Platinum Trophies Page 17

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• uk-kob 9 Aug 2012 09:49:01 127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just got the god of war hd plat, taking my total to 30! enjoyed playing GoW again, really is awell designed action game, the plat wasnt to hard, i was expecting the challenge of the gods, or whatever its called? to be a nightmare, but it wasn't to bad, did all 10 challenges in about 90 minutes, but did use a guide for those.
  • andywilkie35 10 Aug 2012 22:17:33 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ratchet 2 done, took a long time but what a game! No time to start 3 with certain other games coming out plus what I have on the go, and probably best to take a break after doing the first two back to back. Amazing series though.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• FuzzyDuck 10 Aug 2012 23:40:17 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andywilkie35

Well done! \o/

I'm having a quiet Friday night in and i'm so, so tempted to get stuck back into 3 and finish it.
  • andywilkie35 10 Aug 2012 23:49:57 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

Get stuck in mate! :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• JBlokeUK 11 Aug 2012 11:57:08 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Never got a platinum, at least not yet. Closest I got was God of War with around 85% of trophies.

Got a Vita 2 weeks ago though so might go for the platinum on a Vita game.

I like it when he's angry.

• Feanor 11 Aug 2012 12:10:38 14,119 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sound Shapes is really easy to platinum, apparently.
  • YenooR 11 Aug 2012 12:29:17 529 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing Dragon's Dogma and am going to try and platinum it as it doesn't look to hard.
  • SolidSCB 11 Aug 2012 13:02:08 6,500 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid 4 done.

Great list. Challenging. First (and probably last) platinum ever. Time for the PS3 to gather dust again.
  • Flying_Pig 11 Aug 2012 22:17:30 10,844 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Sound Shapes is really easy to platinum, apparently.
    I've heard the opposite TBH - trophies are only earned in 2 modes: Death Mode and Beat School. 32 Silvers, 1 Gold and 1 Platinum.
  • enfilade 14 Aug 2012 14:51:53 211 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Crikey, I just realised I have 34 platinum trophies - albeit across two accounts (15 on my old one, 19 on the one I set up in early 2011 once I became gainfully employed on a full-time basis.)

Those I'm proudest of to date are probably Final Fantasy XIII, Resonance of Fate & Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (mainly due to the Demolition Man achievement, which was time-consuming but great fun to shoot for with my buddy.) Those three could be considered cheating though, as I was an arts student at the time that I earned them...

Since getting a proper job I've still managed to ace SSX, Dead Island and Killzone 3 (incl. DLC) among others, which I guess is not too shabby.

Now it's a case of figuring out what to gun for next - I think Deus Ex is begging for that second playthrough it needs so I can fulfill any quest requirements I missed on the first run...
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Oct 2012 07:03:52 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, just got the Plat for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it was laughably easy!

Just play the game naturally and the trophy will pop eventually, there's really bugger all skill involved.
  • Big-Swiss 4 Oct 2012 08:25:44 8,076 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    So, just got the Plat for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it was laughably easy!

Just play the game naturally and the trophy will pop eventually, there's really bugger all skill involved.
    I am having that experience, have only put about 10 hours into the game, often just playing with friends, and got 37% of trophies........
  • -cerberus- 4 Oct 2012 11:20:26 2,635 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Working on Uncharted 3 at the moment. Six more trophies to go till the Platinum pops :) I'm really enjoying this game a lot!

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• MatMan562 4 Oct 2012 11:43:49 2,365 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got the Sly Cooper platinum a couple weeks back, it was very easy but enjoyable and made me find all the collectibles in the levels, something I don't usually bother with, if I hadn't it likely would have been a much shorter game. Hopefully 2 and 3 will go on sale at some point so I can get those two as well, assuming they aren't loads harder.

I'm currently aiming for the Borderlands 2 platinum as well, 66% so far.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• YenooR 8 Oct 2012 22:16:57 529 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got The Cursed Crusade platinum trophy this evening. It wasn't too difficult.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 07:07:20 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    172 hours of gaming joy later, up pops the Platinum for Dark Souls, yes! :D
  • Big-Swiss 13 Oct 2012 09:06:16 8,076 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got the AC2, but I clearly cheated on the feathers. I used some youtube guides and then it went quite fast. perhaps around 3 hours.

But in general my gaming habbits have changed, platinum trophies are like a impossible achievement, just getting 50% of trophies in a game would be great, since I'm at the point where I can't really be bothered to even finish a playtrough.

sad really!
  • mikeck 2 Nov 2012 19:04:29 1,925 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    YenooR wrote:
    Playing Dragon's Dogma and am going to try and platinum it as it doesn't look to hard.
    How's that going, as it's very time intensive isn't it?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 4 Nov 2012 04:11:15 11,287 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Welcome to the club FuzzyDuck. /bows courteously

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• FuzzyDuck 4 Nov 2012 04:44:36 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Welcome to the club FuzzyDuck. /bows courteously
    Thank you! /bows back by pressing Select, threw the pad across the room trying the waggle method
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Nov 2012 01:29:54 11,287 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a SELECT man meself. :)

Tonight I'll try to "Get Stoned" to nab the GoW III trophy. I really hate this and the "No Weapons" trophy. They're pretty much down to luck and perseverence.

As a self-confessed trophy whore, I can honestly say that most of the time I enjoy tracking down these trophies and completing challenges, but in those few cases where I find myself doing stupid time consuming grindy bullshit tasks, I can clearly see that I am a victim of the skinner box, and I don't like it. Devs, sort it out.

• FuzzyDuck 8 Nov 2012 08:54:10 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I'm a SELECT man meself. :)

Tonight I'll try to "Get Stoned" to nab the GoW III trophy. I really hate this and the "No Weapons" trophy. They're pretty much down to luck and perseverence.

As a self-confessed trophy whore, I can honestly say that most of the time I enjoy tracking down these trophies and completing challenges, but in those few cases where I find myself doing stupid time consuming grindy bullshit tasks, I can clearly see that I am a victim of the skinner box, and I don't like it. Devs, sort it out.
    Hehe! :D

I hated, i mean really hated that trophy. Thought i was gonna need a new analogue stick by the end of it. I enjoyed the difficult playthrough of the game, one or two trophies in GoW III were 'meh', but i almost stopped trying for the Platinum because of that one. Good luck with it!

I'll go after some trophies if they're good fun, but i hate when there's one of sheer chance thrown in, like the 'Bling Brigade' (i think it's called) one in Wipeout HD/Fury. In a game that awards almost all of its trophies on skill (i've managed to Beat Zico!), i'll never achieve the Plat because i don't know enough people playing the game to achieve the criteria, plus it's just a nonsense trophy!
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Nov 2012 09:58:15 11,287 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, even trophies where you have to play through the whole thing again to nab are okay, because a few months or years down the line you might wanna have another stab at it...

I decided not to bother with the GoW III plat. Just like with the Ratchet and Clank II and III trophies, if I stop playing for a few days, I become at one with the universe and complete them easily the next time. Maybe GoW III will be the same.

Now, I just killed Orochi, I'm off to the city! ^-^

• FuzzyDuck 8 Nov 2012 10:17:44 3,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are you actually telepathic? I went back to my R&C III save game only yesterday! :D. I completely burnt out on that, as i had Platinumed R&C II within a few days at launch, and dove straight into III. Big mistake. NOw, it's fun again! And i enjoy doing it on the R&C games, as you end up seeing all the different weapons.

Dang, i really need to buy Okami! (for the third time!).
  • -cerberus- 8 Nov 2012 14:11:19 2,635 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    5 more trophies and Killzone HD's Platinum is mine!

EDIT: Done! :cool:

Edited by -cerberus- at 15:13:25 08-11-2012

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Zackv4861 8 Nov 2012 17:06:28 1,084 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Platinum for New Little King Story on Vita
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Nov 2012 06:54:21 11,287 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dude, you really DO need to get Okami, it's possibly one of the greatest games of all time, and it might as well be current generation considering how pretty and deep it is.

Anyway, I'm just about to platinum it, just need to beat the last dude, it should take all of 15 minutes. Then I might Get Stoned just to get it out of the way. After that, Mass Effect III, just need to push through the very last stage in Insanity mode... :)

Edited by Telepathic.Geometry at 06:54:46 14-11-2012

• Page

of 27 First / Last