I wish to end my neighbours Page 18

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• mrpon 9 May 2013 21:39:06 29,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Find out in ten years.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Khanivor 9 May 2013 21:39:44 41,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The house directly across the street from ours is now condemned. This was after the task force busted the meth lab they had going in the back.
  • Deleted user 9 May 2013 21:41:17
    Maybe a Jewish immigrant, escaping the horrors of war, spent her time sewing a quilt that became imbibed with healing powers for all who slept under it, giving them a renewed energy and a youthful feeling, reuniting a couple who had fallen by the wayside, helping a grandfather have one last game of catch with his grandson. But all that was lost when the Nazis came one fateful summers evening, and burnt the quilt. What they didn't know was the Jewish immigrant was a reincarnation of the Shi-la-haim, the Jewish Demon of Vengeance.

TO BE CONTINUED.
  • RedSparrows 9 May 2013 21:43:22 24,300 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Does anyone here ever think that their neighbours consider you a problem?

I love how humans, as individuals consider themselves to be model citizens but it's everyone else that are cunts. :D
    See: drivers.

All 'motorists' are persecuted, but all other 'drivers' are CUNTS.
  • ronuds 9 May 2013 21:46:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think my neighbours hate me as well.

Which is why I avoid them.
  • Salaman 10 May 2013 06:37:48 19,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think I have new neighbours. I noticed some new faces in the street recently. Then this week, the bicycle that 's been sitting outside the house next to mine for over a year was put in front of my house. That seems like confirmation there's nee people next door. And their first action was to think "previous owners left a bike locked up outside our door. Ah well, let's just dump it at the house next door. His problem now".
    Thanks for that. Looking forward to meeting you someday soon.
  • heyyo 10 May 2013 06:41:39 14,369 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They probably thought it belonged to you, and that you were just storing it where it was to keep it out of your way? I would do that with my bike if the house next to were empty

edit: and too shy to come and ask you directly

Edited by heyyo at 06:48:48 10-05-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 10 May 2013 07:04:43 25,693 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Possibly, but you should probably still butcher them in their sleep, just in case.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Tonka 10 May 2013 07:27:56 21,363 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I'm fairly certain that our last neighbours considered us a problem. They were the gardening type, which I don't mind at all. But they were also the "We build a massive fucking fence" type... which could be OK I guess.

But the "our fence will be built following the Amish principle of working twice as hard!" was a bit rich. Huge concrete blocks sunk into the earth at an interval that meant the fence had the ability to withstand a direct hit by a cruise missile.

Lovingly painted every fucking summer. And by lovingly I mean that every second board was unscrewed so that all sides could get a fresh layer of paint.

Then they looked at me and said. "When you do your side you can borrow our thorax screw bit to undo the boards"

"Oh nice, I replied" and went on to not paint my side of the fence.

Then when I bilt a dingy piece of fencing towards the street I attached it to their pristine piece of "DIY Magazine fence of the year" at the corner without using the galvanized metal thingamabobs.

I also let my thistles grow up to man height because I think thistles are pretty. And that primrose that had self planted? I let that fucker swallow my fence whole...

So yeah... I think they weren't too pleased with me as a neighbour...

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 10 May 2013 07:28:13 21,363 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I also planted mint...

• CosmicFuzz 10 May 2013 08:05:24 25,693 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I also planted mint...
    You bastard.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• EMarkM 10 May 2013 08:16:00 3,463 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    I also planted mint...
    You bastard.
    Uh huh, uh huh. I think we know what we're dealing with here, guys.

It'll be fennel next; you mark my words...
  • Trafford 10 May 2013 08:24:04 5,976 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My neighbour hates me. He's always banging on my lounge floor which is above his bedroom.
    It's not as if I make a huge amount of noise, since the initial flare up, he demands silence between 2200 & 0800, the irony is he's out the door most days at 6am.

Still he'll be knocking at 8 o'clock at night or 10am even. Sometimes I'm only listening to radio 4
    The guy is a nobhead, maybe 10 years older than me, denim clad, taxi driving, City fan. I can't resist winding him up whenever he confronts me.
    He claims to have made complaints to the building management. I've certainly made them about him.
  • neilka 10 May 2013 08:27:32 16,563 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First mint, now Radio 4... You monsters :(

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Tonka 10 May 2013 08:30:00 21,363 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Eurogamer.net, where the wild things are.

• Salaman 10 May 2013 08:39:18 19,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They might've assumed it's mine, although there's already a bike leaning up against the front of my house. They added theirs. 3 days later I needed my bike, so I had to move the now homeless bike to get to it and put it back where jt's been the last year or more. Maybe they'll try the other side next.
  • Tonka 10 May 2013 08:42:07 21,363 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could you not just lock it up in the basement?

• Trafford 10 May 2013 08:42:19 5,976 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Your music, which is SHIT by the way" he said once, still makes me chuckle.

One thing I like doing with music is unearthing tunes that have been covered dozens of times over the years, different artists and genre. There's often a bit of history tied in with it. One such tune was The Lion Sleeps Tonight, originally a Zulu chant from the 1940s by a guy called Solomon Linda. Awesome stuff, I spent a Sunday afternoon getting high listening to variations on You Tube.
  • Tonka 10 May 2013 08:48:57 21,363 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Reminds me of a drunken afternoon when we played Stuck in the middle with you on repeat for two hours...

Wasn't at my place. Neighbour said "I don't mind the volume, it's saturday and it's not even late. But could you PLEEEASE change the song"

• Salaman 10 May 2013 08:51:11 19,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Could you not just lock it up in the basement?
    Nope. My. Street is a row of small houses. No garden, no cellar, no balcony, etc.
    So bikes our outside on the pavement, leaning up against the front of the house of whoever's bike it is. I don't massively have the hump over this or anything. Nor do I wish to "end my neighbours. "
    I was just a tad bemused at new people coming along and clearing a bike in front of their house by sticking it in front of a neighbour's house. Then I saw this topic. Seemed fitting.
  • Trafford 10 May 2013 08:59:31 5,976 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Salaman,
    You must live in paradise if you can leave your bike propped up outside the house.
    I have to navigate 3 flights of stairs with mine.
  • Tryhard 10 May 2013 09:47:54 4,299 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:

I love how humans, as individuals consider themselves to be model citizens but it's everyone else that are cunts. :D
    No, i'd rather think all neighbours are Coneheads from Remulak.
  • Laserbream 11 May 2013 14:18:55 497 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a great film.
  • SparkyMarky81 11 May 2013 14:41:17 567 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:

Almost certainly. Constant screaming matches with the girlfriend, and until recently late night opening and closing of the garage door for cheeky spliffs. Pretty sure they hate me, but they are miserable cunts so I couldn't give a shit.
  • pacrifice 19 Jul 2013 21:16:51 1,192 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, on my street, there are no troublesome neighbors and I'm not the type to wander over for a polite chat or to introduce myself.... so is that wrong of me? We're all just, indifferent to each other. People tend to rise when there's an issue but there isn't one.

Is that how things are for most people? Or do you tend to go over for a quick chat?
  • Rusty_M 19 Jul 2013 22:04:34 4,949 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We say "Hi". We don't know each other's names or anything else about each other. Seems normal enough to me.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• spindle9988 19 Jul 2013 22:36:54 3,676 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Same. Politeness is enough
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jul 2013 23:05:52 15,433 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We are lucky. Been at our house for 11 years, same couple on one side, 3 diff families over the 11 years, on the other side,none if them a problem. I feed both neighbors pets when they are on holiday, so have a very good relationship.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Page

of 40 First / Last