Fondest gaming memories? Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • clockworkzombie 23 Nov 2009 22:44:59 379 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Playing Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar and going from level 1 to level 85 in one session before dying.

I shook from adrenaline for an hour or so later, I was running late for a warhammer tournament.

I got my first opponent and was so pumped he wilted in the face of my enthusiasm and I finished him off in half an hour. Good times indeed.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:47:24
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 17:31:50
    It would probably have to be playing Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. It was the first video game I remember playing. I still have very fond memories of the music.
  • beastmaster 12 Dec 2012 18:52:02 11,619 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The very fist Live Aid. I didn't watch any of it. I went around to my mates house at 8am and we played the disc version of Elite on the BBC B till 2am the following morning. Sandwiches and other refreshments were provided by the parents.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Gruff 12 Dec 2012 19:06:04 2,911 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sitting on the Bus having just bought the Original Elite, reading though the many manuals and Novelettes that came with the game.

The don't make (rose coloured) gaming memories like they used to.

Edited by Gruff at 19:06:55 12-12-2012

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• ibenam 12 Dec 2012 19:34:32 1,481 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing Theme Park for the Sega Megadrive for 6 hours straight.

No food, water or toilet.

Great times
  • Vortex808 12 Dec 2012 20:25:55 7,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Sitting on the Bus having just bought the Original Elite, reading though the many manuals and Novelettes that came with the game.

The don't make (rose coloured) gaming memories like they used to.
    Yep. Elite features in my 'best xmas ever'. What a present. The first time i docked in elite on C64 to the tune of the blue danube having been able to finally afford a docking computer was sheer bliss.

Plus it didn't have the daft lens lock thing that the speccy had which had frustrated my friend so much. He could barely get that to work to even play the game!
  • Fake_Blood 12 Dec 2012 20:29:30 4,294 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My favorite gaming memory is quad channel DDR3.
  • dsmx 12 Dec 2012 20:51:09 7,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the PoE mod for battlefield vietnam, Having had my helicopter shot down by a jet I safely landed on the ground only to have the same pilot come back around to do a strafing run on me so I whip out my unguided RPG and blast him out of the sky, it was a special moment because my co-pilot got to witness my eliteness.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• RelaxedMikki 12 Dec 2012 20:54:46 935 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    - Completing Harier Attack for the first time on the Spectrum. With my dad hammering the 'bomb' button for me on the final assault.
    - The first 'wow' of the graphics of Psygnosis' Barbarian on the Atari ST.
    - The collapsing bridge on Half Life 2.
    - The last hour of Portal.
    - The quick-time dance-off with the muscle-Mary in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    - Being owned repeatedly by some ninja in Battlefield. Going zen. Then marching quietly up to the top of the most exposed peak by the respawn and rocket launchering the mofo across the entire length of the map.
    - the first five minutes of playing 'Techno Kitten Adventure' with my kids
  • Ged42 12 Dec 2012 21:21:14 7,756 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting my first sound card for my PC and being freaked out by Shodan's 'look at you hacker' speech in the sound test whilst setting up System Shock.

Playing Sonic on the Megadrive for the first time and marvelling at the speed, colours and music.
  • themanfromdelmonte 12 Dec 2012 22:11:13 588 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sleeping the night before, the night before my birthday in anticipation of Frank Bruno's Boxing on the Speccy. "Anticipation is the only true satisfaction." very true in that case.

The Ermagurd moment in Super Mario Bros World 1 Level 2, when you realise that you've not gone out of bounds of the game, but that your inventiveness was anticipated.

Going zen on the final boss in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. That's the last time I was totally in the zone, so long ago :-( .

My 82 year old, 5 star Actress finally retiring in The Movies. Who says there are no roles for older women?

Being a total ninja in Capture the flag on Warhawk. Up in the enemy base, with Air strike Binocs, Mines, Flamethrower and Sniper Rifle. Supporting 2 American guys who were going for Flag caps. Not having coms, but hearing them ask "Who the f**k is this guy? He's epic."
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 23:12:48
    Binny wrote:

My best memory has got to be the times I'd save for months & months with my bro to buy just the one game (@59.99) & then play it death because you had no other. No real trading scheme in them day's, just swapping games with your buddies & making do with what you had.
    This. You really squeezed every last drop out of the games you owned, and because of that it became imprinted in your mind and on your soul, the music, the controls, I can still pick up Megaman 2 and complete it in one session, you had to deal with the bad and the good of the game, and only tried to see the good.

Opening a NES and a copy of Turtles on Christmas morning, I can still smell that 'new console smell' the game was crap and far to difficult but as it was the only game I owned for 5 months, I had to no choice but to play it and learn it, and finally complete it.

Opening up a SNES years later (bundled with Mario World) and seeing Mario who gave me so much during the NES era, in his 16 bit prime.

Reading a review of Street Fighter 2 in a magazine months before it came out, then seeing Street Fighter 2(SNES)on Games master for the first time, I recorded it and watched it over and over again until the game was released. When I got it I was blown away, the parallex scrolling, the meaty SNES sounds and I played it for years learning every character perfectly, not buy reading guides or mags, just by playing it constantly.

Picking up an N64 controller and playing Mario64 for the first time, moving from 2D to 3D games, it was the biggest leap in gaming for me that I'll probably never experience again until they invent the holodeck.
  • Tuffty 13 Dec 2012 09:18:32 1,662 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Opening up a Dreamcast on Christmas Day, playing MSR, Jet Set Radio and especially Shenmue as the snow was falling. Similarly, I also remember not going into Uni one day during winter, instead exploring the Phendranna Drifts in Metroid Prime for the first time, also as it was snowing outside.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next