Platinum Trophies Page 24

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• FuzzyDuck 19 Oct 2013 16:34:06 4,127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sid92

Nice going with the 99 survivors!

I've only got the collectable trophies to finish off, so I'm going back through it on Easy for a leisurely stroll to soak in the sites and sounds (and collectables!)
  • TheMightyRose 23 Oct 2013 12:15:36 174 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Chalk up another plat for the dreamboat!

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on Vita

Really great little game this although after having played through it multiple times I still ended up getting lost in the basement! I don't really think it was that scary but it has a great atmosphere and the use of music in it was excellent. Shades of Silent Hill, Twin Peaks and Jacob's Ladder about the whole game which works for me!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 3 Nov 2013 09:46:07 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just platted Diablo III. If anybody is looking for help with the Greed over Need or All that Glitters trophies, I don't mind lending you my gear (i.e. Marquise gem for gold, Goldskin armour, treasure goblin summoning ring = job done before ya know it)...

That makes 30 now. No life; confirmed!

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• FuzzyDuck 5 Nov 2013 04:40:57 4,127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally got The Last of Us.

Five playthroughs (in order) Normal, Survivor, Survivor+, then did a collection run on Easy and then Easy+! Just as well, it's already in an envelope and being posted/sold off in the morning!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 7 Nov 2013 11:55:42 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuzzy, you slut. What, now that you have popped my plat you don't need me any more? д` ;

• Flying_Pig 30 Nov 2013 17:55:01 10,993 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got Tearaway \o/

Not too tough actually and a thoroughly brilliant game :D
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Dec 2013 13:22:18 8,044 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The PS4 now tells you what percentage of players get each trophy. Virtues Last Reward is my most common Platinum at 15%.
  • -cerberus- 16 Dec 2013 23:14:23 2,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just platted Dishonoured :D My 13th Platinum trophy! \o/ Got the GOTY Edition so I will try and get 100%, starting off tomorrow with The Knife of Dunwall followed by The Brigmore Witches. Saving the Dunwall Shitty Trials for last, I bloody hate those types of expansions. :rolleyes:

Edited by -cerberus- at 23:14:50 16-12-2013

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Zomoniac 16 Dec 2013 23:39:03 7,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    5th platinum today. Saints Row IV. I've given up the achievement/trophy whoring game, but had so much fun playing through everything then realised that the only thing I had left to do was play 40 hours and had cleaned up at 27 so left my PS3 on last night and it popped this lunchtime.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 20 Dec 2013 14:27:32 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My rarest trophy is Skin Master on Lumines. 1.67% apparently.

• -cerberus- 22 Dec 2013 20:10:13 2,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can hardly believe it myself but I just got a Platinum trophy for Resogun. \o/

• Derblington 22 Dec 2013 21:45:07 21,618 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have 3 plats, for the PS3 Uncharted games. I'll be getting more now that I'm playing all 3 platforms and have dropped the Xbox stuff (I have something like 33 completed games on X360).

I was going to grab the Dishonoured DLC but I'm tempted to get the GOTY Edition and play it all again on PS3... Good game.
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Dec 2013 22:34:47 4,127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Nice one!

I've only got the 15x multiplayer left to get.

I must say, the trophies in Resogun are great fun, I ended up getting most of them by just playing away at the game and trying different things.
  • -cerberus- 22 Dec 2013 23:08:49 2,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck I used Phobos for the third level on Veteran (Arcade): tried to build up a multiplier of about 8 or 9 before facing the Cube boss (the multiplier freezes during bossfights) and took my sweet time taking out all of the cubes it shits out :lol: Near the end of the fight your multiplier should be at about 12 or 13. Then all I did was endure the first two minutes of level 4 without losing the multiplier at which point the 15x trophy should pop!

And yes, absolutely, Resogun is great fun! Will continue playing it for many months to come.

Edited by -cerberus- at 23:09:34 22-12-2013

• Telepathic.Geometry 23 Dec 2013 02:50:26 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got the plat on Infamous 2 last night, in preparation for Second Son. Can't fucking wait to get my hands on Neon powers!!! ^_^

• FuzzyDuck 23 Dec 2013 05:38:08 4,127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Nailed it! :D

I actually did it very differently to what you've described - played the first level (on Veteran) with the Nemesis ship (saved my boost for when there was a baddie the other side of the level and I had to get there before the multiplyer dropped) and had a 14.80x multiplyer going into the boss... that was a tense encounter.

Got it almost instantly at the start of the second level.

It i jolly good fun and I will continue to play for months too. Would probably take me a few years of playing to get near ProgGuitarist's scores though :)
  • -cerberus- 23 Dec 2013 10:32:02 2,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry Have you played Festival of Blood?

@FuzzyDuck Excellent! Whatever works best for you. The first level is a bit too slow for me personally, it's hard to keep the multiplier up...
    Got a pretty high score myself on Decima (Veteran): 30 253 000 (ranked #125).
    Is ProgGuitarist's score in the top 10 perhaps? :D

• Telepathic.Geometry 23 Dec 2013 13:57:15 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @-cerberus- Nope. Is it actually worth a shot?

• -cerberus- 23 Dec 2013 14:14:44 2,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry I think so, yes. It's short but very atmospheric and a lot of fun!

• FuzzyDuck 23 Dec 2013 14:19:27 4,127 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @-cerberus-

Yeah it's cool that the game accommodates for different playstyles, although I can see that Phobos' overdrive is key to racking up crazy scores, so I don't know if I can make a decent high score challenge.

Oooh, nice score! I don't think I have you on my PSN list. Add me so I can cry at your scores - Rushduck
  • rockavitch 25 Dec 2013 12:23:51 322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got Skyrim as my 23rd. Easy enough but wasn't a difficult list at all.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• Telepathic.Geometry 25 Dec 2013 13:10:50 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the only one I disliked was the assassin's guild one, and that's only because they really waste your time going to and from the guild to collect new missions...

• PazJohnMitch 2 Jan 2014 22:46:53 8,044 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got the Tearaway Platinum.

Fairly easy but a few of the collectibles are very well hidden. Also found acing the last level quite tricky as was struggling with the touch pad jumping from a couple of the ramps.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 5 Feb 2014 04:04:11 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got the platinum for FF XIII last night.

What a fucking slog. That game would be so much better if the following changes were made:

1. Double/triple the loot drops for monsters.
    (The chances of a turtle dropping a trapezohedron is 1%. You need 6 for the plat. If you have your technique down flat you can probably kill about 30 turtles in an hour, so you're potentially looking at performing the same boring kill for hours just to get one. Boring!)

2. Double/triple experience earned, or reduce the CP cost of late game skills.
    (In the beginning it's not too bad, but in the late game, leveling up is extremely expensive, and the experience earned is way too low (especially if you do it honestly).)

3. Fix the Gil system.
    (The Gil either needs to become more plentiful, or the cost of items needs to come down, or the resell value of things should go up. For example, a trapezohedron costs 2 million Gil, but sells back for only a 10 grand. Most other things sell back for 50% of the cost, but a trap sells for 0.5%. That's some bullshit right there...)

4. More teleport spots
    (Either this or put the Ci'eth stones right next to their corresponding missions.)

5. Make a check-list for accessories/weapons held, to make that last fucking trophy less annoying and more convenient.

All in all, towards the end of the game, I got the feeling that I might be able to enjoy it if there weren't so many irritating obstacles to overcome. I wanted to fully upgrade all of my characters, but by the time I was half way there, I just wanted it to end. I couldn't face any more.

CONCLUSION: FF XIII 6/10.

• Zackv4861 5 Feb 2014 06:36:36 1,085 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I would never platinum a 6/10 game especially one that takes 100+ hours. Credit to you.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 5 Feb 2014 12:54:58 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, not credit. Shame. Shame on me... I really feel dirty after that one.

• PazJohnMitch 5 Feb 2014 12:57:16 8,044 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Made me feel dirty too. It was not until the vita that I platinumed another game after FFXIII.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 5 Feb 2014 13:12:05 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch: You too man? :(

/hugs

• PazJohnMitch 5 Feb 2014 14:02:10 8,044 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry

Yes. Finished game at 70 hours. Platinum did not pop to 120 hours. (Probably 10 hours of marks and 40 hours of turtle extermination post credits).

Did not realise those last couple of trophies would take that long. Only did it because I missed one sword on FFXII and wanted to actually 100% a FF game.

I have shunned many platinum opportunities since because of the pain.

Good luck overcoming that huge feeling of guilt and self pity.

/hug
  • Telepathic.Geometry 7 Feb 2014 00:51:04 11,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't played a game since the FFXIII plat popped. Might try to get a bit of Beyond in tonight, or maybe Tomb Raider or DMC, to try and remove the taint.

• Page

of 27 First / Last