Misfits Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• LockeTribal 9 Dec 2011 16:11:55 4,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only got round to seeing this week's now. Thought it was excellent :) Also, yet another Irish TV star appearing next week in the form of Seth's dead girlfriend, Charlene McKenna (she played Jojo in Raw and Jennifer in Pure Mule).

One thing I would say about the series so far is that there's no real over-arching plot developing like in the previous series, just seems to be lots of stand-alone episodes. Still very enjoyable though.
  • richarddavies 9 Dec 2011 16:26:23 2,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    One thing I would say about the series so far is that there's no real over-arching plot developing like in the previous series, just seems to be lots of stand-alone episodes. Still very enjoyable though.
    This has been my biggest gripe realy with the series. It always felt like it was going somewhere in the first two series ven if each episode had it's own storyline. I don't get that with this. The episodes just all feel unconnected to me. It's still good.......just not as good as it used to be I think.

Rudy is a welcome addition though :)
  • Derblington 9 Dec 2011 17:11:03 21,468 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The story this time is about the Dealer (I forget his name) and his dead girlfriend. He's been the catalyst for everything in this season so far and next week will up the ante.
  • Chopsen 9 Dec 2011 17:20:32 15,829 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But it is so lame, though, isn't it? It really has been tagged on as an afterthought, and I actually don't care either way about dealer as a character.
  • Derblington 9 Dec 2011 17:40:26 21,468 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's hardly an afterthought - it's been building from the start of the series.
  • Chopsen 9 Dec 2011 17:42:11 15,829 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Chopsen 9 Dec 2011 17:42:18 15,829 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Building? It's flat.
  • Derblington 9 Dec 2011 17:46:09 21,468 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's a matter of opinion. The story has been in place through each episode, building up to the point we're at.
  • Chopsen 9 Dec 2011 18:10:27 15,829 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, but my opinions count as fact due to my awesomeness.
  • Scimarad 9 Dec 2011 19:04:58 8,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Chopsen

I was going to dispute that but then I caught sight of your profile pic. Objection retracted.
  • richarddavies 9 Dec 2011 19:39:49 2,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I think the problem with this series main plot strand is it doesn't really affect the misfits crew directly. It's all about a side character (drug dealer fella). It's hard to care much when the main series arc is about someone noone gives a shit about.
  • coojam 12 Dec 2011 01:10:13 625 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On a side note, has anyone seen the Erazer episode on 4oD? It's another short like the Vegas one, but could easily have been extended as a full episode.
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2011 02:58:09 53,915 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well that was fun. :)
  • richarddavies 13 Dec 2011 09:24:49 2,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, watched this last night. I really liked it. Rudy's just getting better and better for me.
  • DFawkes 13 Dec 2011 11:44:17 22,750 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love Rudy. I feel he's become more his own character as the series progressed - at first he felt like Nathan 2.0, but now he's just Rudy :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• LockeTribal 19 Dec 2011 20:40:33 4,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Soooooooo, what did everyone think of the last episode in series 3? Have to say I didn't really see it coming. Slightly disappointed about it.

Been renewed for a 4th series next year though so it's not all bad.
  • Scimarad 19 Dec 2011 20:45:47 8,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That IS a surprise. That really did feel like the actual ending, though bugger all happened until the end of the episode.
  • Scurrminator 19 Dec 2011 23:03:33 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They could have left it there really

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• HoriZon 20 Dec 2011 19:20:02 13,517 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It should end 2 more of the cast will not be back next year.

Iwan Rheon has become the second Misfits star to confirm that they will not be returning for the fourth series of the E4 drama.

Rheon, who plays Simon Bellamy, exits the show alongside Antonia Thomas (Alisha), who confirmed her departure earlier this week (December 19).

Rheon commented on his exit: "Thanks for all the comments and support. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that Misfits gave me and all the fun I had doing it. But I have left now and look forward to doing exciting new things. The show must go on! X"

Its dead people.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• ResidentKnievel 20 Dec 2011 19:49:22 6,162 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Series 3 has been decent entertainment, but at the same time a bit of a let down for me. After the second series, when they finished their community service, it felt like the show could go anywhere and continue being great but instead it just went through the motions and felt fairly contrived.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• richarddavies 20 Dec 2011 19:53:30 2,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't say I'm surprised about them two leaving considering the ending. Not sure that I was keen on it though. [Spoiler] so essentially all the time travel masked super hero, giving up his life shit is just to give alisha about a six month extension on her life? And I must of missed it but when did they go to las vegas like the pic he carries around with him? I remember in the old series he mentions to Alisha they go away together but I donkt remember it ever happening
  • Whizzo 20 Dec 2011 20:09:29 43,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stick a fork in it, it's done.

They've been going through the motions a bit too much this series and unless they've got some incredible ideas, one of which is they've got to leave that bloody estate, it's just flogging a dead horse.

This space left intentionally blank.

• GiarcYekrub 20 Dec 2011 20:30:08 3,718 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've prefered series 3. I spent along time last night explaining the intricities of time travel JJ Abrams it seems has done some damage.

The Photo is the same as the Money they only exist inside the time loop They are paradoxes.

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 16:26:11 21-12-2011
  • richarddavies 20 Dec 2011 20:40:28 2,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    But the money came from somewhere. I.e seth. If alisha was never going to live anyway where did it come from? I'm scared and confused. And slightly aroused.
  • HoriZon 20 Dec 2011 21:14:46 13,517 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe they went to one of those booths and had a Las Vegas background added :)

• DFawkes 20 Dec 2011 21:40:35 22,750 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    According to some of the ARG stuff, they went to Vegas roughly when Nathan did, but came home earlier as they knew Nathan's plan (I assume they just thought he'd won big and stayed in America after that). Not that it's the official explanation, but it's enough for me.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• varsas 31 Dec 2011 16:19:53 2,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished catching up and thought it was rather good and I liked how the writers resolved the issue of Simon travelling back and leaving Alicia that they brought up during the season. I thought the stories were varied, interesting and funny as always but they do need try to lower the body account; referred to a few times during the season and in the finale.

RE: Las Vegas - They mention a trip there at the start and that they left Nathan there.
  • HoriZon 31 Dec 2011 21:13:56 13,517 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watched the BBC's The Borrowers last night and Nathan was in that playing the same character less the swearing really.

• Deleted user 22 October 2012 18:54:07
    So what do people reckon about season 4 starting this week. Not many people left now and that rudie lad is a right twat IMO.

Hmm wonder what the first episode will be like.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last