Far Cry 3 Page 67

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 11:08:14 10,727 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Anyone else find the bullet sponge animals an utter pain?
    Nope, I got the Bull shotgun pretty early on and there's not much that gun can't put down in one shot.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Lexx87 3 Jan 2013 11:31:00 20,863 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bnazir

bnazir wrote:
    Love this game. I'm fortunate enough to have a PC that allows the game to run on ultra at 1080/60fps. Breathtaking visuals, it's about as close as I'm going to get at taking a fantasy beach vacation, pure escapism!
    Did you have any trouble with DX11? I had weird shadow issues with mine (googling finds lots of people). I'm running at max but only under dx9, still looks wonderful though.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Mattwow 3 Jan 2013 11:34:50 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    @bnazir

bnazir wrote:
    Love this game. I'm fortunate enough to have a PC that allows the game to run on ultra at 1080/60fps. Breathtaking visuals, it's about as close as I'm going to get at taking a fantasy beach vacation, pure escapism!
    Did you have any trouble with DX11? I had weird shadow issues with mine (googling finds lots of people). I'm running at max but only under dx9, still looks wonderful though.
    I have no problem with DX11 running at max settings.

Edited by Mattwow at 11:35:04 03-01-2013

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• MrWonderstuff 3 Jan 2013 12:51:50 1,954 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DX11 is no go for me. The frame drop isn't worth it. 60fps @ 1080p under DX9 is fine by me.
  • Mattwow 3 Jan 2013 13:46:40 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff

With my above set up running at max seeings with DX11 what fram rate should i be getting?

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• Leeky 3 Jan 2013 14:30:56 48 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @welshben23 I have been playing MOH since day one though :)
  • Leeky 3 Jan 2013 14:33:38 48 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Yep. Whilst I love the island and stealth mechanics of this game, other elements are very badly implemented. I have just hit an awful Max Payne style dream sequence mission that has put a cherry on top of the awful 'mystical' storyline cake and given me indigestion.

No way is this GOTY for me, although it flattered to deceive at first glance - a very good engine let down by cookie cutter missions and a seriously dull and laughable storyline.
    Beginning to agree :(
  • robthehermit 3 Jan 2013 14:34:47 4,255 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Nope, I got the Bull shotgun pretty early on and there's not much that gun can't put down in one shot.
    This. Awesome gun, one shots bears if you take their face off, every other animal, pretty much anywhere on them will do the trick.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 14:38:38 10,727 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    This. Awesome gun, one shots bears if you take their face off, every other animal, pretty much anywhere on them will do the trick.
    Yep, that shotty, the Shredder SMG and the recurve bow with the handy sight that shows you the distance to aim at are basically what I've been rolling with for most of the game. Pretty much has me ready for any situation.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• ronuds 3 Jan 2013 14:40:39 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And where might one acquire such a shotgun?
  • kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 14:42:20 10,727 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It unlocks for activating a certain number of radio towers I think.

• kingnothing12 3 Jan 2013 14:45:14 574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mattwow wrote:
    @MrWonderstuff

With my above set up running at max seeings with DX11 what fram rate should i be getting?
    Only an SLi or crossfire system can run this game at a locked 1080p 60fps, I'm running a AMD Fx 8150 clocked at 4.4ghz, 16gb ddr3 ram and a R7970 msi edition and even I have frame rate drops. I'm running mostly on max but a couple of settings i dropped down to make it more stable.

I'm finding that with a new pc I tend to look more a FRAPs than play the bloody game, so i've turned it off now and i'm enjoying it so much more.
  • ronuds 3 Jan 2013 14:49:50 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I googled: You get it with finding relics.

Speaking of which - how come I'll be standing on top of a relic symbol on my map, but I can't find any relics? I've been dreaming that there's some massive system of caves, but somehow I doubt it.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:51:43 11,955 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

Speaking of which - how come I'll be standing on top of a relic symbol on my map, but I can't find any relics? I've been dreaming that there's some massive system of caves, but somehow I doubt it.
    There are a huge amount of caves, sometimes with difficult to find entrances, there's also underground areas to be accessed via wells.

• kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 14:53:30 10,727 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

Ah okay, it won't be that many relics though as I've had it from very early on and only have about 30 relics in total now after about 18 hours of playing.

• FWB 3 Jan 2013 14:55:09 45,213 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are tons of caves and the entrance might be a distance away. If near the coast, look for something there.

Then storyline missions have improved a tad on the second island. Like the infiltration stuff.
  • ronuds 3 Jan 2013 14:55:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

There are a huge amount of caves, sometimes with difficult to find entrances, there's also underground areas to be accessed via wells.
    All lies!
  • wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 16:33:01 755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has anyone here bought a pre-owned Far Cry 3 or is planning too? Because i have a spare uplay pass for this game here if anyone wants it. Its used for the MP, CO-OP, map sharing etc.

I have a spare because a couple of weeks ago after finishing FC3 i traded it in. Come a week later i missed playing the game and went and bought it again. I got a new copy as it was the same price as the new.

So yeahh, spare uplay pass if anyone needs it.
  • Mattwow 3 Jan 2013 17:35:05 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Has anyone here bought a pre-owned Far Cry 3 or is planning too? Because i have a spare uplay pass for this game here if anyone wants it. Its used for the MP, CO-OP, map sharing etc.

I have a spare because a couple of weeks ago after finishing FC3 i traded it in. Come a week later i missed playing the game and went and bought it again. I got a new copy as it was the same price as the new.

So yeahh, spare uplay pass if anyone needs it.
    I would be very graefull to use it, I bought a pre owned copy.

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 17:51:02 755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mattwow PM sent brother.
  • robthehermit 3 Jan 2013 18:18:30 4,255 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

All lies!
    Check the handbook from the pause menu for the unlocks. White stars are the Signature Weapons, Blue stars are achievements and Gold stars are recipes. Completing 6 Rakyat challenges will unlock a weapon, as will collecting x amount of relics, letters etc. When you're looking at the map, the black dots are cave entrances/exits, a lot of which lead to relics. Also, cashing in your uplay points will unlock The Cannon, a rather nice Magnum that has a scope and does a shitload of damage. When relic hunting, a few of them are rather deep under the sea and can be hard to find/get to. Don't panic though, you don't have to worry about having enough air to get back to the surface, you can just grab the relic and then fast travel to any safe house.

• ronuds 3 Jan 2013 18:44:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll have a look. Seems like I've been missing quite a bit. :D
  • sanctusmortis 3 Jan 2013 19:54:15 9,707 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Signature weapons:

Tanto: double damage of normal knife, unlocks with 6 Lost Letters.
    Bull: extra damage mod, extended magazine, and red dot shotty, 10 relics to unlock in shops.
    AMR: 20 relics, ridiculously powerful sniper. Unsilenced and uses explosive rounds, which is bad.
    Shadow: 17 outposts, 1911 pistol with extended clip, sight and suppressor.
    Cannon: Uplay points, Magnum with extended barrel, sight and extended clip.
    Ripper: 6 Trials of the Rakyat passed to unlock, an LMG with scope and extended magazine with lowered recoil and better accuracy and power.
    Shredder: 10 memory cards to unlock, SMG with reflex sight and silencer and extended clip.
    Bushman: Get all the radio towers, assault rifle with suppressor, optical scope and extended magazine. Only way to get a suppressed P416.

On second island now, thinking I'll spend my time getting all the towers now that I'm in disguise and people won't attack me.
  • wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 20:15:22 755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Im just starting my second playthrough and the info posted in the last few posts is a cracking help. I didn't know about them, may i see beastly weapons. The AMR sounds like my kinda gun.

Muchos.
  • Lexx87 3 Jan 2013 20:17:48 20,863 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am i missing something here about the story?

Why is it hated so much exactly? Enjoyable so far for me. The characters I don't hate, what some sky diving americans are cunts automatically now?

Anyhoo, guess doesn't matter!

Speak the truth hussy!

• robthehermit 3 Jan 2013 20:36:55 4,255 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bushman is the only weapon I don't have yet. Sounds very nice though. When I get to the second island towers shall be my priority.

Also to wogsy81 and others who haven't got any yet, they appear in their own category in the shop, except the Tanto which appears under melee weapons. You'll need to extend your wallets to get some of them, as they're quite pricey.

• wogsy81 3 Jan 2013 21:00:00 755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    what some sky diving americans are cunts automatically now?

Yes. They always have been.
    Unless your name is Bodhi or Johhny Utah.
  • FogHeart 3 Jan 2013 22:21:03 961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Lexx87 You will come to know and dislike the characters after you've rescued them and especially after you've seen flashbacks (hint: Eat Me!) but the first clue that they're wankers comes in the video on the smartphone when they toast their parents' black cards (these are credit cards without spending limits).

The story missions are patchy. Some are straight up firefights, some require stealth, both are OK, even pretty good. Even exploration missions aren't bad. But there are these game-ruining boss fights under 'psychedelic conditions' that you will want to forget.
  • FWB 4 Jan 2013 01:41:36 45,213 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished. Glad I could kill my friends and died myself. They were all dickheads; deserved zero time. Of course it made no sense whatsoever at the end, but then that didn't surprise me given the way the game was going, Last few fights were shite, continuing the generic on-rails theme. The world made the game, and the best bits were taking over outposts. Alas this contributed nothing to the story and was a waste of time in regards to the end. Think I'll go and play Deus Ex again to remedy this. What is Dishonored's story like?

Oh and agree about the boss fights. Probably the worst I've come across in a game for... since I can remember. Game of the year? Played little from 2012, but if this was really as good as it got, then I'm glad I didn't. Some lovely moments and nice design in places, ruined by an awful story, which was completely detached from what you did. 6/10. Suggest the developers go and play Skyrim for Farcry 4.

Edited by FWB at 01:50:27 04-01-2013
  • bnazir 4 Jan 2013 02:55:38 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't get the hate on this game regarding the story and why it is being singled out. Sure, it's not the best, but you have a ton of other free form things to do on the island. In fact, the story provides a nice alternative to dip into from time to time when you want something else to do besides taking out outposts, hunting, exploring or other side quests. If you play this game just for the story, you may be disappointed, but then your missing the point of the entire game IMHO.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last