South London?

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 21:56:11
    No thank you.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 21:59:46
    I have tried it, but nah.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 22:02:39
    Mottingham, Woolwich, Eltham, Deptford, Charlton, Lewisham = :-(
  • LeoliansBro 15 Oct 2009 22:05:19 41,865 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You missed Trollingham.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 22:05:58
    A few people on this site live there don't they?
  • Dougs 15 Oct 2009 22:17:11 64,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    Mottingham, Woolwich, Eltham, Deptford, Charlton, Lewisham = :-(

    South London is fine. South East London, where all those are, is proper shit though. 9 years in Eltham. Hate the place
  • heyyo 15 Oct 2009 22:18:35 14,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    Mottingham, Woolwich, Eltham, Deptford, Charlton, Lewisham = :-(

    South London is fine. South East London, where all those are, is proper shit though. 9 years in Eltham. Hate the place

    Must be that area, I live in SE London and its fine.
  • creepylizard 15 Oct 2009 22:22:08 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Greenwich is nice. In parts.
  • Dougs 15 Oct 2009 22:22:13 64,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Greenwich and Blackheath are fine. Don't really know Forest Hill, Beckenham etc that well though. Anything from Lewisham out towards Dartford up to about Bexleyheath I'm not a fan of. Great to commute from but the towns themselves at night I didn't like at all. I found Brixton safer.
  • creepylizard 15 Oct 2009 22:23:14 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Greenwich and Blackheath are fine. Don't really know Forest Hill, Beckenham etc that well though. Anything from Lewisham out towards Dartford up to about Bexleyheath I'm not a fan of. Great to commute from but the towns themselves at night I didn't like at all. I found Brixton safer.
    Come on! Brixton is a fecking hellhole. I never feel safe walking round there at night..
  • speedofthepuma 15 Oct 2009 22:23:49 13,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I lived in London for 7 years. I think I went souuth of the river once by accident.

    I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

  • Dougs 15 Oct 2009 22:25:38 64,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seriously, never had a problem in the 3 years I lived there, and the further 3 in Streatham. Not saying it's paradise just that I felt less likely to get jumped there than in Eltham. Was more that if you weren't into drugs and guns, you were left alone.
  • speedofthepuma 15 Oct 2009 22:26:43 13,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd have been fine then - I'm a knife man.

    I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

  • ElNino9 15 Oct 2009 22:27:30 13,141 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shit hole.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • creepylizard 15 Oct 2009 22:27:47 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Seriously, never had a problem in the 3 years I lived there, and the further 3 in Streatham. Not saying it's paradise just that I felt less likely to get jumped there than in Eltham. Was more that if you weren't into drugs and guns, you were left alone.
    I never stray further south than greenwich and deptford generally...but yeah, Eltham is evil
  • StringBeanJean 15 Oct 2009 22:28:49 1,775 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brixton and Herne Hill are great. Dulwich is nice as well. Grenwich and Blackheath are fab but expensive. I lived in New Cross but I wouldn't recommend that.
  • Dougs 15 Oct 2009 22:31:00 64,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Each to their own though, aside from my football club, I find North London a complete dive. The real bits that most people live in that is, not the few areas of relative wealth like Hampstead or Crouch End.

    /shudders at thought of Wood Green
  • Angel_Treats 15 Oct 2009 22:33:35 11,072 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wood Green is one of the most horrible places I've ever been in my life.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 22:38:12
    I live in a Wood Green postcode. Thankfully it's not actually too close to Wood Green. Which is fucking horrid.

    I've seen worse in South London though. Peckham is a nightmare.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 22:39:37
    creepylizard wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Greenwich and Blackheath are fine. Don't really know Forest Hill, Beckenham etc that well though. Anything from Lewisham out towards Dartford up to about Bexleyheath I'm not a fan of. Great to commute from but the towns themselves at night I didn't like at all. I found Brixton safer.
    Come on! Brixton is a fecking hellhole. I never feel safe walking round there at night..

    Going back to Herne Hill once on the train I and an ex had to skirt around druggies shooting up on the stairs. I had a good friend who lived in Brixton for two/three years before he couldn't take it anymore and went to Brighton. Right in the center, not too far from the dogstar. Does that still exist?
  • deem 15 Oct 2009 22:44:05 31,641 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wood Greens alright when you get used to it. Like most parts of London.

    There are at least 10 'towns' in London that I dislike more than Wood Green.

    The whole 'which part of London is best' crap is such a bore. They're all as good or bad as each other, depending on what you do, where you go, what your street in particular is like and how much money you have.

    I've lived East - Bethnal Green, South - Stockwell/Vauxhall, North - Primrose Hill, Crouch End & Tottenham, and West - Acton. I've felt safe in all the areas I've lived in, and had a great time in all of them.

    Personally I think I prefer North, but that's mainly because It's where I've spent the most time.
  • danathjo 16 Oct 2009 00:08:59 6,909 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lived in brixton/camberwell for a few years, got broken into several times and all my clapham friends hardly came my way, moved to balham in july and my life has actually improved quite a lot. lots of young families and quirky one off shops...loving it
  • otto Moderator 16 Oct 2009 00:12:53 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Beckenham, West Wickham, Bromley are fine if you like living next door to Boycie and having Tory councillors. :p

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • otto Moderator 16 Oct 2009 00:26:38 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There are loads of really nice places in south London (of course your definition of 'nice' is totally subjective and depends purely on you, my nice might be something entirely different to yours). Anyway, my 'nice' would include, for different reasons:

    Dulwich
    Greenwich
    Blackheath
    Sheen
    Cheam
    Carshalton
    Clapham
    Richmond
    Kew
    Barnes
    Putney
    Tooting
    Brockwell
    Kingston
    Forest Hill
    Borough

    there's loads of nice bits; and there's loads of nasty bits; and there's loads of boring suburban bits; bit like anywhere really. :p

    I'd never been further south of the river than Battersea until I met the mrs, now I live there. :'(

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • Tomo 16 Oct 2009 00:30:14 13,841 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Southbank/Borough and Bermondsey are pretty nice. The rest... hmm. Nah.
  • Tomo 16 Oct 2009 00:30:45 13,841 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does Battersea count as Saaath as well? I quite like Battersea.
  • deem 16 Oct 2009 00:32:24 31,641 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    otto wrote:
    There are loads of really nice places in south London

    Borough

    Hehehe

    I'm glad you saved the best for last!

  • otto Moderator 16 Oct 2009 00:32:37 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's like saying "Covent Garden's quite nice - the rest of London, hmm, nah"

    How many of those areas that I listed have you actually visited?

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • otto Moderator 16 Oct 2009 00:33:07 49,291 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    deem wrote:
    otto wrote:
    There are loads of really nice places in south London

    Borough

    Hehehe

    I'm glad you saved the best for last!

    Purely for the market ;p

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply