Far Cry 3 Page 60

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• andytheadequate 23 Dec 2012 00:24:18 8,379 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Argh, stupid phone lost my post.

Are goats common in this game? Haven't found one yet...

And thanks tricky, will try doing that and see if it helps
  • MadCaddy13 23 Dec 2012 00:36:35 2,077 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Specs. BULLSHIT! What am I in here for anyway? I friggin trades it in for peanuts today.
  • Mr-Brett 23 Dec 2012 00:49:36 12,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's some really bizarre reactions to some innocent mentioning of technical aspect of the game in this thread. You guys don't know how good you have it, you should have been in the battlefield threads in the early days, those were war zones!

The "PC Guys" and their "specs bullshit" are having an innocent conversation so ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. There's really no call for being a prat.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Popzeus 23 Dec 2012 01:00:46 8,427 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andytheadequate Yeah, there are goats aplenty. Trick is to look at the map, find a picture of a goat and set a waypoint on it.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• andytheadequate 23 Dec 2012 01:01:04 8,379 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Indeed, should be pitying pc gamers for having to talk about this shit to get the game to work, rather than hurling abuse like morons. As Brett says, just ignore it if you want to talk about the gameplay.

Goats appear on the map?!

Edited by andytheadequate at 01:01:59 23-12-2012
  • Popzeus 23 Dec 2012 01:01:38 8,427 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this tonight, BTW. No exaggeration to call it my favourite game of this generation.

• Mr-Brett 23 Dec 2012 01:07:12 12,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andy, maybe you're map is too far zoomed out? the animal icons only show closer in. I ended up having to herd some goats out of the first village to so I could shoot them, so that might not be a bad place to look. I think they appear to the west/north of the village.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Popzeus 23 Dec 2012 01:15:37 8,427 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else found the rusty trombone in a loot container yet by the way? Only ever seen it once so assuming it's a rare drop!

• INSOMANiAC 23 Dec 2012 01:35:51 3,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    670 gtx, runs lovely at about 50fps. True story.

Had an issue with the joypad when sometimes selecting htings with x the gun would start pointing towards the sky or floor on its own everytime I zoomed in but since the patch this hasnt happened thanks fuck

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• wogsy81 23 Dec 2012 01:36:17 759 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well i completed this last week and i agree with most of you. It's a brilliant game. Its a bit too short for my liking and it felt like to me that a fat chunk of this game was definitely sliced off to make release.

The second island felt so rushed.
    I done everything in the game (except 3 blue missions) in just over 20 hours. And i took my bloody time by running/driving everywhere, exploring etc.

It's never a 10/10 game obviously. Its a high 8 at best.
    The game is a tad to easy for me, and im a guy who struggles on normal difficulty settings most of the time.
    As soon as i got a silenced sniper rifle (which was very early on) then the game was a walk in the park. Albeit a very very fun walk in the park :)
    Liberating the camps really never got old for me. I would have liked a few more to do.

Multiplayer wise, i never played any team deathmatch competitive type stuff as quite frankly, i couldn't be arsed. But I played and really enjoyed the co-op missions and completed all 6 of them.
    It really does feel like a cheap, beta type version of Left 4 Dead but hey, i think left 4 dead is awesome so im not complaining.

The co-op missions on normal were actually far more of a challenge then the single player was. The rallying call system was pretty fun and with 3 half decent players i found it a hoot. I got a good 10 hours enjoyment from them co-op missions and would gladly do more.

One thing though is the lobby system and setup for joining/creating lobbies is a total joke and its best for me not to even mention it at all.

But anyways, i really enjoyed this game.

Good but short single player combined with a good but severely lacking in polish multiplayer. Defo worth a punt!

8.8/10

Edited by wogsy81 at 01:40:00 23-12-2012
  • BravoGolf Moderator 23 Dec 2012 02:45:02 12,754 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would you want multiplayer in Polish :-P?
  • m0thr4 23 Dec 2012 04:28:54 787 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As was probably obvious to anyone who checked out the silhouettes of PSN's "12 Deals of Christmas" on Far Cry 3's launch day... it's on offer today - £24.99. Holding off was painful, but worth it.
  • m0thr4 23 Dec 2012 04:58:59 787 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Physically_Insane "Weird, working now. I tried like 10 times and it's now decided to work. Entered the same exact code each time. Must of been on their end."

Yes, well... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

;-)

Edited by m0thr4 at 04:59:15 23-12-2012
  • silentbob 23 Dec 2012 08:09:37 29,029 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lyserberg wrote:
    Stuttering is usually a sign of not enough ram or a CPU bottleneck, if you can list the whole PC spec on here maybe we'll be able to identify the source of the problem.
    Also make sure your drivers are up to date, NVIDIA and AMD just released the perfectly optimised software gear for Far Cry 3. ;-)
    ...or HDD Bus issues, GPU thermal problems, CPU Thermal issues / settings, PSU issues ...

... so, just about anything you simpering clown.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• mrpon 23 Dec 2012 08:34:48 29,596 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speech therapy.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• MrE26 23 Dec 2012 10:19:42 1,985 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished this last night. One of the games of the generation for me. One of those games where you go to have a quick game & end up losing a few hours just randomly pissing around on the map.
  • FogHeart 23 Dec 2012 10:46:13 995 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished last night. From a technical perspective it's absolutely peerless. The story missions are a mixed bag - penetrating an ancient civilisation for the compass bits was fun, keeping Sam alive while planting explosives was not.

But every time you faced an important enemy it was a massive, massive disappointment. I mean, quick time events in some imaginary space-arena?

Many of the locations in the main story which were 'bespoke', rather than assembled from stock parts were under-used - I was too busy rushing through them with many guards behind me to actually pay attention.

Post-main story I'm actually fine revisiting the game. I've found, via game forums, a tiny hack that stops you drawing your gun until you select it via the wheel, so it's like I'm taking a virtual jog in a foreign country. There are races and shooting games and the like, but I'd have hidden them away until post-game and done more and varied races and challenges (the pilotwings thing I mentioned before).

I'm giving it a nine, losing two points for the bad bits of the main mission and redeeming a point for the good bits. From what I've read multiplayer is a similarly mixed experience.

We'll get single-player maps eventually but it's a shame that the whole thing isn't fully moddable (although like my little hack a suprising amount has been done already, check UBI's PC forum for the game). This could have total conversions into all kinds of release-quality games.
  • Syrette 23 Dec 2012 11:21:00 44,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Going to start this today.

Still debating whether to start with the co-op first.

To those who have finished the above mode, how long did it take to complete the lot?

• MadCaddy13 23 Dec 2012 11:48:43 2,077 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FogHeart hell yeh. I was hoping those space arena bits were just imaginary. How shit was that? How did Hoyt get in the situation where he had to have a knife fight with you? He had you over a friggin barrel. [\spoiler]
  • wogsy81 23 Dec 2012 12:09:15 759 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Syrette Well i done all 6 co-op missions and each mission took maybe 90 mins to 2 hours to do on normal. Thats involving a few deaths for the team here and there too.

I think just by doing the co-op missions alone that got me to lvl 30ish in multiplayer rank and helped me level up a few weapons so it will defo stand you in good stead if you plan on doing any team deathmatch type gaming.

The lobby/joining games system is quite possibly the worst ive ever seen in a multiplayer game but once your in its pretty good fun.

My tip: ammo is pretty scarce so use a hundred rounder, something which gives you a lot of ammo to begin with combined with a red dot sight. The assault rifles are pretty useless in co-op due to their poor ammo allocation. I picked a hundred rounder combined with a red dot for added range and a perk which gives me extra ammo at the start. I was an animal mate. An animal.
  • Pumpatron 23 Dec 2012 12:40:45 389 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    The second island felt so rushed.
    I done everything in the game (except 3 blue missions) in just over 20 hours. And i took my bloody time by running/driving everywhere, exploring etc.
    I've played 40 hours, finished the main story and still have half the outposts left. So it being short isn't something I'd accuse the game of, it's really dependent on how you play I think.

I haven't used fast travel, and would often go exploring for relics etc then get side-tracked with taking out patrols or saving stupid villagers from komodo dragons or those evil fucking birds, I'd also sometimes take the long way to an objective, exploring as I went. I think that's where a lot of my hours went, I'm surprised it's that many but I think FC2 was a similar length for me.

I agree about the second island, it doesn't seem as interesting as the first, though I haven't really explored it yet. I'd also agree about it being a bit too easy, I wish there was a hardcore mode that got rid of all the enemy awareness indicators etc.

Edited by Pumpatron at 12:48:42 23-12-2012
  • monkehhh 23 Dec 2012 12:50:28 3,531 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new patch lets you turn off a load of HUD stuff -
    http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/12/Far-Cry-3-options.jpg
  • Pumpatron 23 Dec 2012 13:00:07 389 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hope that patch comes to the console versions.
  • Lyserberg 23 Dec 2012 13:37:32 349 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @monkehhh I suppose you can finally do it like a real survivor. :cool:

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Syrette 23 Dec 2012 13:37:51 44,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    @Syrette Well i done all 6 co-op missions and each mission took maybe 90 mins to 2 hours to do on normal. Thats involving a few deaths for the team here and there too.
    Wow, really that long?

• mothercruncher 23 Dec 2012 15:19:21 7,896 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm enjoying it tremendously- the environment is astonishingly good.

I think the structure has a few ragged edges (the mission nag, the "lets DO this!" talk when, actually, I just fucking did it and the fact you can infinitely heal, even when you've run out of healing juice) but biggest sin of all is the central characters. I didn't mind too much at first, I was just enjoying the world, but, the more backstory I see, the more I actually hate every high fiving dudebro cunt I'm supposed to be rescuing. It was a shame that I couldn't just have sniped the blonde haired twat at the salination plant to save the bad guys, and everyone else from him.

Awesome, awesome world, mediocre story content. Still a very solid 8 for me and I've no doubt I'll finish the story and collect every single item too. Doubt I'll still be interested by the time the DLC rolls around though.

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 15:20:53 23-12-2012
  • theguy 23 Dec 2012 15:21:34 690 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a way to stop losing your things you've recently collected when you die or do you just have to save it each time?
  • Frogofdoom 23 Dec 2012 15:25:40 1,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was loving it, got through the tutorial and out in the wide world. Then sadly and rather randomly i get hard locks in the game. Minimizes to desktop and wont come back. Sometimes you will get 20 minutes, others 5. Does it across 2 sets of vga drivers and in both dx 9 and 11 modes. Such a shame as it ran like silk on high settings as well.
  • Cogsy666 23 Dec 2012 15:49:46 155 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    Is there a way to stop losing your things you've recently collected when you die or do you just have to save it each time?
    I saved after everything I picked up to be on the safe side

Rock N Grohl

• theguy 23 Dec 2012 16:31:08 690 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cogsy666 wrote:
    theguy wrote:
    I saved after everything I picked up to be on the safe side
    Thanks for the reply. I might have to start doing that

Edited by theguy at 20:26:04 23-12-2012
  • Page

of 79 First / Last