I wish to end my neighbours Page 26

  • Page

    of 36 First / Last

  • TheSaint 28 Jan 2014 11:10:20 14,201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is quite amazing for EG that over the last few pages of everyone moaning what they can hear from their neighbours nobody has mentioned hearing them getting up to no good.

    Standards are slipping.
  • craigy Staff 28 Jan 2014 11:20:01 7,541 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here's a fresh moanup: the miserable woman in the flat across the hall has a dog that's recently started barking and barking and barking whenever she goes out without it. Luckily we're moving in the next month or so, but it's a bit annoying. Cyanide sausages through the letterbox?
  • craigy Staff 28 Jan 2014 11:20:38 7,541 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gl3n: you don't live below me, perchance? :D
  • nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 11:25:46 58,906 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A good fat dose of meat laced with nytol shows them who's boss.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • TheSaint 28 Jan 2014 11:27:24 14,201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having a dog when you live in a flat seems inconsiderate to your neighbours and the animal.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 11:29:09 16,854 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Here's a fresh moanup: the miserable woman in the flat across the hall has a dog that's recently started barking and barking and barking whenever she goes out without it. Luckily we're moving in the next month or so, but it's a bit annoying. Cyanide sausages through the letterbox?
    Piss through the letter box to teach the dog who's boss?

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • mrpon 28 Jan 2014 11:30:29 28,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    craigy wrote:
    Here's a fresh moanup: the miserable woman in the flat across the hall has a dog that's recently started barking and barking and barking whenever she goes out without it. Luckily we're moving in the next month or so, but it's a bit annoying. Cyanide sausages through the letterbox?
    Piss through the letter box to teach the dog who's boss?
    Just pee careful if you're well endowed.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 11:31:18 5,325 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Weirdly I've looked out the window a few times recently and have seen Tom Champ walking down the road. I should have stuck my head out and bellowed at him.

    My office is a few doors down from your's as well. Plus Todd Phillips lives around the corner from me. Creeps!

    If it is you above me craigy you've grown fabulous man boobs since the last time we met.

    PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

  • craigy Staff 28 Jan 2014 11:31:26 7,541 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mrpon that won't be a problem :/
  • craigy Staff 28 Jan 2014 11:33:56 7,541 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gl3n That champo gets about a bit. I saw you the other day in the pavillion gardens, but was shovelling a sandwich into my face and had mayo all over my chops so was embarrassed to say hello.
  • Nexus_6 28 Jan 2014 11:48:00 3,876 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The noise issue is a total fucker from both sides - living next to someone who makes so much noise it impacts on your life or being worried to live normally for fear of disturbing a neighbour.

    Both have a massive impact on your life. In some ways the situation would be easier if they were being really inconsiderate as others have said, as you could involve the council with monitoring etc if they were always having parties or really loud TV etc.

    If you cant or wont move out, but are renting, is there anything you can try to alleviate the situation? If you are at all handy with a tools (oo-er) you could feasibly head down the local builders and line your ceiling with boards and sound insulation to help stop the airborne noise coming through. It wouldnt do much for vibration noise, but if you get a plasterer in to finish it all off your landlord need never even know....
  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 11:53:28 5,325 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @craigy Lunch breaks are holy. My office is entirely composed of females so had you said something I may have chewed your ear off about football, carling lager and tools.

    Edited by Gl3n at 11:54:10 28-01-2014

    PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

  • sport 28 Jan 2014 11:55:51 12,584 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    @craigy Lunch breaks are holy. My office is entirely composed of females so had you said something I may have chewed your ear off about football, carling lager and tools.
    craigy would've just chatted about his kids.
  • mcmonkeyplc 28 Jan 2014 11:59:01 39,387 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think my neighbours have been ended...I never hear a peep from anyone in my block. The walls are either awesome or they're all incredibly quite!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 11:59:05 16,854 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    If you cant or wont move out, but are renting, is there anything you can try to alleviate the situation? If you are at all handy with a tools (oo-er) you could feasibly head down the local builders and line your ceiling with boards and sound insulation to help stop the airborne noise coming through. It wouldnt do much for vibration noise, but if you get a plasterer in to finish it all off your landlord need never even know....
    It's not impossible that the landlord might allow you to pay for some work like this as well. Especially if it makes tenants more like to stay for longer. However, I'm pretty sure putting in a false ceiling is quite pricey. Also, proper sound proofing isn't cheap either.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • DaM 28 Jan 2014 12:00:31 12,905 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My in-laws are like ghosts - you can't tell they are in a house if you are in a different room. I used to lie in bed waiting for someone to get up, before I realised that they just sort of glide around like ghostly monks. They have the volume on TVs so low I can't hear it - bizarrely they mute it during ad breaks (but still watch...).

    But they have this issue in a flat they have in Poole - the folk down stairs are really narky about noise, and have been really aggressive and abusive. When we visit, they go bananas :)
  • Nexus_6 28 Jan 2014 12:12:14 3,876 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    If you cant or wont move out, but are renting, is there anything you can try to alleviate the situation? If you are at all handy with a tools (oo-er) you could feasibly head down the local builders and line your ceiling with boards and sound insulation to help stop the airborne noise coming through. It wouldnt do much for vibration noise, but if you get a plasterer in to finish it all off your landlord need never even know....
    It's not impossible that the landlord might allow you to pay for some work like this as well. Especially if it makes tenants more like to stay for longer. However, I'm pretty sure putting in a false ceiling is quite pricey. Also, proper sound proofing isn't cheap either.
    Good point, never would have thought that landlord might be open to this.

    Shouldn't be too pricey to have the lounge and bedroom ceilings (for example) done out. Systems are available - screw fix metal sections at regular intervals, commercially available sound insulation, plasterboard, jobs a good un.
  • jablonski 28 Jan 2014 20:26:50 3,409 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Pretty hard to feel sympathy for your situation

    Shit happens before 7.30am, people get up and go to work, kids make noise when they are young, rubbish trucks pick up rubbish.

    The act of hammering the ceiling is far more anti-social than having a noisy kid! That is instant stress from the precious neighbor downstairs.

    If you want to avoid this move to the country side or get rich and buy a detached property. Failing that welcome to urban living.
    The flat next to me is a pokey one bedroom rental just like mine.
    The neighbours decided to have a baby in theirs and it screams like holy fuck across all our flats at all hours.
    Is that forgivable?
    Because I don't think people should be having a baby yet if their money situation means they can only rent a one-bed.
  • Load_2.0 22 Mar 2014 18:24:46 18,948 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fucking flute practice!

    It's awful. The same thing over and over and over!

    Tootling cunts.
  • OptimusPube 22 Mar 2014 18:34:24 2,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My neighbour on the left practises the oboe and drums, I hardly hear him to be fair when I have the TV on which is most of the time, I do like to tootle on my harmonica at times though so it balances out, it doesn't bother me at all, live and let live.

    You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

  • Load_2.0 22 Mar 2014 18:36:23 18,948 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its loud, which is odd because I never normally hear a peep from them.

    It is like they are right here in the room.

    Toot toot toot. Fuckers.
  • monkehhh 22 Mar 2014 18:38:18 3,273 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The couple downstairs are in a band and have a practise every now and then, but it's mainly violin, guitar and singing and thankfully not electric stuff and drums. I just pump up the TV / music / whatever a bit. I have memorised one of their songs though and I sing it occasionally without thinking, not sure if they think I'm taking the piss.
  • Dizzy 22 Mar 2014 18:46:28 2,571 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Start a Kickstarter to hire an assassin!
  • smoothpete 24 Mar 2014 09:08:08 31,362 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Someone keeps calling my neighbour's phone. Like 20 times in a row.

    a) they're not in

    or

    b) they don't want to fucking talk to you

    STOP FUCKING RINGING
  • nickthegun 24 Mar 2014 09:12:03 58,906 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know its a very minor gripe, but I do wonder what the fuck my neighbour does to warrant so much hoovering.

    Literally thrice a day most days. She does it in the morning before work, when she gets back from work and, quite often, before she goes to bed.

    Tbh, she needs to spend less time brushing the carpet and more time brushing her teeth. Its like an old graveyard in there.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Load_2.0 24 Mar 2014 09:12:25 18,948 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    C) They are dead. Murdered. The killer is making his way down the road. The police are ringing everyone in the street to warn them as they are busy with a cat in a tree.
  • Dougs 24 Mar 2014 09:19:39 66,724 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm currently feeling a little sorry for my neighbour. My daughter has taken to waking up howling 3 or 4 times a night. I mentioned it to my neighbour the other day and she was fine about it, but you can tell she was a bit annoyed.
  • boo 24 Mar 2014 10:50:13 11,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surely the solution is to buy a detatched house where the distance to the neighbours can be measured in hundreds of yards?

    Just Another Lego Blog

  • DiddlerDo 24 Mar 2014 11:01:47 1,228 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    We've managed to luck out, kinda. Basement flat (which we always said we would avoid), but it looks out onto a really nice garden, not the street. And is very well enclosed in a nice neighbourhood so doesn't feel unsafe. Neighbour to the side isn't connected in any way. Neighbour on other side has a massive old style wall between us and seems fine with the noise we make from the tv. Obviously no noise underneath so dog can roll her toys around like the Russians are invading. And a florist above us so never heard a peep. Our concern, with a dog, is that we are the noisy ones as she is a hyperactive and slightly chatty dog so this flat seems perfect for that.
  • mrpon 24 Mar 2014 11:44:57 28,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Our neighbour put some rubbish in our bin today. I'm very tempted to tut loudly within earshot.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • Page

    of 36 First / Last

Log in or register to reply