Misfits Page 5

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Deleted user 30 October 2011 22:49:51
    I just know it won't be as good and the new character looks shit. Such a shame.

:(
  • Scurrminator 30 Oct 2011 23:01:24 8,387 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was brilliant! Great new character and a very good episode!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 30 October 2011 23:10:53
    Really?!

/excited
  • LockeTribal 30 Oct 2011 23:33:18 4,498 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was brill tonight :-D Rudy's a legend already, some great writing.

I'll refrain from posting any quotes til I can use spoiler tags so as not to ruin anyone's enjoyment ;-)
  • DFawkes 30 Oct 2011 23:52:50 22,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where's my posts? Have I been GI'd? Or is it just some more teething problems? I'll try once more then.

I loved that tonight - I really didn't think I would as I wasn't a fan of Rudy in the trailers, but he really is quite a good character. The power switches were good too, I really didn't see any of those coming. Even some hints at an arc.

I especially enjoyed Simon revealing his High School nickname :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• SergeantMajorFury 31 Oct 2011 01:31:42 336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That really was a lot better than expected. Rudy is ace!
  • genesisknight 31 Oct 2011 09:25:17 8 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I should have waited to watch this with my girlfriend but cracked last night, totally worth the ass kicking I am going to receive. Rudy stole the show I have to say and Iím looking forward to seeing what happens with the characters in regards to development and story arcs. :)
  • Whizzo 31 Oct 2011 09:30:30 43,038 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rudy is obviously channeling a lot of Nathan but he's certainly his own man or rather men.

Good start to the series and they're already putting people in unmarked graves again.

Kelly's new power is going to be difficult to gain anything useful from though, unless she goes to NASA.

This space left intentionally blank.

• LockeTribal 31 Oct 2011 10:05:21 4,498 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Two favourite quotes of the night were "I'm a fookin rocket scientist!" and "I've always wanted my own vagina. Not to keep, cause I've heard they require a lot of maintenance."

Actually surprised how much I enjoyed it despite Nathan's absence :)
  • richarddavies 31 Oct 2011 10:40:44 2,581 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah was a good episode last night. It really does seem like they had alot of brainstorming sessions at Misfits HQ though to come up with the shittest new powers in existence though. Being good at rocket science? Is that even a power? Being able to turn into a girl? And splitting your personality in two? Fuck me they'd make a shit superhero group.

Looking forward to other episodes though. I was worried when Nathan left but im okay about that now.
  • Deleted user 31 October 2011 20:34:06
    \o/

It's still brilliant!
  • localnotail 1 Nov 2011 17:50:53 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :confused: Am I just getting old? It was pretty pants. Very contrived - why do they just accept him? Also the way of getting them back into CS - surely Rudy would get more than a jumpsuit for nicking a car? and why did it have to be Alisha who split Rudy in two? and the last bit about "what crazy adventures will keep us occupied for the next 7 weeks, gang?" was pretty much mooning the fourth wall.

as I said in t'other thread:
    localnotail wrote:
    Also still not convinced this show has more than 2 undiluted quality series in it.
    - I stand by this, they will have to do a lot better to change my mind.

Rudy:

Edited by localnotail at 17:52:45 01-11-2011

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Psychotext 1 Nov 2011 18:00:25 53,855 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Very contrived - why do they just accept him?
    why did it have to be Alisha who split Rudy in two?

Shared adversity, plus he's obviously got a very strong personality that half of him, anyway

As for the spoilered part. It wasn't, that's just one aspect of his utterly pathetic self doubting wimp of another side. You also heard about a number of other things like being worried about being gay, doing something with his cousin, catching diseases etc etc. That's just how that character is supposed to work.
  • Mr-Brett 1 Nov 2011 18:10:13 12,723 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a bit of silly fun, I think you might be taking it a bit too seriously local.

Portable view - Never forget.

• localnotail 1 Nov 2011 18:47:15 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall there was this one: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Master lttei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."
    Psychotext wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    Very contrived - why do they just accept him?
    why did it have to be Alisha who split Rudy in two?
    Shared adversity, plus he's obviously got a very strong personality that half of him, anyway
    But he's been nothing but trouble (and a cock) to them since they met, they had no worthwhile connection with him at all, and now he's got them into more trouble and they've just shrugged and bent over. I just think it's lame.

I know Nathan was a cock too, but they were at least in it together from the start. And he was a total failure too. And I loved him.

Edited by localnotail at 18:58:24 01-11-2011

• Jeepers 1 Nov 2011 18:51:35 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I also preferred Misfits when it was a gritty and realistic record of life on the streets for a poor disenfranchised youth.

I also liked the arse of the girl wot got stabbed.
  • Psychotext 1 Nov 2011 22:23:35 53,855 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're all cocks lnt. Did you sort of miss that bit?
  • roz123 7 Nov 2011 10:28:41 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That girls arse from the first episode
    http://www.abload.de/img/a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff97h4.gif
  • Dougs 7 Nov 2011 10:34:02 66,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good find sir! Not seen last night's yet, but was pleasantly surprised and relieved that they haven't fucked it up totally. Still sharp, funny as and I like Rudy. Good casting imo.
  • Scurrminator 7 Nov 2011 10:43:30 8,387 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do hope Nathan returns at some point mind you.
    Is it because he is filming the Hobbit that he couldn't take part?

• Dougs 7 Nov 2011 10:47:57 66,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it was more that he didn't want to get type-cast and took the filthy lucre of Hollywood!
  • LockeTribal 7 Nov 2011 10:54:15 4,498 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Robert Sheehan's currently appearing (alongside Aidan Gillen, from Game of Thrones and The Wire, and Ruth Negga, from Breakfast on Pluto (and also Misfits)) in an Irish TV drama mini-series called Love/Hate. He's very good in it too.

Good episode last night. Curtis and Rudy getting in touch with his feminine side.

Also, great find roz :D
  • Dougs 14 Nov 2011 10:21:53 66,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought E2 was mind-numbingly dull. Stupid storyline with a million plot conveniences. Hope last night's picked up.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2011 19:51:21
    Great episode this week, really enjoyed it. Next weeks looks amazing.
  • Scurrminator 14 Nov 2011 20:18:56 8,387 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NAZIS!

• richarddavies 14 Nov 2011 21:54:59 2,581 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I liked this weeks episode, not sure what to make of the trailer for next weeks. Seems like there running out of ideas already. And I'm still not quite sure what Simons new power is.
  • DFawkes 15 Nov 2011 00:17:50 22,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it's just precognition - he can sometimes see things that are going to happen to him. It seems rather short term so it's never going to be as useful as Curtis' old power, but unlike Curtis he doesn't have to live the bad version before changing it.

It's not really clear the extent of this ability, apart from a bit of dialogue with Curtis that made it clear he couldn't just do it whenever he likes. It seems pretty short term too.

I can't wait until next week - I assume that Jewish guy Seth sold Curtis' power to tried and failed spectacularly :p

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• localnotail 15 Nov 2011 01:53:35 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rudy is growing on me. He is still basically a Nathan clone though, without any of the charm. As if Nathan and the probation officer had a kid.

Still wish they had left it at 2 series. Can't take Simon being happy and Aleesha being prissy.

• richarddavies 15 Nov 2011 11:42:37 2,581 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I like Rudy, he's a good character. I think the series is a big step backwards from the other two though up to yet which is a shame. I really can't get over how shit the main characters powers are though from the first series. It reminds me of that Family guy episode where they all get brilliant super powers apart from Meg who has the amazing ability of growing her fingernails. There like a team of Megs.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last