Platinum Trophies Page 21

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 16 Apr 2013 20:46:01 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Humperfunk - they're not that bad. You can always use a guide. It's the map ones which I think are going to be real buggers.
  • Humperfunk 16 Apr 2013 20:48:15 2,091 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

I was mate, just really wasn't enjoying it! Have you done them? I reckon I'll smash through them over the weekend, doesn't feel complete to me unless I do!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 16 Apr 2013 22:04:46 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Humperfunk - not yet :)

I've decided to leave the treasures until after I've completed the game (currently doing Episode 5). Got all of the bottles and most of the Sly masks though.
  • Folant 17 Apr 2013 03:52:44 1,161 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got Sleeping Dogs plat.
    Pretty easy, but fuck that cock fighting mini game.

Only my fourth but I'm happy with it. /glee

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Telepathic.Geometry 20 Apr 2013 11:39:22 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite. The 1999 Mode playthrough was difficult and incredibly easy in places I didn't expect. The Siren fight was piss simple, and three out of four Handyman fights too. Even the final battle was cake. But that second Handyman fight at Finkton was a fucking killer.

I'm not especially skillful at shooters, I mostly rely on planning and strategy, so if anyone's having trouble, ask away...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• uk-kob 23 Apr 2013 15:56:32 127 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just got bioshock infinite plat aswell, really great game , it was a fair challenge, but i must admit i would have found it way harder, if i wasn't using the winters shield gear.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Apr 2013 00:31:23 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I used that one + various Sky-hook gear too, got me out of a lot of trouble.

But I have to say, in some situations the various melee gear with Charge is fucking legendary, especially when facing heavily armed mobs or bosses. You just mow them down like grass. If you're close to some salts especially.

Between the two, I was ready for every situation.

• gazzy 24 Apr 2013 11:21:04 882 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm currently gunning for Lego Pirates of The Caribbean. Having to rely on buggy AI and wonky level collision (AI getting stuck in cogs etc) during Freeplay is annoying me somewhat!
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Apr 2013 14:14:35 7,997 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego Pirates is a fairly easy Platinum (1000G in my case). Main advice is to unlock Black beard as soon as possible.
  • dominalien 24 Apr 2013 21:53:42 6,848 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NFSMW, thanks to Flying_Pig. Got lucky with the one that requires you to escape the police at all heat levels and never had to work for it. Almost gave up when I realised there was no in-game map for security gates, but in the end found the two last ones after just an afternoon of searching with a map. Had to use one for the last few jackspots and billboards, too, I'm (only slightly) ashamed to say.

Fairly proud. 21 down, a bazillion to go.

PSN: DonOsito

• Flying_Pig 24 Apr 2013 23:06:20 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :)
  • touchuk 25 Apr 2013 11:59:46 1 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Got 25 plats last year with UC3 being my last. I now have NO motivation to get more, none of my friends are over 20 plats. I need friends who are into it as much as me :(

Maybe I'll aim for 30 plats before ps4

@dannyleesays
    @TouchSES
    southeastsyndicate.com

• Telepathic.Geometry 25 Apr 2013 12:15:40 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm into the 20s and rising there touchuk, add me if you like. I'll race ya to 30.

• Telepathic.Geometry 6 May 2013 03:26:43 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone else have problems with the glitched Master and Commander trophy in ME3?

• PeacockDreams 12 May 2013 09:07:04 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm onto 4 platinums now. The Vita has been the difference as I never got one in the last 5 years with my PS3 but having the ability to just pick up and play has helped me massively.

I got Sound Shapes about 6 months ago, then I did Rayman Origins on Vita, that was brilliant, did it in a week and a half, the game never left the slot. And then I have just done 2 more this last week. Walking Dead The Series on PS3 ( easy I know but what a journey) and came back to finish Lego Batman 2 on the Vita. That's pretty easy but the Justice League sections can get a bit annoying and having to go back through levels to collect the odd brick or minikit can be dull but I love Lego and Marvel/DC so was fun overall.

Going for Sly Cooper Thieves in time next
  • Flying_Pig 12 May 2013 12:32:51 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @PeacockDreams - are you intentionally going for the toughest Vita Platinums!? Rayman and SoundShapes are both too difficult for me!

I wanted the Sly platinum too, but there's one trophy I can't get :(
  • Humperfunk 12 May 2013 12:37:54 2,091 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Which one mate? The high score arcade one?

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 12 May 2013 13:27:09 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Which one mate? The high score arcade one?
    Yep. I can't get anywhere near the Alter Ego high scores :(
  • PazJohnMitch 12 May 2013 14:50:56 7,997 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rayman Platinum is one of the few I have. Tend to get bored of most. Very close to Unit 13 but the final trophies left are just grinding which does little to interest me.

Intend to kill all the bad guys but that will be it for me I think. (On the last one currently).
  • PeacockDreams 12 May 2013 18:15:15 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @ PeacockDreams - are you intentionally going for the toughest Vita Platinums!? Rayman and SoundShapes are both too difficult for me!

I wanted the Sly platinum too, but there's one trophy I can't get :(
    Sound Shapes was a pig to get, Rayman was hard but enjoyable! I've followed them up with 2 easy ones though :) and sly cooper looks do-able!
  • mikeck 13 May 2013 12:54:01 1,932 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Number 7 - The Walking Dead

Obviously this is an incredibly easy one to get because of the nature of the game, but it was an incredibly enjoyable (and emotional) ride to my seventh platinum.
  • Flying_Pig 13 May 2013 13:06:32 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Walking Dead is next up on my 'to play' list, once I've finished Prince of Persia, and maybe the Unfinished Swan...

Loved the forst chapter on iOS, so really looking forward to it. An easy Platinum is a bonus too :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jun 2013 06:10:54 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Metro: Last light. I actually would like to do one more run through on Ranger mode to snag the remaining Gold and Silver, despite the issues I have with this 7/10 game.

I will say this though, lootathon games should all have the Uncharted 2 and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 system of giving you an in-game check-list of (in the case of Metro) instruments you have played, loot you have to collect for a trophy (like the swamp) etc.

Realistically, without a guide, nobody has the time to trawl the whole game for shit, but if you could break it down level by level, I'd really enjoy searching high and low for an accordion or a weapon stash.

• Flying_Pig 24 Jun 2013 12:52:18 10,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry - Agree. If a game has stat-based trophies (i.e run this far, shoot this many of this enemy etc) then it should really allow you to check your stats to see how your progressing.

LBP Vita has an excellent stats system - allowing you to win badges and trophies, also showing your progress against each of 'em.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jun 2013 23:43:24 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, basically any system that makes it possible to not use the internet. I feel like the problem - maybe the only problem apart from the terrible Frampt/Kaathe model - was that some important information was only available on the internet.

I could have played that game 100 times and never found the Darkwraith covenant. Once you have the Lord Vessel, why on Earth wouldn't you place it? WHY!?

• dominalien 28 Jun 2013 07:32:58 6,848 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gravity Rush for me last night.

A very nice platinum. Takes some effort, but nothing annoying or too time consuming. I really enjoyed the various challenges, even though I know I wouldn't even try them, and if I did try them, I wouldn't give them enough time to start enjoying them, if there weren't trophies involved. So a strong case on how trophies can make games more fun.

Now I have 3 more challenges to mop up from the DLC for a nice, shiny 100%.

My 22nd platinum and definitely one of the most pleasant. Highly recommended.

• PeacockDreams 1 Jul 2013 08:05:29 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Virtual Tennis 4 on the Vita is coming along nicely. Done all the time consuming ones like 'win the tour', just got a 8-9 trophies left, most are easy but just not very fun to do. Did one last night which was 'win 5 VR matches', let me tell you, playing tennis in a 1st person perspective isn't fun, it doesn't work and it was just dullllllll!!!!!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 7 Jul 2013 16:08:24 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Finally! The last five challenges were all time trials. I wish the game-testers had told them that they need a better checkpoint system for those levels to make the retry less annoying...

The controls were great in the main game, but once you get to the precise timing needed to beat those challenges, you realise how clunky and unresponsive they really are, which is a real shame. I actually DO love that game.

I dislike the heavy gamble-element of these challenges. You will never get the Combat trophies on Batman or beat the Challenges in Vanquish with luck. You hone your skills or you go home.

For God of War III's Stoned or the Castlevania ones, I feel like I relied on 50% skill and 50% luck. You wait for the enemies to come at you in a lucky order, and for you to get all of your moves to pull off without getting snagged on the scenery, or fluffing a jump or missing one of the button prompts... Luck should never be a factor.

For example, when taking down stone idol, you have 2 minutes. If your luck is bad and she shakes at unfortunate times, you can lose as much as 10 or 15 seconds. That's the difference between just barely beating her with a couple of seconds on the clock and running out before you can even hookshot to the orbiting rock.

It seems like shoddy game design, in what I would generally regard as an otherwise excellent AAA game, the sequel to which I am eagerly awaiting.

/blog over

Anyway, that's 27 now. Probably 28 tomorrow if I get Stoned, and then Prince of Persia's Combo Master trophy to get me 29. I'm glad to be mopping these bastards up after so long. My game completion is finally back to 70%, I feel like I'm defo gettin' me money's worth...

• dominalien 7 Jul 2013 16:43:56 6,848 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, yes, I'd been wondering why you'd left that one trophy on PoP2008. It's not hard or anything.

• Telepathic.Geometry 7 Jul 2013 22:14:51 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Busted. :) My PS3 sounds like it's gonna kick the bucket any day now, so I'm tryin' to get the trophies that would take a long long time to reunlock out of the way. So the PoP one is very low priority. Still, would be nice to just get it out of the way.. ^_^

• Page

of 27 First / Last