Far Cry 3 Page 44

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 December 2012 09:27:32
    @ubergine I hated it in FC2 were most of the characters spoke really quickly. I thought they were running out of disc space or something. :confused:
  • MadCaddy13 6 Dec 2012 10:16:44 2,030 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it just me or does anyone else kinda hate who you are and who your saving? The 90210 type yuppie fags with extravagant life styles. Id rather see them die personally. And your a guy who's never fired a gun before and there you are, Rambo x 10. It would be more believable if you were Jason's brother instead
  • quadfather 6 Dec 2012 10:33:52 13,136 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Is it just me or does anyone else kinda hate who you are and who your saving? The 90210 type yuppie fags with extravagant life styles. Id rather see them die personally. And your a guy who's never fired a gun before and there you are, Rambo x 10. It would be more believable if you were Jason's brother instead
    I think this has hit the nail on the head for me. I can't stand the main guy, and the other characters I've come across are repulsive.

And what's with his random shouting? I was on an early mission to rescue Lisa and I'm crawling around the camp trying to work out which way I should go, then the massive buffoon just shouts, "LIIIIISSSAAAA, I'M COMING!!"

wtf?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• PearOfAnguish 6 Dec 2012 10:43:26 7,435 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe he just got really turned on at the thought of seeing Lisa again?

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 10:43:49 06-12-2012
  • aeschylus 6 Dec 2012 11:21:49 446 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    Fantomex wrote:
    If you mess up you have to try again? That's not bad game design, that's every game EVER.

Edited by Fantomex at 08:29:18 06-12-2012
    nice straw man.

If you fail to mash the button quick enough to loosen your bonds while drowning, it just goes back to you being thrown in the pool (unskippable cut scene) and you get to mash the button again.

That is pointless game design. Why not just skip the button mashing - obviously you have to succeed so why bother with tedious game mechanics? it adds nothing.
    I think it is to keep the player involved, sure you can think why bother, but then if you are just sitting there you dont get the same involvement...

if the game said to you, right you are dead, game over... you would be none too happy.... it is hardly a massive bind, it is a 5 sec bit, but they are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.
  • RedSparrows 6 Dec 2012 11:38:07 23,836 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not really: they could just not include QTEs and make the section fully player-controlled.
  • warlockuk 6 Dec 2012 12:09:31 19,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once you've seen Too Human's unskippable death cutscene anything is forgivable.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• jamievilla 6 Dec 2012 12:19:15 566 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:

if the game said to you, right you are dead, game over... you would be none too happy.... it is hardly a massive bind, it is a 5 sec bit, but they are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.
    but it wouldn't say 'right you are dead' would it.

Think it through.
    Love how you chastise someone for apparently misrepresenting your argument but then do the exact same thing a few posts later. It's like you're a comedy character, or someone's sock. We get it, you don't like the game (or any games from the sound of it).

It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying it a lot - barely anywhere into it as well. Managed to roll a quad bike and momentum took me off the cliff and I fell head first into an outpost. Undislocating my arm didn't work for that one.
  • ModishNouns 6 Dec 2012 12:25:35 4,656 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was there a tiger? I bet there was a tiger watching somewhere.
  • bbvDJC 6 Dec 2012 12:46:22 1,762 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It states in game that you're not allowed to trespass, that's the reasoning behind it.
  • Gambit1977 6 Dec 2012 13:03:56 10,382 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whilst dressed as a soldier I came across a group of them, talking to some pirates. The pirates recognised me and shouted then everyone turned on me :lol:
  • MadCaddy13 6 Dec 2012 13:11:09 2,030 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

I think this has hit the nail on the head for me. I can't stand the main guy, and the other characters I've come across are repulsive.

And what's with his random shouting? I was on an early mission to rescue Lisa and I'm crawling around the camp trying to work out which way I should go, then the massive buffoon just shouts, "LIIIIISSSAAAA, I'M COMING!!"

wtf?
    Ah, someone agrees! You can imagine one of the characters saying 'that's so money!' At any time. Ugh.

I'm at that bit too - no need!

Vaas is a legend, wish you could play as him instead!
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Dec 2012 13:26:21 4,666 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @darkmorgado Have you fared any better with that mission dark? I had a few skill points ploughed into various melee takedowns so was okay in that regard, but found i took a path mostly along the right and through the various sheds.

Think i'm gonna have a day under the quilt and just play this, it's fa too cold for anything constructive. Just starting on the southern island too, so that's a good point to go from.
  • quadfather 6 Dec 2012 14:28:14 13,136 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

wtf?
    Ah, someone agrees! You can imagine one of the characters saying 'that's so money!' At any time. Ugh.

I'm at that bit too - no need!

Vaas is a legend, wish you could play as him instead!
    It's annoying isn't it :)

It's a good game though - but they are my 2 annoyances - the characters you just want to punch repeatedly, and the endless popups telling me I can make a bike or something.

However, watching an enemy outpost, with your guy finally in silence and then seeing tigers and those cassowary things have a go at the soldiers is massive fun. Lobbing a grenade in to create more chaos makes me automatically smile too.

As is running the soldiers over in a car repeatedly and/or bailing out of a car. I managed to arrive at an outpost at about 100 miles an hour in a jeep, pressed E at the last moment, and I was completely unscathed and watched the jeep fly into a group of soldiers. Marvellous!

Might try setting people + places on fire next, see how that goes

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Ultrasoundwave 6 Dec 2012 15:17:44 3,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else stuck four pieces of C4 to a car, driven it towards an enemy base, bailed out then pressed the trigger?

I am Schwarzenegger.

Awesome 80's Schwarzenegger, not the current botox-riddled stiff

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• b0rk 6 Dec 2012 15:20:38 2,942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where are the ammo caches on the first map? I swear I've found some but can't find then now.
  • Zerobob 6 Dec 2012 17:25:51 1,608 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Anyone else stuck four pieces of C4 to a car, driven it towards an enemy base, bailed out then pressed the trigger?

I am Schwarzenegger.

Awesome 80's Schwarzenegger, not the current botox-riddled stiff
    I'd have probably done that by now, but I like trying to take outposts undetected.

I might just stop being so careful and sneaky and just enjoy the fruits of the game from this point on though.
  • b0rk 6 Dec 2012 17:27:06 2,942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Motherfuckin' ammo caches! Fucks sake shit. Arrrrrrrrgh.
  • Zerobob 6 Dec 2012 17:40:55 1,608 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Motherfuckin' ammo caches! Fucks sake shit. Arrrrrrrrgh.
    Right, ammo caches, where you fill your entire inventory for free right?

I found my first one last night. I'm at work so I can't double check, but I think I remember which outpost it was.

Take a look at this map.

Starting at the outpost furthest north, then follow the coast east, it's the next outpost along, the one slightly in from the coast, north of a radio tower.
  • b0rk 6 Dec 2012 17:45:48 2,942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...yeah. Look could you put a big X on the map cheers ta.
  • spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 18:23:58 27,421 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MadCaddy13

I not keen on the way he is becoming more and more bloodthirsty, but I think that is deliberate, to show how the madness around him is slowly "leaking" over to him as well?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 18:25:02 27,421 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @darkmorgado Have you fared any better with that mission dark? I had a few skill points ploughed into various melee takedowns so was okay in that regard, but found i took a path mostly along the right and through the various sheds.

Think i'm gonna have a day under the quilt and just play this, it's fa too cold for anything constructive. Just starting on the southern island too, so that's a good point to go from.
    Havent had a chance to play yet today, about to stick it in on now.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 18:25:54 27,421 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ghostwhistler

That had seriously better not be a spoiler

• Popzeus 6 Dec 2012 18:26:15 8,392 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Little help? Been looking for this sodding boat power lead in the cave for about half an hour and can't find it. I'm sure I must have missed something obvious...

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 18:29:29 27,421 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ubergine wrote:.

I'm a bit baffled by the day-night cycle. It appears to be blindingly bright midday all the time, but occasionally it isn't. Not sure that is working correctly, but a watch would be nice.
    Pretty sure that's the weather system dude

• Page

of 79 First / Last