Far Cry 3 Page 42

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:05:24 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zerobob

To be honest, I find multi takedown pretty easy in comparison - just hold the left stick in the general direction of the next enemy as soon as the takedown animation starts and you're golden.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 17:05:41 9,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado you know I meant Ghost Waffler right?
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:06:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @darkmorgado you know I meant Ghost Waffler right?
    Of course! I was agreeing with you :)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 17:08:15 9,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado :lol: I just realised if you had him on ignore it would've looked like I was talking to you.

I need to get back to this game but been watching Season 2 of American horror story back to back today.
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:09:10 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah, it's like a car crash. You know it's going to be hideous to look at but you can't help yourself.

• 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 17:11:13 3,798 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a bit annoying the way that a story mission takes precedence over exploring the world. I was trying to unlock a tower when I walked into a mission area. I thought I could just ignore it, but when walked off I got a 'mission failed' warning and the game reloaded.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:12:44 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @1Dgaf

Yeah. On the one hand I can see that it could damage the sense of urgency in time-restricted missions. On the other, it would be nice if I could simply cancel the mission by leaving the general area ather than aborting from the menu.

Small things...

• Zerobob 5 Dec 2012 17:35:02 1,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    This game truly is the emperor's new clothes.

Glitchy, unpolished, terrible story, poor mission design.

Anyone that thinks Vass is a good character needs to read some books.

I'm beginning to think this is actually a parody; someone's idea of a joke. Surely developers don't create rubbish like this seriously? Do they? It's like the end of Path of Neo.

I just failed a mission because i didn't mash the A button fast/hard enough.

Unreal.

And unskippable cut scenes? Seriously? STILL?

Edited by ghostwhistler at 16:56:44 05-12-2012
    I see some of your points actually. I loved the game's intro with Vass though. It was excellent characterisation and execution. The story isn't too bad either, so far.

The game's got a lot of glitches though, chief among which are the map cursor not locking onto icon locations properly most of the time, the equipped weapon not changing after the weapon select, failing missions for leaving "ZE DESIGNATED MISSION AREA", and having to jump over scenery literally 1 inch high and getting caught on it mid-gun battle.

Couple these faults with a choppy frame rate (on console), a terrible UI, repetitive mission types, and constant annoying on-screen prompts and, on paper, you would think the game is a stinker.

However, I can see past all of this. I absolutely love this game!
  • oldschoolsoviet 5 Dec 2012 17:37:30 5,460 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bbvDJC wrote:
    There is only one mission I can remember that has any kind of QTE and that's right at the end so don't worry you're nearly finished and you can kindly stop posting if you don't like the game!

Numerous button mash QTE sequences through scripted events, and even the pivotal moments are QTEs. To say there's only one right at the end is naive at best. But hey ! It's FC3 ! Wooooo ! Who cares, right ?
  • Deckard1 5 Dec 2012 17:39:10 27,675 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why are you still here you fucking moron

Hush you ponce

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:39:18 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    bbvDJC wrote:
    There is only one mission I can remember that has any kind of QTE and that's right at the end so don't worry you're nearly finished and you can kindly stop posting if you don't like the game!

Numerous button mash QTE sequences through scripted events, and even the pivotal moments are QTEs. To say there's only one right at the end is naive at best. But hey ! It's FC3 ! Wooooo ! Who cares, right ?
    A single mash every five or so missions isn't what i would call "numerous" in anything other than the literal sense of there being more than one.

It's hardly Ninja Blade or Asura's Wrath...

• 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 17:41:36 3,798 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:

Couple these faults with a choppy frame rate (on console),
    Yep. Something feels off about the framerate even if I'm not doing anything. Maybe I should increase the sensitivity of the aiming to see if that helps with out it feels.

It's also incredulous that you don't have a separate volume control for the music. On or off.

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:42:13 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zerobob

Re: bugs, compared to the state of the code I played at the expo in sept and stuff that genuinely feels like alpha/beta *cough* skyrim *cough*, the game is pretty damn stable.

Just going by recent releases, AC3 was far more buggy.

• Zerobob 5 Dec 2012 17:43:36 1,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:

Couple these faults with a choppy frame rate (on console),
    Yep. Something feels off about the framerate even if I'm not doing anything. Maybe I should increase the sensitivity of the aiming to see if that helps with out it feels.

It's also incredulous that you don't have a separate volume control for the music. On or off.
    I increased the sensitivity a bit within the first 15 min of playing; It's way too numb and slow by default IMO.
  • kinky_mong 5 Dec 2012 17:44:18 10,122 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:

Unreal.
    Sounds like you just suck at games. Best stick to turning pages in a book.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Zerobob 5 Dec 2012 17:46:00 1,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Zerobob

Re: bugs, compared to the state of the code I played at the expo in sept and stuff that genuinely feels like alpha/beta *cough* skyrim *cough*, the game is pretty damn stable.

Just going by recent releases, AC3 was far more buggy.
    I absolutely love this game!

...but yeah you're right, it's definitely stable and polished compared to Skyrim.
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 18:07:46 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    ghostwhistler wrote:

Unreal.
    Sounds like you just suck at games. Best stick to turning pages in a book.
    I worked that out from his contribution to the Hitman thread. He has a habit of confusing his inability to understand game mechanics with actual design flaws or accepting that he might, just might, be the one at fault.

Which we all do in one way or another, but in every single damn game? If I found gaming as a whole as frustrating as he seems to, I'd give up entirely rather than punishing myself.

• oldschoolsoviet 5 Dec 2012 19:05:58 5,460 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Deckard1

Just to annoy you it seems.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 19:06:20 05-12-2012
  • angerisagift 5 Dec 2012 19:37:02 1,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Hmm, getting a bit annoyed with my current mission. It's the one that starts from the reveal trailer of being kicked into the water. Big camp filled with bad guys including snipers + no weapons + time limit + reinforcements on mounted guns = gritted teeth after restart number 5.
    I found this mission pretty easy. Finished it on my 2nd go. You need to fully commit to stealth and rock throwing antics. That is until you get to the mad scramble for the chopper at which point its Rambo time!

XBL GT: C0keMachineGl0w
    PSN ID: StarrySummerSky

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 19:43:19 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @angerisagift

Im making more progress in it by ignoring the suggestion to use a cliff as a vantage point. Couple of sniper chokepoints make it a bit annoying though.

• 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 20:34:41 3,798 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unless they introduce a character to justify it, the tone of voice for handbook entries is very fucking weird and inappropriate for the setting. Jokes about mothers-in-law, ex-wives and even a John McCain one.

Sarky info made sense in Assassin's Creed because there was a sarcastic guy that wrote entries for the animus. His character justified it.

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 20:38:19 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't early entries indicate that the information is being written by some sort of character providing intelligence? The very first one you get seems to indicate that.

• 1Dgaf 5 Dec 2012 20:43:25 3,798 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got that impression, but it was very confusing. I had this thing pop up on the screen telling me I was being communicated with, and that I'd be told what to do, but that was about it. I thought he was a military man for some reason.

The whole thing is handled poorly. For example, I can't find an easy way to see what's happened to me in the story. In FC2 your diary was easily accesible for context and history. I assume the info's in there somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 20:44:46 05-12-2012

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 20:49:10 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @1Dgaf

Youre right, it's confusing. I'm assuming it is maybe supposed to be the guy in badtown?

It's possibly too optimistic to hope for some sort of last minute "ooooooooooooh" twist that suddenly causes it all to make sense. Probably one of those anomalies that crops up due to a mid-development change in focus - iirc jason was originally meant to be a skilled ex army operative similar to his brother instead of an everyman.

• Big_G 5 Dec 2012 20:57:08 33 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the handbook entries were suggested to have been written by Dennis?
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 21:03:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big_G wrote:
    Erm, which one is that?

(Spoilers to be safe!)

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:13:04
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Big_G wrote:
    Erm, which one is that?

(Spoilers to be safe!)
    Guy that pulls you from the water at the beginning and gives you the tattoo. It's not him though, unless he's a fan of writing in the third person.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:13:56
    And are those two still in here moaning? I applaud their stamina if not their priorities.
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 21:21:51 9,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just ignore them mate. I picture those two old gits on the muppets when I read their 'opinions'
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 21:38:22
    Story Schmory.

I fell in love with this game when I came across a terrible road accident with two dead pirates and a jeep that had clearly run them down.

Two guys in the jeep got out to take a look, then one of them got back in the jeep and ran his mate over, sped off into the distance.

Pirates. Gotta love 'em.

Not a minute later a tiger came out of the undergrowth, stood growling at the dead pirates. New pirates turned up - "a fucking tiger!' blam blam blam. More dead pirates. Tiger exits, stage left.

Respect the tiger my friends. Always respect the tiger.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last