 Jan 2013 09:44:47 31,318 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably about half way through, and yes you can carry on doing the other bits after you've done the story
  • Ultrasoundwave 15 Jan 2013 11:50:31 3,264 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers Pete - great game, easily one of the best from last year. Also, i've heard the MP is shite, but is the co-op any good?, havent had a chance to try it yet.....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• D_arkTrooper 15 Jan 2013 11:54:47 1,295 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The co-op is not too bad really. There are "only" 6x missions but they are quite long. Split screen is pretty good but Ubi made a complete dogs dinner of the lobby system (as already mentioned earlier)when playing online co-op.

Edited by D_arkTrooper at 11:55:33 15-01-2013

• ElNino9 15 Jan 2013 15:55:43 13,285 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is part of the map unacecssible due to DLC? There's a huge are full of outposts and radio towers that I can't access - the game just prevents me from going there.

I'm pretty near the end of the game, too.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• captbirdseye 15 Jan 2013 15:56:23 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's the 2nd island which opens up.

Edited by captbirdseye at 15:57:05 15-01-2013
  • X201 15 Jan 2013 16:02:48 15,124 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's on about the portion in the top left of the map.

Looks like DLC as certain parts of the map have a blue edge to them, whereas others don't.
  • captbirdseye 15 Jan 2013 16:05:12 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahh sorry, I remember trying to access outposts but the game wouldn't let me until I'd completed a certain part of the story.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Jan 2013 10:27:16 3,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've just swapped dishonoured for this with someone.  To be honest, beyond someone saying it was really good I'd not seen any screenshots or footage for it.  I just remember playing the original on PC and not really liking it much.

Just watched 2 videos and I'm excited for it now.  Looks flipping amazing!

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:30:55 16-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• captbirdseye 16 Jan 2013 10:29:31 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decent game if you can get past the horrible 'bro' characters.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Jan 2013 15:04:11 3,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Decent game if you can get past the horrible 'bro' characters.
    Don't know why I quoted you originally. Sorry

Anyways, I managed to grab an hour on it before picking my son up from nursery.  I was taking it slow to make sure I could take it all in. I'm only on the simple intro missions at the moment but the setting is glorious and the scope for stealth has me hooked already

Did a simple fetch quest to get some leaves and kill some boar.  All was going well until I was swimming for the blue ones and a fucking crocodile monched on my leg.  I shat myself.  I got stabby, it sank and i got an achievement.  Woohoo!  I couldn't skin it though. Is that right? 

Next mission involved me doing an outpost.  I stealthily crept around the outskirts performing recon to see what I'd have to deal with and after planning it all out and deciding where to attack first I fucked up and threw a rock and causing everyone to group around its location, which just so happened to be 2 foot in front of me.

Aww shit ... What to do, what to do ....

GRENADE!!!

Outpost won :-)

Cannot wait to play more.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:05:53 16-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• kinky_mong 16 Jan 2013 15:09:06 9,941 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:

Did a simple fetch quest to get some leaves and kill some boar.  All was going well until I was swimming for the blue ones and a fucking crocodile monched on my leg.  I shat myself.  I got stabby, it sank and i got an achievement.  Woohoo!  I couldn't skin it though. Is that right? 
    You should be able to skin crocodiles, although they are one of the few creatures whose skin can't be used for crafting and is just sold for a bit of cash.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• spindle9988 16 Jan 2013 15:09:33 3,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I throw a stone by mistake every 5 mins on this game
  • Vortex808 16 Jan 2013 15:22:09 6,933 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:

You should be able to skin crocodiles, although they are one of the few creatures whose skin can't be used for crafting and is just sold for a bit of cash.
    Don't you need to progress a bit further in to get that 'skill' though?

My memory is hazy, but I remember trying to skin animals right away and not being able to until you learn how to do it.
  • robthehermit 16 Jan 2013 15:24:06 3,966 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I need to throw more stones. I'm on the last couple of missions on the 2nd island, nd it's looking likely that the only achievements I won't have are the stone throwing one and the 6 co-op missions. Unfortunately I've killed every hostile outside of the story missions so there's no one left to distract. I'll have to try getting it by clearing up the last few Wanted missions I suppose.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Page

of 79 First / Last