Fall man decapitated wife | Shocking story :\

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Ste_ 5 Aug 2004 00:43:59 41 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    Taken from todays sun....

A MAN pruning trees with a chainsaw fell from his ladder — and sliced his wife’s head off.

He was cutting branches in his back garden when he lost his footing. His wife, who was working below, was hit in the neck by the machine’s whirring teeth.

Police said the woman — in her fifties — was decapitated by the force of the blow.

Paramedics discovered the scene of horror after racing to the house in Eltham, South East London, on Monday.

Last night the woman’s husband was in hospital suffering from deep shock.

A police spokesman said: “It appears the husband slipped and fell.

“His wife was gardening below him and was hit by the chainsaw and killed instantly. We are treating this as a terrible, tragic accident.”

A police source added: “It was a horrendous and gory scene.”

Last night neighbours of the couple spoke of their shock.

One said: “They were such a lovely couple who were often out in their garden.

“It is an appalling thing to happen. I just feel so sorry for the husband. There was nothing he could do.”

Police are not treating the death as suspicious.

An inquest will be opened within days.

:S
  • Daryoon 5 Aug 2004 00:49:38 5,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decapitated? The police report says she wasn't decapitated...

Oh wait, it's the Sun.
  • Mike_Hunt 5 Aug 2004 01:11:34 23,524 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Harry wrote:
    Didn't we do this thread already?
    Yes, but to be fair the other thread was a "no subject supplied" jobby.

edit: and at least this thread is free of insest.

[MH]

Edited by Mike_Hunt at 00:12:42 05-08-2004
  • Freek 5 Aug 2004 01:24:25 7,682 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ban hedge trimming! It's clearly evil.
  • semprini 5 Aug 2004 01:27:58 3,144 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    Harry wrote:
    Didn't we do this thread already?
    Yes, but to be fair the other thread was a "no subject supplied" jobby.

edit: and at least this thread is free of insest.

[MH]
    Yeah, here's the old thread.
    Bloody new kids with their incest related links, i dunno.
  • barkbat 5 Aug 2004 01:55:08 36 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The next time I need to kill someone I'll just make sure there's a stepladder and a hedge nearby. Genius.

Even mrs.marple couldn't fault it.
  • mediaxs 5 Aug 2004 06:16:56 59 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sorry, but I don't see how a chainsaw could so neatly cut her head off in that situation.

Unless he gripped the chainsaw at full speed and somehow fell with her neck pinned under the running teeth.

It would take much longer than the typical split second contact you would expect from him and the chainsaw falling on her.

A branch half as thick as a human neck takes quite a bit of time ( a few seconds at least) to saw off compared to that split second of contact from a fall.

I suggest he did her in and used the "I'm a moron who prunes a tree with a chainsaw while my wife is working directly below me" excuse. He'll probably get away with it.
  • pjmaybe 5 Aug 2004 12:17:17 70,666 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Should've had a word with Microsoft / Tecmo. They wouldn't allow decapitations in Europe...! :p

Peej
  • ERG1008 5 Aug 2004 12:22:17 711 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    By the title I was thinking Mark E Smith had gone madder than he already was!
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 5 Aug 2004 12:24:04 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mediaxs wrote:
    A branch half as thick as a human neck takes quite a bit of time ( a few seconds at least) to saw off compared to that split second of contact from a fall.
    Theres quite a difference between a hard dense wood tree branch, and a squishy flshy neck with some bits of bone in it.
  • Daryoon 5 Aug 2004 12:27:03 5,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    mediaxs wrote:
    Sorry, but I don't see how a chainsaw could so neatly cut her head off in that situation.

Unless he gripped the chainsaw at full speed and somehow fell with her neck pinned under the running teeth.

It would take much longer than the typical split second contact you would expect from him and the chainsaw falling on her.

I suggest he did her in and used the "I'm a moron who prunes a tree with a chainsaw while my wife is working directly below me" excuse. He'll probably get away with it.

He didn't decapitate her though - that's just media sensationalism. "She was not decapitated. The woman was killed instantly."
  • terminalterror 5 Aug 2004 13:52:47 18,932 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Daryoon wrote:
    mediaxs wrote:

He didn't decapitate her though - that's just media sensationalism. "She was not decapitated. The woman was killed instantly."

My faith in tabloids has been destroyed!

I'll sue the beeb for emotional damages and sell my story to the Sun
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Oct 2017 13:41:01 6,797 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps some kind of resolution has been reached in the intervening 13 years?
  • THFourteen 6 Oct 2017 13:57:11 46,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is why gardening is fucking stupid
  • Furtive_Pygmy 6 Oct 2017 14:42:00 6,392 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just want to know who the fuck "works" below someone operating a chainsaw?
  • hedben2013 6 Oct 2017 14:52:39 498 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's AUTUMN man, this isn't USGamer... oh wait
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 6 Oct 2017 15:05:28 1,249 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy And why it took over a decade for someone to ask that question.
  • neilka 6 Oct 2017 15:18:13 20,578 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If his wife had had a chainsaw too then this never would have happened.
  • mrpon 6 Oct 2017 15:22:14 33,721 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could be Pirotic, perhaps.
  • riceNpea 6 Oct 2017 15:29:13 928 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poor, poor man. The guilt...awful....
  • neilka 6 Oct 2017 15:34:33 20,578 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • LittleSparra 6 Oct 2017 15:39:02 7,004 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mediaxs wrote:

Mind if I put you on speedial for the next chainsaw massacre? You can go next to my hotline to the internet gun experts and the one to the armchair generals.
  • monkman76 6 Oct 2017 15:40:48 11,883 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There aren't enough pipes in thread titles. Looks nice and clean. Thread creators, take note.
  • mrpon 6 Oct 2017 15:52:27 33,721 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nm

Edited by mrpon at 15:52:52 06-10-2017
  • Vortex808 6 Oct 2017 16:04:23 11,686 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Could be Pirotic, perhaps.
    :)

Might have another read-through that later on.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.