Failing job interviews. Page 2

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:11:14
    FWB wrote:
    That's the case with so many jobs today, mowgli. Best get used to it.

I also like how they ask for a CV, then tell you to type it all out into their forms, which have usually be designed by an ape.
    Yeah I'm noticing that. some of the online application forms, especially the one for this job, involved the worst attempt at an application form. It felt like just having the patience to fill the fucking thing in was a test in its self. Six scroll down menus just to enter each Uni course and subject. /o\
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:11:20 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Gremmi has a point, you must be over the 6 month period for them to be organising jobs for you that you have to go to.

They've changed it. I've only been on for 8 weeks.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:11:58
    Timmy wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Damn those dole people for trying to help you get a job.

I'm more than capable of getting myself one.
    Why are you on the dole then? Are you a benefit scrounger?

This may have slipped your notice, but there's a reccession going on and about a thousand people applying for every sodding job.
    Then why are you trying NOT to get the job?!
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:12:23
    Timmy wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

This may have slipped your notice, but there's a reccession going on and about a thousand people applying for every sodding job.
    The reason I posted it was because you said your more than capable of getting one on your own, that said why haven't you got one?

I think it's pretty sad you're complaining about them when they're doing you a favour.
  • cubbymoore 19 Oct 2009 23:12:45 36,504 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because he's more than capable of getting a job, that's why he doesn't need a job. I think.
  • Hunam 19 Oct 2009 23:13:11 20,674 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If he has another job a week after that, why not.. you know, just sign off...
  • dufftownallan 19 Oct 2009 23:13:14 4,725 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I also like how they ask for a CV, then tell you to type it all out into their forms, which have usually be designed by an ape.
    this.

except most of them dont ask for your cv. i dont know for the life of me why they dont do a half and half, please attach your cv and then answer these questions.
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:13:17 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Or you could just be fucking grateful that you've got an interview and do it properly. What if the job you've got "pretty much lined up" doesn't turn out that way? You might be grateful for work, even if it doesn't tick all your great job boxes.

It doesn't tick any. It's that bad.
  • JuanKerr 19 Oct 2009 23:13:29 36,444 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I'd been on the dole for 8 weeks, I'd do everything I could to get any job that I had a chance of getting.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:13:41
    mowgli wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

Exactly my point.
  • SG 19 Oct 2009 23:13:48 1,896 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Timmy wrote:
    SG wrote:
    Wear scruffy, shit clothes.

I'll have that suggestion!
    You might want to try smelling as well. Maybe pour some brine from a tuna can on clothes/you?

Maybe have sticky hands so when you shake them they think 'ew'.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• PazJohnMitch 19 Oct 2009 23:13:53 8,723 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    FWB wrote:

Yeah I'm noticing that. some of the online application forms, especially the one for this job, involved the worst attempt at an application form. It felt like just having the patience to fill the fucking thing in was a test in its self. Six scroll down menus just to enter each Uni course and subject. /o\

The worst one I ever found was for BP. The really annoying thing was that it had a 30 minute limit which essentially meant you had to write all the answers in Word and cut and paste them into the form.
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:14:03 45,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mowgli wrote:

I've altered forms slightly to make them more presentable. Never hurt me and I guessed it showed initiative, or some bollocks. Probably not, actually. Bet no one noticed.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Oct 2009 23:14:19 14,439 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tell them you're close friends with psychotext, and if they don't know who he is, they should google him.
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:15:13 45,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    FWB wrote:

The worst one I ever found was for BP. The really annoying thing was that it had a 30 minute limit which essentially meant you had to write all the answers in Word and cut and paste them into the form.

/Stealth "I was so despite for work I gave up my morals. I now have no heart."

/Has filled out a BP application too. :)
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:15:35 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

Then why not do that? They only force you onto one if you're not doing enough yourself.

It's very difficult at the minute. Employment agencies don't seem to have anything and they get the bulk of the local jobs. I don't drive so long distance is difficult (early trains, travel cost etc) and a lot of people are applying for the same jobs. A lot more so than usual.
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:16:25 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

I'm not even going humour that.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:16:29
    Timmy wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    wayneh wrote:
    85k, fuck me I'm on half that does that make me working class?
    I'm on almost a 1/6th of that.

/working class and proud

Anyone who says they're proud of being middle class gets put on ignore as far as i'm concerned. ;)

I'm currently enjoying the free time of not working. After 10 years of shit jobs, I felt I was going to implode, so it was really good timing to be made redundant for me.

Now I've quit smoking, the dole money stretches quite a bit further as well. I just get the bare essentials and play console games all day! :)

Epic win! :)

With that get up and go attitude I'm frankly astonished the job centre felt they had to force you to find work.
  • cubbymoore 19 Oct 2009 23:16:47 36,504 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One of my friends has been job hunting for over a year now, he's the most useless human being ever.

The only paid work he's ever done was a week standing outside a newsagent letting in schoolkids two at a time. At first he told us he was a bouncer, the fucking idiot.
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:17:57 45,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm decidedly ashamed of being middle class. The class my parents worked their lives to achieve. I reject it with utter condemnation. Want to form a company, Timmy?
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:18:14 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

You're a tool. Read the first post.
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Oct 2009 23:18:23 8,723 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    FWB wrote:

/Stealth "I was so despite for work I gave up my morals. I now have no heart."

/Has filled out a BP application too. :)

I never actually filled it in. I decided I did not want to work for a company that had such a petentious form. Now I work in the industry and have met BP employees I stand by my decision.
  • Genji 19 Oct 2009 23:18:49 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FHUTA
  • SG 19 Oct 2009 23:18:54 1,896 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh and what about not even taking a CV in?

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:19:22 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    If he has another job a week after that, why not.. you know, just sign off...

Are you fucking stupid? Why do you think? I've still got to pay the bills and eat.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:19:28
    I spent all last week filling in application forms. For jobs starting in 2011. Which means if I don't get one (very likely!) I have to wait until next year to apply for jobs starting in 2012. >:(
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:19:51 45,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch.

Well you thought about it. Ergo you're no better than me. :)

What do you do, if I may ask?
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:19:53
    You could pay the bills and eat by getting a job.
  • Deckard2 19 Oct 2009 23:19:58 3,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spin it any way you want, you're attempting benefit fraud.
  • Page

of 21 First / Last