Platinum Trophies Page 2

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:33:36 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    about warhawk

agree, that has nothing to do with being good anymore, that has to do with not having a life. I think I'm on 30% with Warhawk, but I'm not sure.......
  • Whatsfor 24 Nov 2009 13:34:40 2,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a friend on PSN who is on 10 Platinum's now. I don't know how he does it... not easy games either.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2009 13:35:39
    And that is playing the game on Zones purely point whoring, playing 'normally' would probably be closer to 800 if you were good.
  • Aretak 24 Nov 2009 13:36:05 10,350 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    1, for the Sega Mega Drive Collection. That was quite fun to get though, save for the horrible Vectorman one which requires playing that putrid filth for an hour or so. Oh, and the Mean Bean Machine one, which was just hard.
  • Whatsfor 24 Nov 2009 13:36:08 2,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am close with LBP, Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise.

Its annoying that Burnout keep adding trophies though as my game % just keeps getting lower.
  • Gaol 24 Nov 2009 13:36:41 2,263 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got 8.

/wins thread

Personally much prefer the gamerscore system, where you can take what you want from the achievement system. The Platinums count too heavily towards the 'level' system which encourages trying to get the last annoying/boring/grindy achievements on each game. Also the level/percentage system is less clear and flexible on the value of each thing.

I say this as someone who doesn't even own a 360, all my gamerscore points are from PC games.
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:37:41 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    warhawk:

but hey, I mean you get maximum 250 points in one game, and that takes about 20-30 minutes, and 250 points is the case when everything goes perfect for you.......

my girl is gong away for a year next summer, so perhaps i can use that time to get some platinums ;-))
  • macksed 24 Nov 2009 13:38:04 3,798 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whatsfor wrote:

Its annoying that Burnout keep adding trophies though as my game % just keeps getting lower.
    I'm pretty sure the rule is that to get Plat you only need all the trophies that came with the game...?
  • Zomoniac 24 Nov 2009 13:38:11 7,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    1, for the Sega Mega Drive Collection. That was quite fun to get though, save for the horrible Vectorman one which requires playing that putrid filth for an hour or so. Oh, and the Mean Bean Machine one, which was just hard.

The Vectorman ones could both be done in under a minute. I've got all but one achievement on this on 360. The Mean Bean Machine one is physically impossible.
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:40:18 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    Whatsfor wrote:

I'm pretty sure the rule is that to get Plat you only need all the trophies that came with the game...?

correct, it is always like that, DLC trophies don't matter.......
  • Whatsfor 24 Nov 2009 13:40:30 2,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    Whatsfor wrote:

I know but it looks daft to have a Plat and only be at 55%
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Nov 2009 13:41:30 11,287 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cappy wrote: Did I just hear somebody casually mention they were going to get a platinum in Demon's Souls?
    I'm not saying that casually now, don't misunderstand me. :) That game is all about pwning me. But what I've played was thoroughly compelling, so I can easily see myself playing a bit of this here and there all over the place for a long time to soak up the goodness.

In short, it's a game where I would enjoy the grinding. :)

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• X201 24 Nov 2009 13:46:00 15,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whatsfor wrote:

I hate online trophies. I'm struggling to find a Burnout game that has 8 players in it never mind get them to all go to the baseball stadium.

• X201 24 Nov 2009 13:47:16 15,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    I was sure I would do Uncharted2 all the way for Platinum, btu that would mean i have to finish the game two more times! That is about 20 hours gaming just for a trophy!?!?

If you play it through on Hard first then you only have to play it through twice.

• Cappy 24 Nov 2009 13:47:55 11,883 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :)

Heh! I took one look at the requirements for platinum in Demon's Souls (get all the other trophies) and realised I'd never be getting that one. Though you can get help with the weapons ones I guess. You just need a friend with the correct piece of equipment then they let you hold it um... And you get the trophy.
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:49:02 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I fucking know, I didn't realize that at the start, I played it on normal..............my bad I know, so 3 times for me if I want that trophy..........
  • Akari 24 Nov 2009 13:53:24 183 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big Swiss

Well since you asked.

I've got the platinum on, Fallout 3, Burnout, Tomb Raider, Infamous, Uncharted & Resident Evil 5.

And someone mentioned Terminator Salvation. A guy I used to work with bought that game purely to get the Platinum!
  • Aretak 24 Nov 2009 13:53:52 10,350 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    The Vectorman ones could both be done in under a minute. I've got all but one achievement on this on 360. The Mean Bean Machine one is physically impossible.
    I know the Vectorman 2 one can be thanks to the level select code, but collecting 500 photons in the first one took me ages (until about the 5th or 6th level). How do you do it in under a minute?
  • Zomoniac 24 Nov 2009 13:57:16 7,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    I know the Vectorman 2 one can be thanks to the level select code, but collecting 500 photons in the first one took me ages (until about the 5th or 6th level). How do you do it in under a minute?

Perhaps under a minute is an exaggeration, but there's a god mode cheat that negates having to put any care into it, it's just a case of running through very quickly.
  • X201 24 Nov 2009 14:02:29 15,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got 3

Fallout 3
    Dirt 2

Can't remember what the third one was :)
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 14:04:56 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    uncharted!-))
  • X201 24 Nov 2009 14:06:58 15,225 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    uncharted!-))

That was it :D

Uncharted 2

Still having aggro with the plane bit in Uncharted
  • chessboxer 24 Nov 2009 14:10:30 250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've got 2 for Uncharted and Uncharted 2. My 3rd Plat will either be MW2 (only Spec Ops trophies left) or Wolverine, whichever I can be arsed to play next.

The Platinum I most want to get (because it's stupidly hard) is for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
  • Gaol 24 Nov 2009 14:17:27 2,263 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I heard there was only a few people worldwide with the Sigma trophy because of the two last challenges. When I say a few, I mean it was literally 2 the last time I checked.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Nov 2009 14:23:06 14,523 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re trophies. I'm a bit of a 360gp whore and love seeing what the badges look like for each and every achievement unlocked. I have only had my PS3 for a few months and did not think I would give a toss for Trophies...Well I completed my first ps3 game today (Resistance 2) and find myself looking at the list of ones I have not unlocked and I'm already thinking about playing through it again, just to unlock some more!
    Oh my god here we go again.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Whatsfor 24 Nov 2009 14:35:39 2,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get Noby Noby Boy if you like the badges, Duffman.

They join to make a long picture when you view them.
  • chessboxer 24 Nov 2009 15:21:17 250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    I heard there was only a few people worldwide with the Sigma trophy because of the two last challenges. When I say a few, I mean it was literally 2 the last time I checked.
    You have to complete it about 8 times in total with at least 11000 kills and perform 2 other moves 2000 times (a kill isn't needed for those moves). Epic!
  • WilsonPhillips-X 24 Nov 2009 18:07:01 160 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For what it's worth, I have a measly two - Demon's Souls and LittleBigPlanet. The LBP one came about after my brother and I managed to come up with a few heart worthy levels, and I think getting hearts was the hardest trophy in the end, so I figured I'd push on to the platinum.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Nov 2009 18:14:26 11,287 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Demons' Souls is a worthy Platinum in fairness. :)

I just finished Dead Space chapter 4 there on Impossible with only the Plasma Cutter.

Thoroughly enjoying it. Every battle is a fight to the death, and my upgrades are having to be very tactical. My rig and stasis are the really important ones right now, as my plasma cutter is almost fully upgraded already. ^_^

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Deleted user 24 November 2009 18:15:17
    Me and ThemisB have 10 :p
  • Page

of 27 First / Last