Transformers 3 Page 26

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• Genji 6 Jul 2011 01:45:26 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    Bored now. Could everyone that champions their opinion as fact please kill themselves? You are no more "right" than anyone else when it comes to something subjective.

I mean the thing opens with '"for me." Not you. Not for anyone else. I share my opinion and im insulted for it. Fuck off.
    I don't think Bremenacht was trying to be mean about it, but fair enough.

For what it's worth, I don't think you deserved most of the vitriol over the last several pages. It was a bit much. But you know, the Internet, etc. I hope you don't let it get to you.
  • Genji 6 Jul 2011 01:46:20 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Gearskin wrote:
    On topic, The Beef says the DVD will be full of deleted scenes.

If he's right... Yikes.

Oh joy. Apparently the lovely racist-stereotype twins from the second film constitute a large amount of the deleted shit from the third.
    And that will take it up to, what, three-and-a-half hours? Awesome!
  • Dolly 6 Jul 2011 08:01:42 3,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jason Statham considered for Transformers 4 lead

Hahahaha
  • LetsGo 6 Jul 2011 08:05:05 5,069 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw this last night and I seriously want to invent a time machine to get that time back.

I almost left before the end, it really is that bad.

Please don't make another one, leave my transformers alone :(.
  • the_dudefather 6 Jul 2011 08:20:44 8,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dolly wrote:

Hahahaha

Crank 3: Dark of the moon

Chelios' invincible superman heart is replaced with the matrix of leadership

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• beastmaster 6 Jul 2011 08:59:48 10,170 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Dolly wrote:

Hahahaha

LOL! That would be fucking fantastic. He'd just kick the living nuts & bolts out of them.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• rudedudejude 6 Jul 2011 09:32:53 2,098 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I'm glad Bay has got over his love of quick edits and actually decided to show the robots on screen, that was quite good.

But yeh, it dragged. Pointless 'pretty' scenes and poor pacing meant the end seemed to go on forever and never really climaxed into a 'holy shit!!' moment. I think the pacing was poor throughout really, it felt like it was bumbling along a bit.

I also think one of the main problems with the franchise is the main character dude, he's a douche. He wasn't as bad in 1 & 2 as he is in this. He has no likeable qualities, skills, or anything special whatsoever and left me wondering a few time why I should even give a shit.
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 6 Jul 2011 09:39:53 7,385 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was reading somewhere that the reason he slowed down his style and stopped all of the quick cuts was to accommodate the 3D, and that he wasn't that happy with having to do it. Wish I could find the source, but it doesn't sound like he plans on slowing down his visual style for future movies unless 3D is involved again.
  • Dolly 6 Jul 2011 09:43:20 3,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Dolly wrote:

Hahahaha

LOL! That would be fucking fantastic. He'd just kick the living nuts & bolts out of them.

I actually imagine this to be a gritty 'Guy Ritchie-esque' comedy caper, where Statham gets a heart transplant, but GET THIS, they accidentally replace it with the Allspark! Oh No's!
    Oh, and the ultimate irony is, he's actually a chirpy cockney sparky! Imagine the hilarity and the one-liners as the Transformers chase him round Brick Lane etc "No, no, no, no, no. I wanted to be an electrician to fix machines, not get blaady fixed by them!"
  • rudedudejude 6 Jul 2011 10:54:40 2,098 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wondered if they might be better of having a soldier / hard type guy as the main character, but I guess that's the point, the transformers should be the main tough guy characters. They have personalities and characters themselves.

You didn't see Andy from Toy Story taking the main role during Pixars films, so why have they done it here?

That girl's last scene talking to Megatron, fucking hell! Her acting was laughable, I was trying to stop myself howling it was so awful. Can't believe it got through and in the final version of the film, how could the directors and producers lets it go? It was absolutely awful!
  • shamblemonkee 6 Jul 2011 11:04:11 14,036 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    she made it through all that destruction with her high-heels in-tact, that's some skill...

Did optimus have more than about 5 lines?
  • MrE26 7 Jul 2011 20:15:45 1,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:I don't like it, I don't think it's good, but my reasons for not liking it might not match yours. So, "objectively", I don't know. We clearly don't look for the same merits in anything.
    I can't enjoy Raging Bull. I've tried to get into it, but it just doesn't click with me at all. I can still see why it's so highly regarded, it's an exceptionally made film, it's just not for me.

On the other hand, i love Commando. I know it's a complete bag of dicks from start to finish, but i find it ridiculously entertaining.

Does that mean i think Commando is a better film than Raging Bull? Of course not.

Anyways, i loved the first Transformers, absolutely hated the 2nd & this was... somewhere inbetween. Glad the silliness of the 2nd film was toned down a bit, & it was nice to see robot fights that didn't resemble a huge CGI ball rolling around the screen.

The film followed the template from the previous 2, Shia LeBoef running round screaming with an astonishing attractive plank of wood with tits, while robots fight & shit blows up in the background. The effects work was jaw droppingly good at times, & as a spectacle it can't really be faulted. It really could have done with having a good half hour trimmed from it though, 2 1/2 hrs was just overkill for a film like this.

Still, i enjoyed it for the most part, but please, no more.
  • heyyo 7 Jul 2011 22:01:31 14,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I actually forgot and thought I was watching the first film toward the end, what a long film. When Tyrese appears I thought it was Fast Five...

The girl ihas a very fit body, Megan's face on her body would be a good use of CGI fuck rendering Prime.
  • fergal_oc 8 Jul 2011 09:35:50 2,763 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well well well, I had to apologise to the wife at the end of this one, once I woke her up.

Some general points:

Michael Bay really does suck.
    That ending was such an OMG moment it's crazy. So brief with nothing tied up just a few dead decepticons. They must definitely be making another one.
    What happened to all the decepticons spread across the world?
    Why didn't cybertrons gravity affect the planet?
    Where were the twins, annoying as they might've been a little back story on maybe how they died might've been useful.
    Prime offers back to Sentinel the matrix saying 'you gave it to me, i give it back' bollox did he, it was found in a bloody tomb in a desert in the last film!!!
    Was it me or did they reuse a lot of dialog from the first two films for the autobots?
    Why couldn't bumblebee talk properly, that's a long time without any vocal processors!!

And above all, it's a transformers film. My little man is gutted that he can't see it. 1 was borderline, 2 i made sure i was with him when we watched and closed his ears for some of the swearing but 3, OMG brutal isn't the word. Really surprised that it was a 12

More rants to follow hrumph
  • heyyo 8 Jul 2011 10:54:47 14,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, surprised at the age rating myself, couple of girls in front were upset when Megatron showed up with half his head missing.
  • jablonski 8 Jul 2011 17:36:01 1,704 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    I was reading somewhere that the reason he slowed down his style and stopped all of the quick cuts was to accommodate the 3D, and that he wasn't that happy with having to do it. Wish I could find the source, but it doesn't sound like he plans on slowing down his visual style for future movies unless 3D is involved again.

Probably my post about it a couple of pages back :)

BAY: I ended up loving it. Things need to be a little more robust. With 3D, it's got a problem where you strobe if you pan too quickly. So this movie, I had to be more wide and slow, and it slowed the cutting down a bit. 3D, as you've said before in interviews, is like music, right? You can sculpt how it goes -- more 3D, less 3D.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-bay-reveals-james-camerons-191774
  • Ahskay 9 Jul 2011 23:06:32 107 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Fergal_oc

I thought Bumblebee's vocal processors were fixed in transformers 2 but he just like to talk the way he does because he liked it better. I could be wrong though.
  • JBlokeUK 16 Jul 2011 14:21:55 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just saw this and while I agree it did drag a little and the pacing wasn't the best, overall I enjoyed it and it was certainly better than the second one.

I think a lot of the criticism this film will have/has received has been a bit harsh. What were you expecting from this kind of film?

I like it when he's angry.

• Deleted user 16 July 2011 14:27:58
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    What were you expecting from this kind of film?

That's never an excuse for the quality of a film.
  • Lukus 16 Jul 2011 14:30:48 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "What were you expecting from this kind of film? A good film? You fucking idiots."

Paintings & Photographs

• Psychotext 16 Jul 2011 14:36:58 52,768 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Watched it last night...

...blech. Kept wondering how much longer it would go on for.

Also, posh bit of arse has nothing on Fox.
  • Genji 16 Jul 2011 15:02:12 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    I think a lot of the criticism this film will have/has received has been a bit harsh. What were you expecting from this kind of film?
    Clearly, we were expecting Oscar-worthy performances from all of the main cast, and a screenplay up there with the best from Charlie Kaufman.

That's why we were so disappointed, you see.
  • Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2011 15:06:12 15,498 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't believe people still hit out with "WELL WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!". Awful argument, and it's been thoroughly debunked in here anyway.
  • JBlokeUK 16 Jul 2011 15:07:51 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    Clearly, we were expecting Oscar-worthy performances from all of the main cast, and a screenplay up there with the best from Charlie Kaufman.

That's why we were so disappointed, you see.

Oh I see, well I'm glad I didn't go in expecting all that.

I like it when he's angry.

• Khanivor 16 Jul 2011 15:29:31 39,862 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I didn't go in expecting an unsophisticated popcorn blockbuster to confuse the shit out of me.
  • Gearskin 16 Jul 2011 15:43:27 2,037 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    $705,419,010

Hasn't opened in a few major territories yet. Will it reach the coveted $1 billion gross? It would be the 9th film ever to do so.

The new Harry Potter might get in the way.
  • H1ggyLTD 16 Jul 2011 16:00:34 1,360 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was terrible.

I'd like to slap the crap out of Bay for what he's done to that franchise.

How did he manage to find a bird that made Meagan Fox look good? At one point she actually says: "But why are the Decepticons killing humans - i thought their war was with the Autobots?"

Starscream is a abomination. Appalling. I thought Shockwave might be good after the start, but no.

At the end of the film i actually said loudly "**** off Michael Bay you wanker". Several people around me laughed in agreement.

Oh, and 3D is pointless.
  • Lukus 17 Jul 2011 14:03:42 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    $705,419,010

Hasn't opened in a few major territories yet. Will it reach the coveted $1 billion gross? It would be the 9th film ever to do so.

The new Harry Potter might get in the way.

That would prove how good it was wouldn't it.

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 28 First / Last