Platinum Trophies Page 22

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• dominalien 8 Jul 2013 18:22:31 6,829 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine has become loud as well, but 27degreesC+ temperatures may have something to do with that. I cleaned it out recently, too, but it didn't help at all.

Anyway, taking it apart isn't hard, if you're feeling up to it and may help it live longer.

Edited by dominalien at 18:22:53 08-07-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• uk-kob 8 Jul 2013 22:15:43 126 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just got the Last of us plat, very good game, fairly time consuming platinum, played through the game 3 times, and spent a fair bit of time on the mp tophys.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Jul 2013 03:47:14 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe I'll try to clean it so. I've had a slew of almost magically timed break-downs lately. After 5 or 6 years of use, my Mac mini refused to boot, my laptop glitched up completely and even my router stopped powering up. All within two days of each other.

I got a new Mac mini, new router and an iPad, so if I have to go buy another PS3 right near the end of the cycle, that will be the last hit my wallet can take this side of Christmas. I'll give it a shot dominalien.

uk-kob: I haven't done the last 4 online trophies yet. How long would you say they take? Are they difficult?

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Folant 9 Jul 2013 06:39:11 1,161 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The MP trophies on TLoU are more time consuming than hard. But as long as you're playing the MP because you enjoy it, and not specifically because of the trophies attached, then it isn't bad at all.
    Something like 168 games if you don't get unlucky and lose 100% because of connection issues with the host. I'm sure people play more games than that in a day on CoD or Halo. :-P

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• uk-kob 9 Jul 2013 08:38:35 126 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry
    No they aren't hard, just be careful to save the easy challenges, like mark 6 enemies or execute 3 enemies, for the 100% threat events, for the 2 journey trophies survivors and fireflies, you just have to complete week 12 with some people left in your group.
    it takes around 30 hours, for both 12 week journeys.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Jul 2013 08:49:19 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry for asking annoying questions but, is it like I'm Joel, and someone else is playing my bro, or Ellie or something? And I've gotta keep my buddies alive against, what, bots? Other players?

Ah, never mind, I'll give it a shot later on and see what's what. Cheers man...

• uk-kob 9 Jul 2013 09:03:50 126 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry
    don't worry it will make sense once you start playing mp, it sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is.
    this is from the trophy guide on ps3 trophies.

"The online portion of this game is called "Factions". You start by having to align yourself to either the Firefly or Hunter faction. This alignment is permanent until you either complete the multiplayer journey with that faction or your clan gets wiped out and you fail. The multiplayer can be a little confusing at first but you can mostly just play normally if you want to and not worry about other things except the missions that pop up."
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 11:25:09 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I switched on God of War III when I got back from the city, and spent literally hours avoiding Stoned, cleaning and studying and surfing, all the while thinking of the hassle of this last trophy...

...and I got it first time. Easily. 0_@

Ping. God of War III in the bag.
    Next, Limbo and Prince of Persia.
    And maybe that last trophy from the Castlevania DLC...
    ^_^

• Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 11:29:35 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually, quick question for all you fellow trophy hunter/whores.

Do you ever find that you have gaming moments where you simply can-not fail? Like your brain clicks into a different gear, where you're like Neo, seeing the lines of code inside the matrix?

That happened for me today, but also happened for me when I got the Lumines Dig Down, and the 210 lines in three minutes. Or years ago, playing Rez on the Dreamcast, or Guitar Hero on PS2...

...it's a grand feeling.

• Folant 14 Jul 2013 14:17:51 1,161 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In the zone, yeah...

Wouldn't go as far as to say like Neo, seeing all lines of code and shit, not without help anyway, but yeah, so focused that it's just... Instinct.. I suppose...

Makes me sound like a right queer....

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Telepathic.Geometry 14 Jul 2013 14:55:32 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I think that focus is something we often underestimate. For a game like Demon's Souls for example, focus is the only thing standing between you and victory in most cases. And when you've got it, it's like you're untouchable.

I strongly believe that the older generation of gamers who've been at it for 25 years or more have learned focus from the old school games, where even a tiny misjudgment in the timing of a jump to beat Sandman in Megaman 1, or measuring he distance of a jump in Star Wars on the SNES was the difference between life and death...

...and I'm rambling again.

• Flying_Pig 15 Jul 2013 13:20:52 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tend to only get in the Zone on racing games - playing Gran Turismo, having virtually no memory of the laps I've raced, but constantly getting faster and faster times.

WipEout does it to me as well.
  • PazJohnMitch 15 Jul 2013 14:48:48 7,785 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have been known to repeatedly die on something only to do it first time the day after without ever been in danger.

I do not think I am particularly good at games. I am just very patient. Recent FPSs for instance require very little skill even on the hardest settings as health recovers. And RPGs like Dark Souls can be overcome by grinding if necessary.

I know people that if they die on something 3 times in a row they complain it is too hard. I tend to be the opposite and sometimes feel cheated unless I die 10 times. (50+ times on tekken tag 2's Unknown however was too much).

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 14:49:14 15-07-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 15 Jul 2013 15:08:08 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote: I have been known to repeatedly die on something only to do it first time the day after without ever been in danger.
    Same. This happens to me so much that I sometimes plan for it. I guess it's a combination of your brain working on it when you're sleeping or carrying out mundane tasks at home or at work, and the physical element of you just being energetic and alert.
    PazJohnMitch wrote: I know people that if they die on something 3 times in a row they complain it is too hard.
    Same here too. A good friend of mine gave up on Castlevania at the Ice Titan saying it was bullshit, and he wouldn't have gotten that far if we hadn't been taking turns... And that was on easy.

I think that kids are very much the same. In life, as soon as something presents a challenge, they give up immediately, and have to be either seduced into working hard by making it fun, bribed into it with rewards or threatened with punishment.

Some adults are that way too. The delay of gratification is one of the best things you can learn from gaming I think, as it has benefits everywhere in your personal life.

• Flying_Pig 15 Jul 2013 22:02:29 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I have been known to repeatedly die on something only to do it first time the day after without ever been in danger.
    This exact thing happened to me today - I spent half an hour this morning attempting to get a very tricky Power Cell on Jak & Daxter, without joy. Sat on the train this evening - did it first time :D
  • FuzzyDuck 16 Jul 2013 00:15:39 3,892 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    WipEout does it to me as well.
    I sat for a few hours straight trying to do the 'Beat Zico' trophy. When it eventually popped, I had no idea what time it was or how long I was playing the game for.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 16 Jul 2013 07:00:19 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rez is the most in the zone I've ever been. In my DC days I managed to 100% every level, and my eyes seemed to stop blinking throughout, as when I had finished, my face was covered in tears and my eyes hurt...

...might have just been tears of joy from playing one of the most truly amazing and immersive game experiences ever though. Hmm.

• Flying_Pig 17 Jul 2013 17:28:35 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ding!

#11 - Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

Not that tough. My main issue was simply that the game hasn't aged well...
  • Telepathic.Geometry 20 Jul 2013 06:58:53 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On PSNProfiles, that was my fastest platinum I think. ^_^

And I think that that game has aged really well. Jak II though... :/

• -cerberus- 21 Jul 2013 23:32:17 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got my 11th plat for Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut last month and my 12th plat, just now, for Killzone 3. That bloody Completist trophy (destroy everything on the MAWL) was the only one I really had trouble with...

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• SolidSCB 26 Jul 2013 00:43:13 6,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished getting the Platinum and the 100% on Payday: The Heist. 3 weeks worth of blood, sweat and tears on this bastard has paid off. Great game. If you haven't already picked this up on PS+, do it now!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Jul 2013 00:55:42 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I already had the platinum on Castlevania, but now I have the 100% too. Working on Deus Ex: The Missing Link now too. Very nice little bit of DLC... Holding off on using my augs for the no weapons, no praxis run. Once I have that I'll be back to fuck everybody up with hacking, invisibility and double take-downs... ^-^

• ChillDude 26 Jul 2013 11:40:00 34 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PeacockDreams Agreed haha Largely enjoying the game too and the trophies are pretty easy. Bargain at 5 but yeah that VR was lame
  • Zackv4861 29 Jul 2013 22:04:44 1,082 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Unit 13 Platinum trophy just acquired
  • Widge Moderator 29 Jul 2013 23:14:49 13,252 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gravity Rush one last week, was rather straightforward.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Telepathic.Geometry 29 Jul 2013 23:39:03 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sound shapes Death Mode... (Д` )

Will I ever get this Platinum?

• Flying_Pig 30 Jul 2013 07:40:08 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry - I persevered with that one for a long time, but I never got close on some on the Death Mode levels. WAaaaayyyy to tough for me.
  • YenooR 30 Jul 2013 09:45:27 529 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got the platinum for Kingdoms of Amalur. It wasn't to difficult but took me over 70 hours to get.
  • Zomoniac 30 Jul 2013 09:49:28 7,790 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't managed a single death mode trophy. Not sure they're physically possible for mortals to acquire.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 30 Jul 2013 15:51:56 11,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got 6 of them. So far, they're not much fun, because no matter how skilfully you play the hand you're dealt, most of the time the distribution of notes is unwinnable, which I regard as basically broken game design.

They should have made sure in game testing that every random distribution was at least possible for an expert. I reckon I'll beat Death mode, but considering how much I enjoyed the campaign, I'll never want to see Death mode again.

• Page

of 26 First / Last