Platinum Trophies Page 14

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• Pinky_Floyd 29 Nov 2011 22:58:15 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spacedelete wrote:
    personaly i think trophies and achievements are a waste of time but whatever floats your boat i guess.
    STOP THE PRESS!

We actually agree on something.

*shock*
  • dominalien 30 Nov 2011 18:53:18 6,860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Two words:

Dark Souls

Edit: yes, I am bragging :)

Edited by dominalien at 18:58:06 30-11-2011

PSN: DonOsito

• rockavitch 2 Dec 2011 09:40:47 324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've got 16:
    Batman Arkham Asylum, God Of War 1, 2 and 3, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, Demon's Souls, Dark Void, Dragon Age Origins, Sega Mega Drive Collection, Fallout 3, Prince Of Persia, Burnout Paradise, Infamous 1 and 2.

Also 3 100%s that don't have Platinums:
    Streets Of Rage 2, Pixel Junk Shooter 1 and 2.

I find them a good time waster as I was in Hungry for over a year with no job so couldn't buy as many games but now I'm back home I doubt I'll get many more, if they come from enjoying a game though then they are welcome.

Trophies/Achievements have a place in gaming now days and if people want to collect them then good for them, it's not as if it's forced upon us.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• consoledelight 2 Dec 2011 12:32:56 154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I only have the 1, Fallout 3 it's pretty easy to get, you just have to play through 3 times. Love the game so it wasn't an issue for me.

Skyrim is next
  • Zackv4861 4 Dec 2011 13:48:13 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just got the Assassins Creed Revelations platinum!!! Quite easy Plat to be honest
  • amplifiedAnt 5 Dec 2011 14:27:01 16 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trophies nearly ruined gaming for me - or at least I let it get to that point. Stopped playing games specifically for platinums at 100, but have since got another few on games that I bought purely to play, because I wanted to get the most out of them (e.g. Uncharted 3, God of War Collection Vol. 2, Portal 2).

The unerring desire to get 100% in everything was horrible after a while so I sacked it off. Trophies/achievements have their place, but the endlessly grindy ones are such a pain. I bet some developers laugh their heads off at the hours people will waste to get them!
  • X201 5 Dec 2011 14:43:25 15,476 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    X201 wrote:
    Got Uncharted 3 Platinum yesterday.

Couple of sections had me in controller throwing territory, but kept at it an got through in the end. :)
    what was tough?
    It was the AI that was the main irritant.
    Various points where the game played by its rules but if you tried to do the same you weren't allowed. i.e. The boss battle where he can punch you at the edge of the platform and you fall off, whereas he cant fall off due to the invisible boxing ring that saves him.

Plus other bits where its down to luck rather than skill.

No hard trophies - a couple of repetitive ones if you haven't got enough kills with a certain weapon, or in a certain style, but nothing that's a problem.

Edited by X201 at 14:44:27 05-12-2011
  • Zackv4861 5 Dec 2011 19:48:24 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @amplifiedant i agree completely. Trophies ruined my gaming for a while but i still love them. After some re-evaluating and realising games are for fun i now only go after Platinums for games i teally enjoy and not just for the sake of the trophy, but when i do get that trophy it makes me happy.
  • amplifiedAnt 6 Dec 2011 08:45:45 16 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Zackv4861 - Likewise. Having a ton of fun playing through DiRT 3 and Sonic Generations at the moment, fortunately both have quite a natural trophy structure as you progress through. Will almost certainly go for platinum in both as I'm really enjoying the challenge modes.

Edited by amplifiedAnt at 08:46:38 06-12-2011
  • krushing 8 Dec 2011 15:53:39 777 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got my first Plat from Crysis. Wouldn't have bothered but I already grinded through on the Delta level, so the rest were easy to mop up. It's also a totally different game with the easier difficulties - Delta is a bit too much cloak'n'recharge, as the armor mode is all but useless in it.
  • Zackv4861 8 Dec 2011 18:31:58 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    consoledelight wrote:
    I only have the 1, Fallout 3 it's pretty easy to get, you just have to play through 3 times. Love the game so it wasn't an issue for me.
    No you don't just one playthrough. How'd you manage three?? What didn't you get on the first playthrough
  • chrisno21 9 Dec 2011 12:42:08 1,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    consoledelight wrote:
    No you don't just one playthrough. How'd you manage three?? What didn't you get on the first playthrough
    I'm pretty sure there were a few reach level X with good, neutral and evil Karma, so unless you are playing for the first time balancing your karma with saves before you level for each required trophy (which surely ruins the game) then multiple playthroughs were needed.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Zackv4861 9 Dec 2011 13:59:46 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah i see. I made extra saves just before levelling and took out Megaton for Evil etc. Poor guys!!lol
  • Flying_Pig 13 Dec 2011 16:14:43 11,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Platinum #4 \o/

Got it for Sly2: Band of Thieves. Pretty easy platinum firms decent game (although I preferred Sly 1)
  • Red_Devilfish 18 Dec 2011 22:33:36 25 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have four. Not had my PS3 long and I am close to getting a couple more. I only really go for trophies if I think the Platinum is gettable. Otherwise I just go for Golds as I think bronze and silver are nothing special in my eyes.

List in order of proudness with favourite trophy/s.

1. Deadspace - One Gun (I did this on easy, wish I'd did it and will do on hard for a good challenge) & Epic Tier 3 Engineer.
    2. Mass Effect 2 - No One Left Behind.
    3. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - My Blaster Runs Really, Really Hot.
    4. Godfather 2 - Executions In Style & It's Only Business. I also made my up my own trophy for this to make the end game better*

Not very impressive but I am working on it. These are quite easy to get so are a good buy for anyone looking for decent games and a Platinum.

*This Is My Town.

Save at start.

Take over all of Cuba without driving or going to your safe house. This must include the two Mangano businesses. You must kill all guards and crack the safe of each place before taking it over. Send your Family members to take over the place before you get there. If one of your Family members is wounded or arrested you cannot use him. If cannot take over a place or crack it's safe you have failed and must restart. If you are not being chased by the cops you must shoot the next copper you see. Includes taking Almeida compound and killing Henry Mitchell. After you do all this you must run to your safe house to make the call. Upon doing this you have earned This Is My Town.

The games I'm working on;

Batman: Arkham Asylum 75% (probably won't get this as I suck at the challenges).
    Fallout 3 89%

I'm working on more but these two are the closest.

To the posters saying trophies/achievements ruined or nearly ruined gaming for you. I don't look at the trophies before I play a game usually on normal and then do a trophy run second. It's inefficient as you normally have to play through it more times, but it makes the first play through all about enjoying the game. Plus it's good for milking a game, nice way save money.

Edit - added Godfather 2.

Edited by Red_Devilfish at 04:44:24 19-12-2011
  • amplifiedAnt 19 Dec 2011 09:39:15 16 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Red_Devilfish wrote:
    To the posters saying trophies/achievements ruined or nearly ruined gaming for you. I don't look at the trophies before I play a game usually on normal and then do a trophy run second. It's inefficient as you normally have to play through it more times, but it makes the first play through all about enjoying the game.
    Fully agree, that's essentially where I'm at now. Most recent example is Sonic Generations - it's probably added about 10 hours onto the play time if I decide to go for platinum, but I'm in love with the game so that won't be a chore (and really if it was then why bother putting myself through it?!)

The only exception is FIFA - when I've got the last couple of easy but time consuming trophies on '12 then FIFA 11 will be the only plat in the series that I don't have. Only thing left is 500 matches with my Virtual Pro so I *might* go back to it and finish those off. Again, that's for me though, no difficulty involved so it's hardly intended as bragging rights.
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Dec 2011 10:41:26 8,052 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have reduced my interest in Trophies and Achievements. Have also started ignoring them on the first play through and will focus on them for a later run. The thing is I now seldom do that second run. So my Trophy / Achievement whoring is at an all time low.
  • Zackv4861 19 Dec 2011 13:57:21 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I do the same now1st play through i ignore trophies and if i really enjoy the game only then will i try get them all. If trophies are done right they can really open up a game. The problem is there's no regulation so some are so poorly done they're a pain rather than fun to collect.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Dec 2011 14:47:39 11,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I generally only ever play a game through once, so tend to check out the trophies before I play (or at least early on) to see whether there any any which need to be done from start to finish (like collecting things).

I will go back to a game to mop up missed trophies, provided they aren't ridiculously time consuming - i.e. chapter select on Portal 2, means I'll go back to get the 4 or 5 SP trophies I missed.

Any which require multiple playthroughs or are multi-player focussed tend to be ignored.
  • Red_Devilfish 21 Dec 2011 07:03:54 25 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have not really got my trophy policy down. I am a completionist so my natural instinct is to go for everything, but as people have said this can suck the fun out of games.

The way I'm doing it at the moment is to look through all the trophies and see if the Platinum is gettable. If it is I'll go for it and get all the time consuming and crummy bronze trophies.

This rules out multiplayer trophies as I only have 3G internet. Probaly a good thing because they are sometimes very time consuming.

If I don't think the Platinum is gettable the I aim to get all the offline Gold trophies.

There are two trophies I really want to get;

I Chose the Impossible - Gold - Bioshock
    Complete the game on Survivor difficulty without using a Vita-chamber.

Hard to the Core - Gold - Bioshock
    Complete the game on Hard Core setting.

Both are extremely difficult (or at least they sound so to me) and I would be damned proud to have them in my collection.
  • dominalien 21 Dec 2011 09:47:13 6,860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the second trophy you mention is for Dead Space 2.

The Bioshock one is not so hard. I believe disabling vita-chambers makes the game harder less than people think.

The DS2 one is quite a challenge, frustrating at times, but pretty satisfying. You can easily google some pointers on how to do this best.

• Kangoo 29 Dec 2011 09:44:57 1,016 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got the platinum for Rayman Origins last night, got ridiculously hard towards the end, definitely not one for people who throw pads.
    Would highly recommend it as it is a great game and I found the trophies really added something to the game

PSN: Adwab2

• amplifiedAnt 3 Jan 2012 10:24:12 16 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've had a relapse :( Bought Trine 2 off the US store the other day (couldn't wait for the EU to get it) and the trophies are ridiculously easy, you don't even have to complete the game to get them all. Got the plat on 29th December and have added another 2 to my total since then. Think I'll have to go back to play Sonic Generations, DiRT 3 or anything decent before I fall back into my old pattern of playing crap games for their trophies :|

Edited by amplifiedAnt at 10:24:36 03-01-2012
  • dominalien 3 Jan 2012 10:36:50 6,860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is Trine 2 crap?

• Flying_Pig 3 Jan 2012 12:03:28 11,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't know PSN games had Platinum Trophies...
  • X201 3 Jan 2012 12:32:39 15,476 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I didn't know PSN games had Platinum Trophies...
    It depends upon their size.

Any title in particular?

Edit: Ah, Trine 2. Very easy according to the trophy forums.
    Some have reported earning it halfway through the game :o

Edited by X201 at 12:37:17 03-01-2012
  • amplifiedAnt 3 Jan 2012 12:53:22 16 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @dominalien Trine 2's a reasonable enough game, but IMO is a bit of a missed opportunity. Fails to expand upon the first game's (admittedly solid) template; EG's review was fair.

Was also disappointed that the trophy list is so uninspired - it simply requires a basic set of actions that you'd likely do anyway. Given the excellent physics I'd have expected some more imaginative, challenging ones. Even being rewarded for completing the full game would be nice!
  • Page

of 27 First / Last