Misfits

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 13 November 2009 07:57:30
    Expected this to be corny crap but was pleasantly surprised. It's not the greatest script ever, nor the best acting ever, and it's a prepostorous premise but It was pretty entertaining I thought.

The Oirish one that doesn't appear to have a power yet is the weakest link in the cast, and obviously his power will be revealed at a crucial moment, unless it already has been and it's "being a prize bellend".

Curious to see how they avoid it turning into Skins Heroes after the first establishing episode, though.

(apologies if duplicate thread, on iPhone app so couldn't search...)
  • Dougs 13 Nov 2009 07:59:26 64,894 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

Curious to see how they avoid it turning into Skins Heroes

That's exactly what the trailer looked like to me, so steered well clear.
  • ilmaestro 13 Nov 2009 08:00:54 32,299 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    (apologies if duplicate thread, on iPhone app so couldn't search...)
    Why didn't you just wait, then? Unless the whole point of the post was to add this in at the end.

• Deleted user 13 November 2009 08:06:49
    I searched the first 4 pages of threads that go back about 12 hours and didn't see anything, and I didn't want to start a thread with "aplogies if old" as I was pretty sure it wasn't.

I thought the overuse of the fake soft focus was a bit offputting by the end. It works on the wider shots but not on every single shot. I suppose it's to highlight the fact that their world has changed so much.

It's worth a look I think even if you fear Skins Heroes - expect the worst and you won't be disappointed :)
  • w00t 13 Nov 2009 11:32:27 10,976 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite enjoyed it :)

Also like the cheeky Irish guy - had me laughing a few times.

Edit: There's a comic version of the first episode on the website.

Edit 2: It's a bit bobbins, but a decent summary of the episode.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Deleted user 2 December 2009 14:33:42
    Looking forward to the next ep of this. It's been pretty entertaining so far. The gratuitous sex-mad power that the girl has over men was a good one, and the plot itself is chugging along at a good lick. Much better than I expected!
  • PearOfAnguish 2 Dec 2009 18:43:49 6,989 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's really very good. Anyone who dismisses this because it's E4 and looks a bit like Skins is a fool.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2009 07:10:45
    Fucking hell, last night's episode was fantastic! For a moment I was convinced they were going to end it there with them all back in the past but then I remembered they hadn't finished off the credit card story.

I also thought maybe we were given a hint of what Irish Twat's power is - is a psychopath? I just wondered because at the shrine there was a photo of a kid we've never seen, who I think disappeared very early on so we never met. And then Irish Twat turned up alive and well. Was it supposed to be the zombie probation officer that got to the other kid before they all regained consciousness, or could it be that Irish Twat killed him? Or maybe his power is some sort of super strength that allows him to survive the zombie attack.
  • Madder-Max 4 Dec 2009 08:03:01 11,566 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Generally its rather good. Very weak 2nd episode though imo. Cant the girl mindread the guy that goes invisible? (Changing rooms scene) If not, why not? Oi tink da oirish goiz pewer is dat he IS lucky loike hei said.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Whizzo 4 Dec 2009 09:10:17 42,759 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They can't even hear Simon when he's invisible, not being able to be read seems perfectly reasonable.

Really enjoying this series, certainly one of the best new UK TV shows of the year and too good to just be on E4.

This space left intentionally blank.

• The-Bodybuilder 4 Dec 2009 11:29:13 13,615 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haven't seen episode 4 yet.
    So what I'm I doing here?
  • coojam 4 Dec 2009 12:49:15 625 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've only seen one episode of this, but it strikes me as everything Heroes should have been... gritty and urban with a touch of humour.

I also find it strange that the core characters in the show are normally the kind of people I find abhorrent... yet they're somehow really funny and likeable. Almost opens my eyes a little...
  • Madder-Max 4 Dec 2009 13:06:26 11,566 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    They can't even hear Simon when he's invisible, not being able to be read seems perfectly reasonable.

Hmmm maybe..its a bit weak though and how the heck did they get away with driving around in a Cortina with a smashed windscreen last week? Some of the writing is lazy but it is pretty good. Reckon there is a massive twist or #occurance' in store...already been hints that things are not what they seem. (Old girl saying something was wrong...

99 problems and being ginger is one

• localnotail 6 Dec 2009 23:16:33 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:

Hmmm maybe..its a bit weak though and how the heck did they get away with driving around in a Cortina with a smashed windscreen last week?

Underpass was only close by and it was 8AM, it's possible. Just.

I've just caught up with this and I'm hooked, some of the dialogue is brilliant, I love Kellie, she's wellard.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• SG 6 Dec 2009 23:23:08 1,872 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    The Oirish one that doesn't appear to have a power yet is the weakest link in the cast, and obviously his power will be revealed at a crucial moment, unless it already has been and it's "being a prize bellend".
    Werewolf. At the beginning each person's power is demonstrated, running guy's shadow goes backwards, Simon's disappears, etc. Irish guy's shows a wolf walking with him. Or he can talk to animals.

Whizzo wrote:
    Really enjoying this series, certainly one of the best new UK TV shows of the year and too good to just be on E4.
    This.
  • SG 6 Dec 2009 23:32:36 1,872 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love the music at the beginning as well.
  • localnotail 8 Dec 2009 01:40:55 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watched the most recent one Run Curtis Run this evening - really bloody good stuff

• Deleted user 8 December 2009 06:52:38
    SG wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    Werewolf. At the beginning each person's power is demonstrated, running guy's shadow goes backwards, Simon's disappears, etc. Irish guy's shows a wolf walking with him. Or he can talk to animals.
    Fab, I'll have a look for that. Can't believe I didn't spot it!
  • localnotail 8 Dec 2009 13:26:48 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I did spot it but wasn't sure if that was some reference to his Mum's boyfriend's issue.

I like the fact that everyone seems to get the power that they want most, to varying degrees of happiness. I'm not sure what Irish Prick wants most, other than a good kicking ;)

• HitchHiker 11 Dec 2009 22:18:54 2,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Episode 5 was really good, funny too. Curtis trying to break up with Sam was brilliant and Simon's Arson story made me lol even though you could tell what was coming :D
  • PearOfAnguish 11 Dec 2009 23:38:56 6,989 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, another good episode. This had better have a second series.

Next week's ep looks intriguing, if it's the reveal of Nathan's power it doesn't look like he turns into a werewolf. The crowds of people appeared to be following him, he's always cracking jokes to be the centre of attention so maybe his power has something to do with getting people to listen to and follow him around.
  • ScoutTech 11 Dec 2009 23:44:50 2,420 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Plus he appears to be wearing headphones in all of the clips. To stop him hearing something or to make sure he was hearing something?

Oh & marigolds!
  • Load_2.0 11 Dec 2009 23:54:14 18,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, I totally dismissed this. Maybe I will give it a go and catch up on the player.

Did they ever play the show Misfits of science here in the UK? I assumes this was a variant of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_of_Science
  • Deleted user 12 December 2009 12:14:17
    It has indeed been brilliant, this show. I cringed when the E4 announcer called next week's show "THE SEASON FINALE!" - we're not Yanks. o_O

But then again it also suggests that there could be further seasons...

If he's not a dog or a wolf or something, perhaps that thing at the beginning refers to his stepdad, who thought he was a dog.
  • localnotail 12 Dec 2009 16:35:05 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's what I thought.

Episode 5 was very good. I like that there hasn't really been a weak one yet, they have all been quite different. Like the little relationships developing, still love Simon best, which disturbs me. I caught a little bit of the spoiler trailer for next week and then switched off quick. Find myself wishing it was a 9 parter rather than a 6. Not sure you could take it to 2 full series and keep it pure good. Although I guess Life On Mars and Spaced both managed it. So maybe.

Anyone in London fancy going to the wrap party? 40 pairs of tickets available. All you have to do is tell them what size orange jumpsuit you need :D And then wear it to the party. Comp closes tomorrow midnight.

• The-Bodybuilder 17 Dec 2009 22:48:55 13,615 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dammit, wish I knew of that wrap party comp.
    Watching the final episode, and that evil lady is hot.
  • The-Bodybuilder 17 Dec 2009 22:59:24 13,615 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So he's immortal? Saw that coming from a mile off.
  • Captain_Peach 17 Dec 2009 23:03:58 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeh but only from the point in the Dvd that kelly got where it shows him talking about how he has no power.

Or at least thats when it hit me...

/may be a little slow
  • bobmar360 17 Dec 2009 23:53:59 878 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Madder Max wrote:

Hmmm maybe..its a bit weak though and how the heck did they get away with driving around in a Cortina with a smashed windscreen last week?

Underpass was only close by and it was 8AM, it's possible. Just.

I've just caught up with this and I'm hooked, some of the dialogue is brilliant, I love Kellie, she's wellard.

more than possible, I used to drive around all the time in proper fucked motors
  • PearOfAnguish 18 Dec 2009 00:22:51 6,989 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guessed it was immortality the moment he fell off the roof, but the evil twist at the end was good. Roll on second series.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous