Dead or Alive 5 anyone?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • JohnnyWashnGo 6 Nov 2009 14:41:33 1,544 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/06/rumor-dead-or-alive-5-possibly-in-the-works/

I like my fighting games and would love to see a new DoA on the PS3... Hope the rumour is true.
  • jonsaan 6 Nov 2009 16:21:34 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So do I. I love DOA. PLease let it have as many unlockables as DOA Ultimate and get rid of that horribly cheap boss from DOA4.

FCUTA!

• TechnoHippy 6 Nov 2009 16:27:12 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    So do I. I love DOA. PLease let it have as many unlockables as DOA Ultimate and get rid of that horribly cheap boss from DOA4.

I hated that bitch.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Metalfish 6 Nov 2009 16:37:56 8,874 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh fuck you DOA bosses. And Jinpatchi whilst you're at it.
  • Santino 6 Nov 2009 16:40:36 399 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i like the fact that fighting games seem to be getting a bit more exposure and interest. The only 3d fighting series that matters to me is virtua fighter so hopefully sega joins the rest and gets VF5R out. Really want to play it.
  • WinterSnowblind 6 Nov 2009 16:51:57 1,250 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Itagaki did say (before he left) that they were working on DOA5, and without him and his utter hatred for the Playstation, it's pretty safe to assume it'll be released on the PS3 as well.
  • jonsaan 6 Nov 2009 17:10:35 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With cock physics to balance the sexist argument.

FCUTA!

• TechnoHippy 6 Nov 2009 17:11:29 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    With cock physics to balance the sexist argument.

Rigid body physics has been around for a while :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• bad09 6 Nov 2009 17:46:12 6,255 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought we already knew they were working on DOA5?

I'm well up for 5, DOA4 was the most fun I've had online with a fighter.
  • Vice.Destroyer 6 Nov 2009 17:53:11 5,943 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know it is frowned upon here, but DOA3 was and is my favourite fighting game of the last two generations.
  • Xerx3s 6 Nov 2009 18:13:08 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DOA, like NG, without itagaki & team will be pointless. I'd be much more interested what they are doing now.
  • sanctusmortis 6 Nov 2009 18:34:00 9,797 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it's not like DOA2, no dice.
  • Widge Moderator 8 Jan 2010 17:07:55 13,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yay, rumours that this will be on the PS3 too. I LOVE DOA.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Cappy 8 Jan 2010 17:27:46 12,117 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Dead or Alive brand is pretty much dead in the water on the Playstation, there hasn't been anything released since 2001, unless they pull the stops out and give us something worth buying i.e. not just a port it's going to get ignored.
  • Syrette 8 Jan 2010 17:37:48 44,211 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A massive meh.

• Kami 8 Jan 2010 17:39:18 2,466 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh shit, I forgot DoA was meant to be a fighting game! So used to the milking of boobies that I had almost forgot they're meant to be trying to kill each other.

Umm... yeah, I'd like a decent fighting game again. To be quite honest, every fighting game now gets hung up on enormous massive tits and whilst that's fine for a while, I'd like something else to back up the silicon implants. Like personality. Or style. Or depth. At the rate it's going, the next breed of fighters will be enormous breast people trying to strangle each other with severed bra straps in the glorious name of the sports top and conquer the world in the name of the allmighty Victoria's Secret...

I was going somewhere with this but I think I got lost...

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• MikeP 8 Jan 2010 17:42:06 2,075 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They may as well cut to the chase with this one and just have two massive pairs of tits wobbling around in the centre of the arenas.

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• Machetazo 11 Jun 2010 11:55:30 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gamespot may have inadvenrtently given the game away, about this one. See, and find out how to play the "open your presents before E3" game, for yourself! :p No trailers, though, before, so that E3 fever can still hit hard next week.
  • Deleted user 11 June 2010 12:03:10
    Mike P wrote:
    They may as well cut to the chase with this one and just have two massive pairs of tits wobbling around in the centre of the arenas.

Yes, because the speed and fighting physics play no part in the game whatsoever. The bikinis etc were dropped from every version post DOA2 on the PS2 weren't they?
  • Slipstream 11 Jun 2010 12:05:46 254 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent news, I love this series.
  • roz123 5 Mar 2012 10:10:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New footage of DOA 5
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 13 Aug 2012 17:39:53 39,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just having a laugh at the collector's edition description from ShopTo's product page.

Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition
    Includes:
    - Dead or Alive 5 game
    - Set of premium swimsuits for the full cast of playable female characters.
    - Exclusive hardcover art book detailing the game’s rich imagery
    - CD Soundtrack
    - Full colour poster of the DOA5 cast,
    - High-quality embossed metal case
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5 marries the signature fighting style of the popular DOA series with stunning new graphics, new online features, and new martial arts techniques to create a strong new direction for the franchise
    In DEAD OR ALIVE 5, players will once again take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns, supported by completely new 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.
    DOA5 stages are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is a formula for the evolution of fighting games as “Fighting Entertainment”.
    With a sensual yet realistic style, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. From smooth, lithe muscles to emotive facial expressions, every character comes to life. Characters can even perspire as they fight, with realistic depiction of wet skin, damp hair, and moist, semi-translucent clothing as the match progresses.
    Along with a rich array of single player modes including story mode, DOA5 offers new online options with arcade-style matches, tournaments, and social features. Players can be paired into one-off matches or work their way up the leaderboards for the honor and prestige of competing with players from around the world for top spot on leaderboards.
    No longer content to be eye candy with a deadly kick, the female fighters of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 show a whole new level of character and style. The unique style of each fighter, both male and female, will be accentuated by their individual personalities as they battle with a new look and feel for an intense new generation of DEAD OR ALIVE combat.
    Intense DOA Fighting: DOA5 expands the signature fighting style for which the series is known with a variety of new martial arts techniques and styles
    Realistic and Sensual Graphics: Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character—from raw power to sleek sensuality
    Dream Lineup: Play as Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, and Hitomi as well as numerous additional characters yet to be announced
    Interactive Blockbuster Stages: More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive showcase for deadly battles
    New Special Moves: Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig—distract your opponent or drive him into danger
    Online Battles: A full-fledged online experience awaits players that allows for both beginners and experts to compete head to head in a variety of playing fields and battle modes.
    Just highlighted a few choice quotes :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• CosmicFuzz 13 Aug 2012 17:48:33 25,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hahaha definite buy now :D

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Syrette 26 Sep 2012 23:47:02 44,211 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So nobody really cares about this, I take it?

Got absolutely nothing else to play till the late October/early November onslaught so I flipped a coin to choose between this and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (from Lovefilm mind, which I might regret as I believe DOA5 has an online pass).

Looking forward to it, a visceral, entertaining and not too challenging beat 'em up sounds appealing.

• King_Edward 27 Sep 2012 06:33:43 11,471 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tekken has an online pass too so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Sep 2012 07:30:28 25,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I looooved DOA4, was my first time playing the series. I'll definitely be picking this up soon.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• jonsaan 27 Sep 2012 07:47:34 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Much as I like DOA, there's no way I'm paying full whack for a game at this stage of a console cycle.

FCUTA!

• Rivuzu 27 Sep 2012 08:05:48 3,247 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My copy arrived yesterday. After hammering TTT2 since it's been out, I'm now finding it hard to transition back into DOA! Still, the changes in visuals is quite nice. Everyone looks a little different, a little more "grown up" I guess, but still retaining that polished anime doll look.

One thing though, the English voices are GOD AWFUL. Thank god the option for Japanese is still there, otherwise I'd of frisbee'd this asap.

Quite enjoying it so far. The critical strike is quite nice to stunlock someone, and the other move is hilarious if you do it on an interactive stage (nothing beats double axe hammering Zack into a nearby attack helicopter for a KO).
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 00:27:51
    When is this out then?
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2012 00:33:23 44,211 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @its-LegendOfGamer

It's been out for 32 minutes now.

Says it all really - not much of a buzz around this title.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous