• jonsaan 13 Oct 2009 13:06:12 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah but PJM has online co -op!

FCUTA!

• Murbal 13 Oct 2009 13:07:34 21,920 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you have PJM jonsaan? I haven't tried the online out yet...
  • jonsaan 16 Oct 2009 16:20:58 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No Murbal. only on PS3. It's a great game. I may pick it up at some point. I heard the dancing to upgrade is much quicker on the psp.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 16 Oct 2009 16:21:44 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    btw. YetiSports looks to have quite a bit more to it thatn the flash game, I mean there are levels and stuff. There are iphone reviews out there.

It still looks shit, but I don't think it's quite as bad as we thought.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 18 Oct 2009 10:16:51 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man, breakquest is prone to crashing. that's twice now.

FCUTA!

• Whatsfor 18 Oct 2009 18:43:38 2,189 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    No Murbal. only on PS3. It's a great game. I may pick it up at some point. I heard the dancing to upgrade is much quicker on the psp.

Not really that much quicker...
  • Whatsfor 18 Oct 2009 18:45:34 2,189 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Man, breakquest is prone to crashing. that's twice now.

Not on the PSPgo...

Its official, PSP phat, slim and bright can't handle Minis...

;)
  • Deleted user 18 October 2009 19:22:47
    Whatsfor wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:

Not really that much quicker...

possibly quicker in casual mode? haven't noticed it at all, nearly completed hardcore.
  • Whatsfor 18 Oct 2009 20:14:19 2,189 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I play hardcore too...
  • HiddenAway 21 Oct 2009 07:04:30 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Puzzle Scape.

being a sucker for block busting shennanigans I took the plunge. Very good indeed IMO.

Think Koloomns crossed with Lumines and a sprinkling of every extend extra for the visuals.

Each scene has a set amount of time during which the game throws objectives at you. For instance 1 * 15 red combo or 3 * 4 white. It's fun and nicely polished. I like.

Decided that after 60 attempts at the last secret boss in Dissidia - and failing, leading to a hurt finger when I hit the PSP :p - I've decided to give this a go.

I hope it's worth it :p.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• HiddenAway 22 Oct 2009 22:44:42 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK...

Puzzle Scape

Good: Nice music, nice backgrounds, nice gameplay. It's nice.

Bad: Might be just me but I hold x to fast move a block and it stays where it is half the time. Hurts my eyes (probably me getting old).

7.5/10

Sudoku (Yes, I know)

Good: It's Sudoku. Though with the added bonus of allowing you to play your music while you work on those brain muscles. Perfect if you want to do both at once. Controls are fine after a few seconds.

Bad: It's Sudoku. The music chooser can't recognise any more than a single folder down from the music folder and can't recognise certain characters. Putting the PSP to sleep while playing music from your collection will cause it to stop and will not restart from where you left off (it can just be re-chosen again). Icons are confusing at first.

Score:

a. Marks out of 6 on how much you like Sudoku.
    b. Marks out of 4 on how much you want custom soundtracks while playing.
    c. Deduct marks based on your tolerance for the bad points.

Add a, b and c together.

I get 8/10.

• SeesThroughAll 22 Oct 2009 22:58:23 1,689 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Score:

Add a, b and c together.

I get 8/10.

:)

You know something, I wish a lot of reviews would use your "formula" approach to scores. Would prevent a lot of fanboy debate. Seriously, this way to rate the game was really clever.
  • HiddenAway 22 Oct 2009 23:22:12 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Score:

Add a, b and c together.

I get 8/10.

:)

You know something, I wish a lot of reviews would use your "formula" approach to scores. Would prevent a lot of fanboy debate. Seriously, this way to rate the game was really clever.

Well, this is the proper way to do it. This way you can generate your own scores and forget all the arguments :p

I WILL CLEANSE THE INTERNET!

In all seriousness though, this was really the only way I can review it. It's Sudoku. You love it or hate it.

/patents

disc wrote:
    I think you like Sudoku :)

Guilty as charged :-). The soundtracks thing does let it down a bit (seeing as I have loads of music with Japanese characters) so I have a reduced palette of music :-(

• RunningMan 27 Oct 2009 15:57:42 2,386 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Playing Red Bull X-Fighters at the mo, sort of Trials HD for the PSP. Pretty hard but immense fun.
  • jonsaan 27 Oct 2009 17:15:12 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultimate board games also has sodoku with custom soundtracks and backgrounds too. As well as a rather awesome dice game. everything else on it is a tad meh, but not too bad.

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 29 Oct 2009 21:22:30 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zombie Tycoon is now out for your Halloween gaming pleasure (3.99).

• Roarster 31 Oct 2009 09:15:32 152 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Picked up Red Bull X-Fighters at random and it's surprisingly enjoyable. The gameplay is simple but addictive and it's very well polished (full stats, achievements and unlockables included).

You'll certainly get a few hours of fun out of it, so it's worth the price of a pint, I'd say.
  • HiddenAway 5 Nov 2009 18:45:08 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spot the Differences is now out for your enjoyment at the low price of 2.49.

• toy_brain 7 Nov 2009 23:49:51 1,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone take the plunge on Zombie Tycoon?
    I'm going to be spending a week living out of a B&B with only my DS and PSP for company, so a new game would be nice. Metacritic reviews are mixed though.

Anyone?............
  • toy_brain 13 Nov 2009 20:09:27 1,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yesterday was payday, and I was stuck in a B&B with little to do and even less to spend money on, so I bought a couple Minis. Bubble Trubble and Spot the Difference.
    Thanks to the B&B's wireless connection being a bit shit I only got BT downloaded and its.... a bit pants.

The Good:
    Its sort of original-ish. well at least its not falling blocks, and it has a sort of physics-y element to it.
    Decent number of challenges, some of which force you to play in totally new ways.
    Presentation is passable and it basically runs ok.

BAD:
    Presentation is ONLY passable. Its not in danger of being good.
    Gameplay can become random and skilless at times. Things go too fast to think about, but it also throws in loads of 'lifelines' so surviving/scoring just feels like luck.
    The game does not save your progress or scores. I'll type that one again in caps so you dont miss it.
    THE GAME DOES NOT SAVE YOUR PROGRESS OR SCORES.

Fucking hell Creat, get it togeather will you. This isnt 1986 y'know.

I'll get to Spot the Difference whenever I can.
  • toy_brain 13 Nov 2009 23:06:30 1,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spot the Difference!!
    When I bought this, I figured it would be one of those games where the concept was so amazingly simple and hard to mess up, that they probably would have anyway.
    But guess what, they didnt! Fancy that.
    So what we have here is a game that does exactly what it says on the tin. Loads of images, each with 5 differences to spot. All of the images are nicely shot photograps (meaning they look professional, not some bollocks shot by your sister while on holiday), bits of which have been photoshopped to varying degrees of skill. Both images are displayed side-by-side, you move the cursor around the screen and click on where the difference is. Each level has a timer, and you have a number of 'hints' that recharge over time. You go though images in batches of five, after that a new round unlocks, and the ones you have cleared are saved. YES THE GAME ACTUALLY BOTHERS TO SAVE YOUR PROGRESS. YOU LISTENING CREAT? (doubt it, they dont post here).

Its super-casual. If you really like some difference-spotting its fine, its fairly cheap (2.50 I think) and its a nice timewaster.
  • HiddenAway 14 Nov 2009 12:55:07 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like one of the next games will be a football management sim...

London Blues lol

• HiddenAway 18 Nov 2009 15:18:57 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    26th November for Top down Dracula madness

• jonsaan 18 Nov 2009 15:32:56 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's IDracula!!!! I have that on ipod touch. It looks exactly the same.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 18 Nov 2009 15:34:14 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a good game to dive into from time to time but it only has 3 levels and gets old fast.

FCUTA!

• toy_brain 20 Nov 2009 23:42:13 1,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So then, Pinball Dreams is out!
    Its just as good a port as Pinball Fantasies (though you could argue about the tables not being quite as interesting depending on personal taste)
    3.99 welll spent though.
  • HiddenAway 20 Nov 2009 23:43:39 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Echoes looks good for 2.49. Anyone got opinions yet?

• toy_brain 21 Nov 2009 00:37:15 1,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Echoes?
    Its really rather basic, and short, though the general concept is rather nice.
    Top down maze game where you collect gems (collect the first gem, and the next one appears. So you do it mostly in a set order), but each time you collect a gem you create an 'echo' wich is a slower copy of yourself that traces a path back and forth from your starting point (or the point after you collected the last gem) to where you collected the gem.
    The more gems you collect, the more echos are created.
    Touch an echo and you loose a life, and that echo dissapears. There are power-ups to help you out and trim the number of echos on busier stages, though you still need to think about your route both in terms of not blocking yourself in, but also gathering the echos towards a certain point so they can easily be disposed of if you get a power-up.

25 stages I think. Took about an hour to clear all of them in arcade mode - though there is a heavy emphasys on time-attack for replayability. Also there are other modes that re-use the levels in differnt ways, and 3 difficulty settings.
    You might squeeze 3-4 hours out of it if you really want.

Presentation is very simple and it feels a bit like a hommade flash game. Still, 2.49 isnt robbing anyone. I still prefer Spot the Difference, but I'm a sad bastard like that.
  • jonsaan 27 Nov 2009 16:32:30 25,326 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Circles is blummin wonderful. Kind of like solitaire (the marble one) crossed with dice. Very good and caused me to play all 40 easy levels in one sitting.

Blast off. Marvellous speccy type simplicity. Think Lunar lander with asteroids thrust mecahnic thrown in for good measure.

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 29 Dec 2009 17:34:32 14,853 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    International Snooker

Good: It's snooker and I'm a sucker for anything Snookery. You get to add spin on the ball, power and there's nice scope for quick play and full length games.

Bad: Tactical play (i.e. cue ball near the cushion) is non existent as the ball can be hit with any spin on or off the cushion so for real-life snooker fans, avoid. Also, names are changed for licensing (as expected for a 4 game) but I'd rather play against made up names rather than "Ray Sullivan". The music at the menu is also irritating as it pretends to be the BBC Snooker theme with the riffs mixed up to avoid litigation.

In other words, it's pretending to be BBC Snooker :p

It's also stopped me from starting Vagrant Story...

Score

a) Marks out of 10 whether you like Snooker
    b) Deduct marks based on the bad points above
    c) BONUS: Deduct points if this stopped you from starting anything else that is better

Add together.

8 - 4 - 5 = -1

Hmm, my method needs some refinement...

• Page

of 12 First / Last