Platinum Trophies

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 12:46:54 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How many platinum trophies do you have? which ones? And what was your experience getting them?

I don't have any, I would like to get some, since it would reward all the hours and hours of time that I put into a game, but somehow it never works out, either it is too hard, or something has to be done which isn't possible for me (play with 3 guys on your friendlist). etc.

It seems I sooner or later give up, or then get a new game and don't bother with it anymore to really go for the trophies.

I was sure I would do Uncharted2 all the way for Platinum, btu that would mean i have to finish the game two more times! That is about 20 hours gaming just for a trophy!?!?

I think my first platinum will be Tekken6, if I can pull it trough and stick to it.

I'm getting afraid I will never ever get a platinum trophy...........;-((

So speak up trophy whores, this is your thread to share your experineces, and you can brag all you want, you sure deserve it!

• sickpuppysoftware 24 Nov 2009 12:50:41 1,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haven't got one and am unlikely to ever get one. Fortunately I don't care. I'll try for fun sounding trophies and I'll pick some up during normal play. The rest I don't bother with.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Deleted user 24 November 2009 12:51:20
  • Gibroon 24 Nov 2009 13:02:50 1,314 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    0, a lot of the trophies are either too hard or need a time commitment that I don't really have.

e.g. MS:pR, beat programmers lap time on each track with each type of vehicle, thats 128 laps o_0
  • Darknight 24 Nov 2009 13:02:53 296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Managed to get the Batman:AA platinum, and the Infamous platinum. Both of those were more happy coincidence though, as I was playing more to enjoy the games than to get the trophies.

ED: Though I will admit, things like the catching a batarang in Batman was purely trpophy whoring on my part.
  • Zomoniac 24 Nov 2009 13:04:09 7,791 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got 3. I'd rather not tell you what they are.
  • JohnnyWashnGo 24 Nov 2009 13:06:50 1,544 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have none and likely will never have any.

Its just too much effort for not much gain.
  • cianchristopher 24 Nov 2009 13:07:04 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:

We know you've got Terminator Salvation! 'Fess up and tell us the other shameful games you've maxed out...
  • danathjo 24 Nov 2009 13:08:25 7,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    closest I got was for Infamous, still missing 2 shards (which i'll eventually get) but the tricks one can fuck right off, i'll try for one but never bust a gut over it

yeah...get Terminator Salvation if you REALLY want one, 12-14.95 at quite a few places
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:10:48 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    puh, good to see that other people have the same problems as me.

its just unfair somethimes, you spent so much time already, and you are only a inch away, but that inch seems insane.....but it would be nice just for once to hold that shiny thing in your hand.

Motorstorm PR, forget that one, it seems already hard to reach 30%
    Warhawk: dito

Pain: a big pain in the ass just to reach 10%

I do think that most games don't make it possible to get a platinum trophy just by accident playing the game normal, there always parts that you have to play with "throphy whore" mode on. Infamous might be an exeption.

• Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:12:38 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    closest I got was for Infamous, still missing 2 shards (which i'll eventually get) but the tricks one can fuck right off, i'll try for one but never bust a gut over it

yeah...get Terminator Salvation if you REALLY want one, 12-14.95 at quite a few places

why? is it so easy? I don't think I ever even read or heard about that game, must be shit!
  • Zomoniac 24 Nov 2009 13:14:15 7,791 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:

We know you've got Terminator Salvation! 'Fess up and tell us the other shameful games you've maxed out...

Well you can check my profile if you're that keen to know! Let's just say that there are, AFAIK, four PS3 games with a sub-5 hour platinum, and LoveFilm haven't sent me Trivial Pursuit yet.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Nov 2009 13:14:22 11,263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm very close to getting a platinum on Dead Space, and Infamous. In Dead Space's case, it was a pleasure from start to finish, and presuming that I can beat the game on Impossible with only the plasma cutter - a challenge I'm relishing and regretting in equal measure - I'll have it. :)

Next will be Infamous, Ratchett and Clank and then Demon's Souls. :)

I'm close to having a 'platinum' on Bioshock on 360 too, and have it on Rez, and almost on Braid. :)

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• danathjo 24 Nov 2009 13:14:32 7,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big Swiss

never played it myself..just from what i've heard, i'm sure Zomoniac will be able to answer that one
  • Zomoniac 24 Nov 2009 13:15:23 7,791 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    danathjo wrote:

why? is it so easy? I don't think I ever even read or heard about that game, must be shit!

One for finishing each level, plus finish on normal and finish on hard. They're stackable and hard is unlocked from the off, so basically a single playthrough on hard will get the platinum. It's about 4 hours long on hard.
  • Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:21:39 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wow, that is a dream platinum compared to all the others!

MW2 I thought could be platinum worthy, then I experienced spec ops, and nope, will probably not be the case.....

/looks left, looks right, orders terminator........;-))

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 24 Nov 2009 13:21:55 14,033 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only one for finishing Burnout Paradise, because that was actually fun to do. Only have like 50% of the trophies in BP though. :)
    As for the other games. I really don't care, if there are fun trophies or I would get anything rewarding for finishing a game 100% I would do it, but for a trophy.... meh.
  • andijames 24 Nov 2009 13:24:48 2,694 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't got any as yet but i'm reasonably close to one on WipeOut HD. The thing is i'm really enjoying trying to get the trophies on that one as they seem more challenging than grinding. Bloody hard though. Zone 75 is proving to be tougher to pick up than a virgin bride but i'm determined to get it.

vivir el momento

• Akari 24 Nov 2009 13:25:11 183 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got 6 currently. I wasn't really bothered about trophies when they first started to appear, but i've found them a good way to extend the play time on titles i've enjoyed these days. Especially Fallout 3, as most of the trophies were for completing quests.

Only one that was a real pain in the arse to get was Burnout. It has a couple of online trophies, one of which requires 8 people to meet in a certain location. Everytime I set the challenge at least 1 person would drive around and ignore it. Another required you to have a webcam as well, which I don't have, so I had to get that one on a quiet weekend at work.
  • sickpuppysoftware 24 Nov 2009 13:25:12 1,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    10%! I still don't have a single trophy for it.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Nov 2009 13:26:16 11,263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Online and long-term impossible-to-enjoy grinding trophies are where I draw the line, as I simply don't have the time or the patience for them.

• Deleted user 24 November 2009 13:26:37
  • TurboBailey 24 Nov 2009 13:28:43 686 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have 1x platinum trophy for Dirt 2

nothing more, nothing less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKXaqyezPY
  • Syrette 24 Nov 2009 13:29:46 43,062 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    trophieslol?

• Big-Swiss 24 Nov 2009 13:29:54 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    10%! I still don't have a single trophy for it.

me neither!-)) thats the reason Im saying, 10% is already like a platinum!
    but I did play it much and not bad at the beginning! don't have a clue what is going on here, I will have to take a good look at this againa nd see if I might miss something.

@Akari, list them up, would be interesting! and you deserve the brag!
  • Deleted user 24 November 2009 13:30:01
    long-term impossible-to-enjoy grinding trophies are where I draw the line, as I simply don't have the time or the patience for them.

This. I used to play Warhawk, a lot. To get platinum you need to reach General. The quickest anyone legitimately got to General was a shade under 500 hours last i heard, needless to say I got nowhere near.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Nov 2009 13:32:11 11,263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mcbi4kh2: Jesus, I'd have to take about three or four months off work to manage that. :-o

• Cappy 24 Nov 2009 13:32:47 11,830 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did I just hear somebody casually mention they were going to get a platinum in Demon's Souls?

:D

It's nice to be optimistic I guess.

I've got one I think, finishing Uncharted on crushing, or zero if you don't get a platinum for that.
  • Whatsfor 24 Nov 2009 13:33:02 2,189 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    wow, that is a dream platinum compared to all the others!

MW2 I thought could be platinum worthy, then I experienced spec ops, and nope, will probably not be the case.....

/looks left, looks right, orders terminator........;-))

Im on 54/69 stars in spec ops... Then a quick blast through in Veteran and i'll have it done.
  • Darknight 24 Nov 2009 13:33:15 296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Online and long-term impossible-to-enjoy grinding trophies are where I draw the line, as I simply don't have the time or the patience for them.

+1 Particularly the online trophies - I just CBA to spend what little time I get to spend gaming getting beaten up repeatedly by people with far more time on their hands to practise than me (SF4, I'm looking at you!).
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous