Far Cry 3 Page 41

  • Page

    of 79 First / Last

  • ModishNouns 5 Dec 2012 13:35:05 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sneaking through the undergrowth I spy two pirates sauntering down the road on what passes for a patrol for these slack-jawed thugs and, after watching them pass, I slip quietly from the tree line behind the tail-end charlie. My machete goes in through his armpit and emerges in a bloody spout from his throat. He gurgles and twists in my grasp but the light is already leaving his eyes as I slip his knife from his belt and send it singing into his comrade's back.

    The knife throw take-down is ace :)
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 13:35:13
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I've been enjoying reading everyone's own experiences in this game. It's full of so many fun moments. But now, every time there's a new post it's about age and certification.

    It's a valid conversation, it just needs to go in its own little home.
    Okay you slaaggss, I've made a thread about it http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/245383 :D
  • ModishNouns 5 Dec 2012 13:36:48 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you spend any length of time splashing about in rivers, say, collecting blue plants, you're going to get crocodiled.

    Edit: That's rivers, I say that's rivers, not the sea. Sharks is what lives in the sea, see?

    Edited by ModishNouns at 13:38:21 05-12-2012
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 13:39:50
    darkmorgado wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Recurve Bow 4 Lyfe
    Absolutely agree with this - i have no idea why, but im finding myself using the Recurve pretty much every time i approach a group of enemies undetected.

    Its a brilliant weapon and easily the most satisfying one to use in the game.
    I dunno, when I use it I find its range a bit too limiting to be useful. I was hoping for something more akin to what it looks like we'll get in crysis 3.

    I was hoping it to be a bit more of a sniping tool, more along the lines of a crossbow.

    /shrug
    You can use it at range for as a sniping tool. Buy the um (can't think of the name for it) sight for it that has a height gradient, learn to shoot arrows from range by compensating for gravity.

    Easily the most satisfying kill in game :D
    Ive seen that sight on vids, but the only two I seem to have access to are a dot sight which is next to useless and something similar which isnt much better. Unless there is another one that gets unlocked somehow? Is there a signature bow or just the one in the special category?
    just checked the FC Wiki, it's the marksman sight. One of only two available (the red dot one is indeed rubbish). Only the one bow as far as I can tell, bloody hell, I'd love a more powerful one!
  • warlockuk 5 Dec 2012 13:48:32 19,370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So is FC3 any good, like the first one? Or a bit meh like the 2nd?

    The stupid bro-hawk on the marketing stuff is putting me off as it screams that it's a game for cunts.
  • billythekid 5 Dec 2012 13:50:11 11,958 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    So is FC3 any good, like the first one? Or a bit meh like the 2nd?

    The stupid bro-hawk on the marketing stuff is putting me off as it screams that it's a game for cunts.
    That geezer is one of the best villains ever. A proper proper psycho.
  • ModishNouns 5 Dec 2012 13:51:10 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's terrible, you'll hate it. Nothing to see here.
  • beastmaster 5 Dec 2012 13:55:16 15,491 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's great!
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 14:01:59 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Recurve Bow 4 Lyfe
    Absolutely agree with this - i have no idea why, but im finding myself using the Recurve pretty much every time i approach a group of enemies undetected.

    Its a brilliant weapon and easily the most satisfying one to use in the game.
    I dunno, when I use it I find its range a bit too limiting to be useful. I was hoping for something more akin to what it looks like we'll get in crysis 3.

    I was hoping it to be a bit more of a sniping tool, more along the lines of a crossbow.

    /shrug
    You can use it at range for as a sniping tool. Buy the um (can't think of the name for it) sight for it that has a height gradient, learn to shoot arrows from range by compensating for gravity.

    Easily the most satisfying kill in game :D
    Ive seen that sight on vids, but the only two I seem to have access to are a dot sight which is next to useless and something similar which isnt much better. Unless there is another one that gets unlocked somehow? Is there a signature bow or just the one in the special category?
    just checked the FC Wiki, it's the marksman sight. One of only two available (the red dot one is indeed rubbish). Only the one bow as far as I can tell, bloody hell, I'd love a more powerful one!
    I must just be shit at using it then.

    Back to the grenade launcher it is!

    Another thing - some sort of harpoon gun that works underwater would have been nice to give you some option beyond FUCKING SWIM YOU BASTARD when attacked by sharks.
  • bbvDJC 5 Dec 2012 14:06:38 1,918 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It really pisses me off when someone nicks your car in the middle of no where.

    Fuck fast travelling!
  • Phattso 5 Dec 2012 14:11:14 18,593 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

    It's almost heartbreaking to see so much of Far Cry 2's DNA littered around here. Someone basically smashed the shit out of that game, changed the colour palette, and stuck it back together with Fun Glue (TM).

    It's one of those rare open world games where it's genuinely fun to string together the main campaign missions and just fucking about in the sandbox without thinking there's something more enjoyable you should be doing.

    I also love the crafting mechanic - it's a way to force one off the main mission path and out into the world. It's entirely arbitrary, of course, but it's a decision that I think will see more people enjoy more of the game.

    I'm Phattso, and I'm ashamed to admit that I frequently stop slaughtering people long enough to pick some flowers and murder some wildlife. I also take their skins, but I'm proud to say I don't wear them as a mask. I turn them into wallets.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 14:11:34
    @warlockuk

    Good like the first one, minus the shitty mutants.

    Anything strange and bizarre is explained via the medium of hallucinogenics.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 14:14:55
    @darkmorgado

    I got handy with the bow via slaughtering deer and goats from a hillside :D
  • warlockuk 5 Dec 2012 14:33:24 19,370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the Steam Sale :)
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 14:39:17 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @warlockuk

    Good like the first one, minus the shitty mutants.

    Anything strange and bizarre is explained via the medium of hallucinogenics.
    The retrospective on Sunday reminded me just how shockingly poor the second half of the first game really was, I always wondered what was going through Crytek's mind when they designed those. It suddenly made a lot of sense to discover they never expected people to reach that point in the game!

    There's definitely a case to be made here that this takes the best aspects of both previous games and finds more of a comfy middle ground - with some lessons applied from the AssCreed series.
  • robthehermit 5 Dec 2012 15:05:09 5,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm hoping that this will be nice and cheap in the post Christmas sales. I don't doubt that it's worth full price, and if the Insane Edition was still available for fifty notes, I'd already have it ordered. Mrs Hermit has put a ban on spending at the moment though. Lego LotR and Sonic are the last games I shall be getting this year. :(

    Edited by robthehermit at 15:05:28 05-12-2012
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 15:24:56 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    The knife throw take-down is ace :)
    it is when I can get it to trigger, but I think the input window could be a little bigger.
  • Cogsy666 5 Dec 2012 15:55:23 155 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Use a machete to hunt 2 bears thanks game lol
  • ModishNouns 5 Dec 2012 16:00:09 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cogsy666 wrote:
    Use a machete to hunt 2 bears thanks game lol
    Animal repellent syringes might help. They made the tiger/panther with bow pretty easy.
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 16:08:35 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Urgh, that fucking tiger hunt! Responsible for most consecutive deaths in the game so far for me (though in my defense I attempted it very early on)
  • Cogsy666 5 Dec 2012 16:18:55 155 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    Cogsy666 wrote:
    Use a machete to hunt 2 bears thanks game lol
    Animal repellent syringes might help. They made the tiger/panther with bow pretty easy.
    Forgot I had got the decent knife 3 swipes dead that's all of the hunting missions done now :)
  • bbvDJC 5 Dec 2012 16:37:08 1,918 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A tiger just ambushed me coming out a safe house. Nice.
  • ModishNouns 5 Dec 2012 16:38:27 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What was the tiger doing in your safe house? Is that where you keep your Frosties?
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 16:49:42 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, getting a bit annoyed with my current mission. It's the one that starts from the reveal trailer of being kicked into the water. Big camp filled with bad guys including snipers + no weapons + time limit + reinforcements on mounted guns = gritted teeth after restart number 5.
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 16:59:31 10,399 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're becoming a parody of yourself. Let it go.
  • bbvDJC 5 Dec 2012 16:59:34 1,918 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is only one mission I can remember that has any kind of QTE and that's right at the end so don't worry you're nearly finished and you can kindly stop posting if you don't like the game!
  • Zerobob 5 Dec 2012 17:02:41 1,779 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    ModishNouns wrote:
    The knife throw take-down is ace :)
    it is when I can get it to trigger, but I think the input window could be a little bigger.
    Yeah I've had issues getting that to trigger too. I don't even dare try the multi-takedown because it's never going to work, is it? The knife take-down is the only quiet take-down and I like to play using stealth. Mind you, I've already liberated two outposts without being noticed, so I can get the ninja steps perk. Might just do the rest of the game Rambo style with a LMG.

    On a side note, stealth is the main reason I bought the game, and I have to say I think it's handled excellently. It's fun and encourages a tactical approach to situations, which is all that counts.
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 17:03:54 29,760 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    You're becoming a parody of yourself. Let it go.
    Good point, well made.
  • Page

    of 79 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.